Roma People are genetically Indians

Soul83

the roma people are genetically indians. i hope you are not annoyed by me already, but i have good information to share. roma people descendt of northwest indian domba or untouchables and the meghwal were proposed as ancestral population of the roma, also the kashmiri pandits and punjabis have been found to be genetically related to roma (autosomal). romas are about 50% northwest indian, well the hungarian, slovakian and romanian roma, i think my roma (im from serbia) and bulgaria and albania etc. would be more, the welsh roma are only 10% indian.

here is my info.
The origins of the Romani determined definitively - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

Meghwal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://forwhattheywereweare.wordpress.com/category/roma-people/

Kashmiri Pandit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rom and Dom sounds similar even.

Also here is a bit about Roma Culture, Traditions, Customs
Spiritual Beliefs: The Romani traditionally did not embrace an organized religion such as Christianity or Islam, but they still have deep-seated spiritual beliefs. According to Romani scholar Ian Hancock, Romani spiritualism has been strongly influenced by the mysticism of the ancient Vedic culture from which the Romani people emerged nearly a millennium ago. The Romani traditionally believe in a benevolent deity, called o Devel or o Del, and a devil, 0 Beng, who continually struggle for dominance over people's lives. Pulled both ways in this dualistic reality, the Romani believe that it is crucial to maintain a spiritual balance, and that good and bad actions determine one's future—a concept similar to the Indian Karma. Respect for elders, for example, is considered essential to maintaining the needed balance. The spirits of Romani ancestors, or the mule, supposedly play a key role in enforcing this system. When they are displeased by a Romani person's actions, they are believed to mete out warning punishments, called prikaza. Depending upon the seriousness of the transgression, the prikaza can range from stubbing one's toe to a fatal illness accident. This underlies the traditional Romani belief that no event ever is determined by chance.

Attitude Toward Outsiders: The Romani word for someone outside their ethnic group is gadzo, or in the plural, gadze. The Romani traditionally avoid mixing too much with outsiders, still consider marriage between Romanis and non-Romanis to be a taboo, and often are reluctant to have their children educated in western-style schools or go into professions other than the ones traditionally practiced by their people. Some of this may stem from an insular culture's urge for self-preservation, but there also is a spiritual rationale. Romani also believe in the importance of spiritual energy, called dji, which they think is drained when one spends too much time in jado, the non-Romani world. The only remedy is to reimmerse oneself in an all-Romani milieu, which is another reason that the Romani tend to keep to themselves.

Cleanliness and Purity: While non-Romani may think cleanliness begins and ends with washing with soap or avoiding dirt, Romani people have a much more complex concept of cleanliness and uncleanliness. They take into account spiritual purity as well as physical hygiene, and bear similarities to the ritual taboos in the ancient Indian caste system. While the precise rules vary among various Romani populations, Romani tradition generally calls for clothing worn above the waist to be washed separately from garments warn below the waist, and for the hands to be washed immediately after touching the shoes. Food that falls upon the floor cannot be eaten, and when bathing, the body must be washed with the water flowing from the head down. Certain parts and functions of the female body are considered unclean. So are doctors, because they deal with illness and death. (Traditionally, some Romani groups burned the clothes and wagon of a dead person because they were considered unclean.) Additionally, a Romani person can become mahrime, or polluted, though misconduct or by becoming too close to the Gadze. Romani Culture and Traditions | National Geographic Channel

Menhit

Interesting article, I see similarities between Romani tradition of cleanliness and Indian traditions over the same.

bhramos

Country flag
i have friends from Serbia, their language is similar to Hindi like
Naka= naak
kana= kaan
ankhe= ankh etc.......

he said his language is originated from Sanskrit, their skin complex also is similar to Indians..

Glint

Country flag
Most of us know they are Indian origin.
But they're not Indian. Simple as that.

ninja85

give you little advice why don't you discuss this romani issues on facebook or twitter or upload something on youtube instead of dfi,

where you may get to socialize with countless indians and their better responses,

constantly posting about identity issues could be annoying and also don't seems much appropriate on defence forum.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles