Role of Jagdish Tytler in 1984 Sikh Riots

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Given the manner in which the Sikh riots is hitting the headlines and Tytler in a spot, there would have been brownie points for the BJP is Sidhu was coopted.

And he is also a motor mouth who could have made hell for the Congress!

Isn't Tytler a Sikh actually?

3. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Re: Navjot Singh Sidhu is having tough time in politics as BJP MP

Jagdish Tytler's mom was a Sikh. He was adopted by a Christian Priest and converted to Christianity.

Funnily, last night on NDTV Congress had sent Khaira its Punjab Spokesperson to defend Tytler; Khaira's father was a staunch Akali and a pro-Khalistani. :lol:

Blackwater and Patriot like this.
  4. Ray

I was seeing Tytler defending himself in many channels including Times Now, which was quite brutal and even unfair. This handling made me feel sorry for Tytler because he was not being given a fair hearing. Fairness is what must be there even for the accused.

Without going into the merits of the case, Tytler did defend himself well and I felt sorry for him the way he was being buffeted and his views and documents not taken into account.

I feel one should be fair and I am sure the Court is the best place where the pros and cons will really come out.

I hope the Court solves this case one way or the other.

At the same time, I feel that those actually responsible for the Sikh riots must be taken to task and brought to book.

5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

After 30 years, Sessions Court has decided to press charges against Tytler. This is a joke.
    About time he is publicly shamed and named.

If you feel sorry that after 30 years, he couldn't rig the system to prevent a sessions court from allowing charges against him, then I feel sorry for you.

He has many ladders of appeal, and he'll be dead long and no one has any hope for justice.

===

How many even had charges pressed against them ?

Patriot likes this.
  6. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Arnab Gosawmi did a great job.

Direct: Tytler Vs Phoolka-1-The Newshour-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

7. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Selective tears do not convince many. Tytler was, in fact, seen leading the rioters. Like it or not, that is a fact. Rajiv govt was never serious about controlling the violence, which went unabated for a week in Delhi itself. Recall his stateme about earth shaking when a big tree falls. This shaking was natural and was taken as such by Rajiv.

During that time I went to police station and asked for a phone call to my superior, and I clearly spelled out the extent of violence and expressed my inability to attend office. For four days even the govt office I worked in was practically closed.

In case of Tytler, Times Now was brutal, no doubt, but was close to the truth.

In case of 2002, TV channels are brutally lying. What they said THEN is vastly different from what they are saying now. Same for all of print media too.

Patriot likes this.
  8. Ray

I saw the channel and TimesNow was the most brutal of them to Tytler, while the others were neither here nor there.

But none of the others who were there from the opposing side i.e. the lawyer and two other witnesses and even Arnab Goswami, could rubbish what Tytler was stating.

I was not there during the riots and so I can't comment.

I can only go by what was being said.

Though I am well aware that there was a huge carnage against the Sikhs, yet, it is important that one should be able to debunk the claims so that the reality arises out of the scum perpetuated in the riots.

Maybe, I am averse to seeing people being bullied.

Likewise with Modi.

I would be delighted if one is booked, but then I also want the facts or allegations proved beyond doubt.

The issue is justice not popular perceptions or finding scapegoats - both for Modi and Tytler or anyone else.

They all must be proved guilty beyond a shade of doubt and I will shed no tears if they swing!

I am yet to feel justice was done to Saddam Hussein, even though he did many evil acts.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  9. Ray

I understand your angst and I share it too.

At the same time, I feel that Justice has to be done as per our law, even if it is flawed.

Indeed, if he could not manipulate the justice system, as you say, then it does speaks something of the system!

Phoolka and the others came out pathetic.

They could not refute anything.

Why?

I was not present at the riots. I can only go by what I see and have heard or hearsay.

Till now, I thought it was an open and shut case and Tytler was guilty!

Why did Phoolka and the other two not sort out Tytler with facts and refute him.

Tytler even produced some PUCL stuff!

