Role of Army in case RWE won 2/3 majority

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Well an assumption here but what if say an RWE party won 2/3rd majority in the parliament and moves to amend constitution which moves away from being secular and makes minorities subservient or even implicitly calls for expulsion or even genocide of minorities, what would the Indian Army do?

I mean totally hypothetical scenario. But will the Army break it's commitment to civilian leadership and overrule any such thing and restore the earlier constitution?

3. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

If the constitution is amended then the Army will have to obey the RWE party.

A chauhan, maomao and hit&run like this.
  4. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I would support the Army to shoot twats even desiring to change the Constitution. And for those macho pussies, castrate them and make an example of them. No way am I gonna let the Constitution be tweaked to suit Right Wing Terrorists.

5. Oracle

Oracle New Member

The Army is apolitical since the Constitution is Secular. If that is tweaked with, Army has every right to kill those mischief mongers.

6. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Don't worry that will not happen.

If it does, hypothetically speaking - only hypothetically mind you - the Army will remain subservient to the GoI. The Army has remained so at all times, and that's what will happen.

7. Oracle

Oracle New Member

You're right. But I would like to see an active role the Army plays in retsoring law and order for the minorities.

8. Singh

RWE is typically supported by upper caste educated hindus, I wonder what role would sc, st, obc hindus, atheist hindus, secular hindus and obviously minorities do esp those folks in the army ?

Army's character is changing from being a Northern (Punjab) dominated force to a UP-Bihar dominated force, so that would be a valid point too.

And obviously there will be large scale violence against minorities, so how will the army play that up ?

9. Singh