One of the issue that got me confused is a Sikh stating that he was roaming the streets during curfew.

I am not too sure, but given the magnitude of mayhem against the Sikhs and of that there is no doubt, would a Sikh be capable to moving around without some idiot killing him?

This claim confounded me.

Or have I missed something?

Lastly, having seen and controlled riots, I understand the madness and the method in the madness. I abhor those who perpetuate the riots. Yet, at the same time, my sense of Justice insists that one must be punished after having been proved beyond doubt of being guilty!

Politics and emotions, sadly rule the wave in the aftermath and everything get blurred, confused and hastily manipulated in records. One requires to fish out the contradiction in records and pin the accused.

I say that if Modi or Tytler are guilty, the courts should take the call and prove it beyond a shade of doubt and then let them swing at the end of the rope.

Is it that difficult to prove it?

Stetalvad and Sinha and others have been at it for Modi for years. Phoolka and others have been at it for Tytler.

Why are they failing to book them?

10. Ray

Tytler brought out that the timings quoted when he was said to be leading the mob was incorrect.

He said it was said by a witness that he was leading the mob at 1030h when DD footage showed him at Mrs Gandhi's corpse at that time.

Who are we now to believe?

The Nanavati Commission left his involvement as a matter of serious doubt requiring resolution by an Inquiry. He said that there should be an inquiry.

He was also ready for Lie Detection Test provided Phoolka, and the two witnesses subjected themselves to the test also.

He said one of the witness was proved a murderer and has absconded to the US and one was not even there but was in Rajasthan.

Now, is Tytler right?

If not, prove that Tytler is talking through his hat!

I have no idea of the reality or the facts, except what I have read in the media and what I saw on TV.

To me, it matters not which way the case goes!

Whoever is guilty must swing is what I say and it must be on irrefutable facts to be deemed so.

@GPM,

you are a Hinduvta person and so you would be delighted if the heat on Tytler does not go,,,,at least till 2014.

To me, all I am concerned is Justice beyond doubt and succor to the victims beyond the demands of politics and politicking!

To me, it matters not what political party one belongs to.

One must atone for his sins, if proved beyond doubt that he has sinned.

@Singh

All the names you have given should be brought to justice and of that there is no doubt.

It should, however, be on irrefutable facts and beyond the protection of social and political status!

I will shed no tears for scoundrels and of that I am firm in my belief.

The keywords are - JUSTICE BEYOND DOUBT.

Even Rajiv Gandhi should be held accountable for his callous statement.

Why no one is taking action to nail him in absentia?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  11. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

What does it mean: You are a Hindutva person.? Does it make something undesirable, psychopath criminal. If so, why should I care about Sikhs even? After all neither Tytler nor his victims are Hindus.

Please do not make such nonsense statements.

Ray, Sikhs had no reason to fear Hindus during the riots. Cong goons were a mixed Hindu muslim mobs. I did not kill my next door Sikh family, after all. In fact during riots my father got their daughter admitted for delivery, and two days later I brought her home.

12. Ray

Hinduvta person is a person who believe it Hinudvta and its fringes to include political diatribes. Under no circumstance does it it make one something if an undesirable, psychopath criminal. It just makes one uncomfortable in what we have been 'brainwashed', if that word makes you happy, about what constitutes 'secularism.

Correct me if I am wrong about you.

The very fact that you mention 'Hindu - Muslim mobs' indicates the psyche that motors you. I have not read that Muslims too were involved. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

My aged mother braved the mob and saved a Sikh school bus driver when the mob went berserk.And she was not a young secular activist either! She was merely a human being who had not lost her reasoning power and humanity and was beyond succumbing to the popular and fashionable at that time of the whipped political emotion crying for revenge that was sweeping the nation.

You must realise that religion has no importance to us, when humanity demands our attention.

Yet, Justice to all is what we feel is necessary!

The truth alone should prevail and not emotions and politics and political oneupmanship.

Another canard.

You are divorced from reality of that time.

I have lived through that time as an adult and a responsible citizen.

I understandand share without reservation the angst of the Sikhs but at the same time do not condone the betrayal of her bodyguards, who should have put service demands over emotional anger!

To me the concept India is supreme beyond all sectarian barriers that divide us.

And Justice and fairplay is but a mantra.

You would have noticed that I am totally against appeasement, discrimination, be it reservation or religious sops or condemning any political leader not proved guilty beyond doubt.

Justice, Fairplay and a level playing field is my motivating principle.

It may not please people, but then I am not on a popularity contest platform.

13. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Who can argue with a Chairman, even though he has not heard or seen or known all?

14. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

@Ray

The main witness Surindher Singh was coerced according to a secret tape recorded by CNN-IBN. There is no doubt that Tytler has used his position in Congress to coerce, cajole and whitewash all evidence against him one by one. All Congress party constituted committees and congress controlled CBI played the role to do the bidding of Jagdish Tytler to save him from his crimes against Sikhs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivAYa9Fggz0

1984 anti-Sikh riots: Eyewitness who couldn't testify before a court

Nidhi Bhardwaj, CNN-IBN | Updated Apr 11, 2013 at 12:31pm IST

New Delhi: Another key eyewitness, apart from Jasbir Singh, in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots tracked down by CNN-IBN in December 2007 was Surinder Singh, who in that year was a granthi at the Gurudwara Pulbangash. On hidden camera, Surinder Singh gave a graphic description of how a mob led by Tytler killed three Sikhs on the street in front of the gurudwara.

Just months after CNN-IBN aired Surinder's interview, he too was forced to leave the country fearing for his life. He has now passed away, without ever placing his testimony before a court of law.

Surinder Singh, head granthi of the Majnu Ka Tila gurudwara in Delhi, told CNN-IBN he actually saw Tytler inciting mobs to kill Sikhs on November 1, 1984 a day after Indira Gandhi was assassinated. Surinder had said, "He was standing near the Masjid and cheering the mob.. Kill them!! They have killed our mother!"

In his affidavit Surinder had said that the mob killed Thakur Singh, a retired Delhi Police inspector and Badal Singh, a sewadar of the Gurudwara in front of the gurudwara.

"Badal Singh was screaming and crying in pain.. but they put the tyre around him.. sprinkled kerosene and lit the fire.. the man was burnt alive," added Surinder.
    Surinder also saw retired police inspector Thakur Singh being killed. "One man hit him with a metal water pipe.. On the head.. He fell.. His body was still. Then they put a tyre around him also and set him on fire! When he started screaming.. we realised that he was still alive," said Surinder.

When the BJP set up the Nanavati Commission in May 2000, Surinder filed an affidavit exposing Tytler's role in the riots. The first affidavit dated January 12, 2002 said, "I saw Jagdish Tytler leading and inciting a mob that killed Sikhs on November 1, 1984."

And on August 5, 2002, Surinder filed affidavit no 2551 in which he withdrew his eyewitness testimony against Tytler. "On 1st November, the mob attacked Gurudwara Pulbangash. People were saying the attack was led by Congress leaders. But in that mob I did not see Jagdish Tytler anywhere," it read.

Two years later, Tytler submitted his own affidavit before the Nanavati Commission, quoting Surinder Singh's retraction. But how did Tytler know the contents of Surinder Singh's affidavit? And more importantly why did Surinder Singh turn hostile?

"The witness is safe only if he is given protection. What if they shoot me, what if they kill me in an accident? What will you be able to do? They picked me thrice and then forced me to sign on an affidavit written by them," revealed Surinder.

"Judge Nanavati questioned me why didn't you speak up before. Why have you spoken out after so many years. I told him that earlier it was the rule of the Congress party, how could I have said anything against them," said Surinder.

The CNN-IBN special investigation has on tape for the first time the eyewitness account of Surinder Singh who saw three men being burnt to death in the presence of Jagdish Tytler. It has taken 23 years for these facts to emerge. Clearly, the Delhi police, the CBI, the Congress Party and indeed Jagdish Tytler, must now tell this country the truth.

1984 anti-Sikh riots: Eyewitness who couldn't testify before a court

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  15. Daredevil

The mystery of Jagdish Tytler: High rewards for low behaviour

Jagdish Tytler. The very name is a blast from the past, evoking instant memories of murder, mobs, and dead Sikhs. And if you nudge the mind further down memory lane: Emergency and Sanjay Gandhi. Happy times!

Tytler is a survivor, goes the cliche about the young Kapoor boy from Gujaranwala, later adopted by the educationist JD Tytler. And so he may be, much in the same way as that common household pest. All the poisons and punishments offer at best a temporary respite until it reappears again, as repellent and indestructible as ever.

So it is that Shri Tytler has bobbed back into sight, this time accused of engineering a “1984 Sikh Riot Like Situation” in Odisha on 6 September. There’s a video of him doing what he has always done best: inciting a mob to violence. “Jalao, halla bolo, tod do, tod do, tod do…” are the words he used. This is what passes for a political bhashan in Tytler’s lexicon.

And they certainly seem to be highly effective. “About 30-40 youth attacked me, rained down blows and kicks as soon as Jagdish Tytler called on party workers to break the barricade,” says the woman constable who was attacked and molested by the hordes of Congress workers. Both the speech and attendant violence was captured on video, and yet our man Tytler blusters, “She has to prove this. How she is going to prove this [that] I have [anything] to do with her, anybody.”

Sikh activists beat a burning effigy of Jagdish Tytler at a protest in the northern Indian city of Amritsar in March 2009. The protest was held over Congress’ decision to field Tytler as a candidate for the April/May general election. Reuters File

It would be a silly question if it were posed by any other than Tytler, the man who has endured and thrived despite the damning 2005 Nanavati Commission report on the 1984 riots. In its most recent issue, Open magazine resurrects the most damning bits of the final report, including the testimony of Govind Narain, a former Union Defence Secretary, who was part of the citizens’ committee that investigated the claims of victims:

In his deposition, Narain told the commission, “There was sufficient indication that something like that would happen and therefore the Government should have taken immediate action.” The commission’s final report notes: ‘He has also stated that there was a lot of evidence before them that in the trans Yamuna area, Shri HKL Bhagat, a Congress leader, had planned an organised massacre of Sikhs. He has also stated that there was evidence that Shri Sajjan Kumar and Jagdish Tytler had instigated mobs which had attacked the houses of Sikhs and had set them on fire.’

Of Surinder Singh, the head granthi of a gurdwara attacked by Tytler’s thugs, the commission notes: “He has stated that Shri Jagdish Tytler had incited the mob to burn the Gurdwara and kill the Sikhs. According to his evidence the mob had thereafter attacked the Gurdwara and burnt it. One Badal Singh was also burnt alive. He has also stated that he was contacted by Shri Jagdish Tytler on 10-11-84 and asked to sign on two sheets of paper.” (As in an affidavit that he had not seen Tytler on that infamous day.)

Tytlerji is so good about cleaning up after himself. And he’s been long rewarded for it by the Gandhis — especially Rajiv. Contrary to conventional wisdom, The Telegraph notes, it is apolitical Rajiv not Sanjay who brought him into the Congress party: “Tytler met Indira’s elder son, then a pilot, in a flying club. ‘Subsequently, Rajiv — who had then nothing to do with politics — urged his mother to bring Tytler into the party,’ says a former aide of Rajiv Gandhi.”

While Tytler may be best known for his close relationship with the black sheep — ‘Sanjay Gandhi ke do haath; Tytler aur Kamal Nath,’ went the ’80s slogan — it is the “good son” who propelled his political career. Where Indira had sidelined Sanjay’s buddies after his death, Rajiv made Tytler a Minister soon after her death and the anti-Sikh riots. And he remained ascendant under Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh until the Nanavati report finally forced him to resign.

A minor blip that has not prevented Tytler from remaining busy in the Congress party, bouncing from one post to another — even as he cuddles up on the side with the likes of Abhishek Verma, the defence deal seamster who recently named him in a forgery case.

No one can keep a bad man down in Indian politics, but Tytler’s case is exceptional even by our lax standards. Indian Express columnist DK Singh writes:

Tytler’s case throws up many questions. Why is it that the Congress cannot dispense with a leader with a not-so-glorious past? There is nothing to write home about his administrative or organisational skills, nor does he have the mass base. If it is loyalty to the Nehru-Gandhi family, how was it earned?

All good questions that will resurface over and again, only to remain unanswered; lingering instead as a reminder of a shameful past and no less shameful present.

The mystery of Jagdish Tytler: High rewards for low behaviour | Firstpost

16. Daredevil

1984 riots: The original ‘maut ke saudagars’ set the tone for future

Having grown up on a staple of bad Hindi cinema of the seventies and the eighties, I have always associated people with ‘French’ beards as being villanious. Indeed, this is a stereotype of the worst kind, which I have been unable to get rid off.

But now comes the news that a Delhi court has set aside the closure report of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Jagdish Tytler, in connection with the anti-Sikh riots of 1984 and ordered that the case against him be reopened. For those who don’t know, Tytler has had a rather impressive French beard, over the years.

Tytler along with many fellow Congressmen took an active part in inciting the anti-Sikh riots that happened in the aftermath of Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of the country, being assassinated by her Sikh bodyguards on the morning of 31 October, 1984.

As Tavleen Singh writes in Durbar “Mrs Gandhi (Indira) had set out of her house at about 9 am. And was walking through her garden towards her office, in a bungalow that adjoined her house, when her Sikh bodyguard, Beant Singh, greeted her with his hands joined together. Then he shot her with his pistol. Another bodyguard, Satwant Singh, opened fire with his automatic weapon.”

Gandhi was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) by her daughter-in-law Sonia, where she was declared dead.

Women holding a candle-light protest against government failure to punish those guilty of 1984 anti-Sikh riots. Reuters

Indira’s son Rajiv was sworn in as the Prime Minister in the evening of the same day. As Singh writes “We watched him on television. In a calm, emotionless voice, he said India had lost a great leader. Someone who was not just his mother but the mother of the country, or words to that effect. Then he stopped and stared sadly at the camera while Doordarshan showed shots of HKL Bhagat (another Congress leader) and his supporters beating their breasts and shouting, ‘Khoon ka badlka khoon se lenge.’ Blood will be avenged with blood.”

In the environment that evovled the entire community of Sikhs were held responsible for the murder of Indira Gandhi. By the evening of 31 October, the violence started. As Ramachandra Guha writes in India After Gandhi – The History of World’s Largest Democracy:

“Everywhere it was Sikhs and Sikhs alone who were the target…In Delhi alone more than a thousand Sikhs perished in the violence…They were murdered by a variety of methods, and often in front of their own mothers and wives. Bonfires were made of the bodies; in one case, a little child was burnt with his father, the perpetrator saying, ‘Ye saap ka bachcha hai, isse bhi khatam karo‘ (This offspring of a snake must be finished too).”

And this was not a spontaneous outflow of grief as it would be made out to be. It was mob-violence that was directed at the Sikh community in a cold and calculated way. “The mobs were composed of Hindus who lived in and around Delhi…Often they were led and directed by Congress politicians: metropolitan councillors, members of Parliament, even Union ministers. The Congress leaders promised money and liquor to those willing to do the job; this in addition to whatever goods they could loot. The police looked on, or actively aided the looting and murder.”

Jagdish Tytler was seen inciting one such mob around Gurdwara Pul Bangash near the Azad market in Delhi. Surinder Singh, the Head Granthi of the Gurdwara testified against Tytler on sworn affidavits. “On 1st November 1984 in the morning at 9am a big mob which was carrying sticks, iron rods and kerosene oil attacked the Gurdwara. The crowd was being led by our area Member Parliament of Congress (I) Jagdish Tytler. He incited the crowd to set the Gurdwara on fire and to kill the Sikhs…Five to six policemen were also with the crowd. On incitement by Jagdish Tytler, they attacked the gurdwara and set it on fire.”

And while Delhi burnt on those first few days of November 1984, Rajiv Gandhi and his ministers, sat on their bums watching the whole show unfold. Senior leaders approached the government to call out the army on the streets. But nothing happened. As Singh writes “But the new Prime Minister did nothing. Not even when senior political leaders like Chandrashekar and (Mahatma) Gandhiji’s grandson, Rajmohan Gandhi, went to the home minister(P V Narsimha Rao) personally to urge him to call out the army for help was anything done in those first three days of November to stop the violence.”

This is something that Guha also writes in India After Gandhi. “There is a large cantonment in Delhi itself, and several infantry divisions within a radius of fifty miles of the capital. The army was put on standby, despite repeated appeals to the prime minister and his home minster PV Narsimha Rao, they were not asked to move into action. A show of military strength in the city on the 1st and 2nd would have quelled the riots — yet the order never came.” Doordarshan, the only television channel in the country at that point of time, added fuel to fire by constantly showing crowds baying for the blood of the Sikhs.

A few week’s later in a public speech Rajiv Gandhi justified the pogrom (basically an organised massacre of a particular ethnic group) against Sikhs when he said “When a big tree falls, the earth trembles!”. Years later Sher Singh Sher, a Chandigarh based Sikh made the quip “Were there only Sikhs sitting under that tree?” Gandhi in several speeches in the months to come even alleged that the same extremist elements who had killed his mother had also engineered the riots.

Rajiv Gandhi like his mother was assassinated seven years later in 1991. Since then the Congress party has moved on and is now in the hands of his widow Sonia and their son Rahul. In December 2007, Sonia Gandhi, called Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat maut ka saudagar.

The irony behind Sonia’s statement was that the Congress party had many maut ke saudagars who had gone unpunished for instigating the riots of 1984. It was a situation of the pot calling the kettle black. But that doesn’t mean that nothing happened in Gujarat.

Sonia’s statement was made in the context of the riots that happened in Gujarat in 2002, where more than 2000 Muslims were killed. The riots happened after bogey number S6 of the Sabarmati Express caught fire on February 27,2002, on the outskirts of the Godhra railway station. Fifty eight people died in the fire. The bogey had kar sevaks returning from a yagna in Ayodhya.

As Guha points out “On their way back home by train , these kar sevaks got into a fight with Muslim vendors at the Godhra railway station…Words of the altercation spread; young men from the Muslim neighbourhood outside the station joined in. The kar sevaks clambered back into the train, which started moving as stones were being thrown. However, the train stopped on the outskirts of the station, when a fire broke out in one of its coaches. Fifty eight people perished in the conflagration…Word that a group of kar sevaks had been burnt to death at Godhra quickly spread through Gujarat. A wave of retributory violence followed.”

In fact the behaviour of Modi in the aftermath of the Gujarat riots was very similar to that of Rajiv Gandhi. He justified the violence, like Rajiv Gandhi had, as a spontaneous reaction. He said that the burning of the railway coach at Godhra had led to a ‘chain of action and reaction’.

The original statement of Modi was in Hindi and was made to during the course of an interview to Zee News as noted by Nilanjan Mukhopadhyay in his book Narendra Modi — The Man, The Times:

Kriya pratikriya ki chain chal rahi hai. Hum chahte hain ki na kriya ho aur na pratikriya…Godhra main jo parson hua, jahan par chalees mahilaon aur bacchon ko zinda jala diya, issey desh main aur videsh main sadma pahunchna swabhavik tha. Godhra ke is ilake ke logon ki criminal tendencies rahi hain. In logon ne pehle mahila tachers ka khoon kiya. Aur ab yeh jaghanya apraadh kiya hai jiski pratikriya ho rahi hai. (A chain of action and reaction is being witnessed now. Day before yesterday in Godhra, the incident in which forty women and children were burnt alive had to naturally evoke a shocking response in the country and abroad. The people in this locality of Godhra have had criminal tendencies. They first killed the women teachers and now this horrifying crime the reaction to which is being witnessed.)

Guha finds man similarities between the two pogroms, the one against the Sikhs of Delhi in 1984, and the one against the Muslims of Gujarat in 2002. Both the cases started with stray acts of violence for which a generalised revenge was taken. “The Sikhs who were butchered were in no way connected to the Sikhs who killed Mrs Gandhi. The Muslims who were killed by the Hindu mobs were completely innocent of the Godhra crime,” writes Guha.

In both the cases there was a clear breakdown of law and order. More than that graceless statements justifying the riots, were made, one by a serving Prime Minister and another by a serving Chief Minister. And in both the cases, serving ministers, aided the rioters.

But its the final similarity between the two different sets of events that is the most telling, feels Guha. “Both parties, and leaders, reaped electoral rewards from the violence that they had legitimised and overseen. Rajiv Gandhi’s party won the 1984 general election by a large margin, and in December 2002, Narendra Modi was re-elected as the chief minister of Gujarat after his party won a two-thirds majority in the assembly polls,” Guha points out. Modi, the first RSS pracharak to become a chief minister, has won two more polls since then.

To conclude, if justice had been quickly delivered in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots and the Congress leaders who instigated the violence had been jailed, chances are the 1993 Mumbai riots and 2002 Gujarat riots would never have happened. And if they had, they would have happened on a much smaller scale. The original maut ke saudagars of 1984 set the tone for much of what followed.

1984 riots: The original ‘maut ke saudagars’ set the tone for future | Firstpost

17. hit&run

Jagdish Titler is congress-I's riot specialist. The same goon was accused of instigating riots somewhere else recently .

The way he was bulling (telling Jasbir Singh from California that he will be caught by police if he arrives in India),laughing, clapping I bet my qualification in psychology and my experience in psychiatry that he was lying when drilled by Arnab Goswami on Times now. I hope judges do the same drills in courts in India; they do in USA and Australia I know for sure to catch the thug.

18. hit&run

Jagdish Tytler booked for Odisha violence

Singh likes this.
  19. Ray

@Daredevil,

I am not too sure about the case. I was only commenting on the TV debates.

I would not be surprised if there is more than what meets the eye!

It is very possible that the ruling Party can manipulate facts since everything is under their control.

Where I tend to believe you and your links is that the Congress has not gone hammer and tongs to defend Tytler as it normally does for any Tom, Dick and Harry sporting the Gandhi cap!

I have no love lost for Tytler or anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  20. hit&run

Ok I got it, the case is opened to clam Sikhs foreseeing rejection of Bhullar's appeal.

Are courts complicit and working on a script ?

21. Daredevil

TV debates are no substitute for Courts where through examination of the evidence is done. The Congress is actively conniving to make sure Tytler is not charged sheeted because that will cause the losing of Sikh votes in Punjab and Delhi. All committees constituted by Congress before Nanavati Committee (constituted by NDA) have given a clean shit and white washed evidence against Tytler. The CBI has actively helped Jagdish Tytler by not recording key witnesses statements or disregarding them even before brining it before court only gives credence to the fact that Jagdish Tytler was actively involved.

Congress is not defending Tytler openly because no body can defend a person who led a mob to kill Sikhs. But they given key positions in Party and Ministry before Nanavati Committee report came out.

If Tytler wants to clear up his name why not let the case go to the trial where wheat can be separated form chaff by the Justice system and get his name cleared.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Singh likes this.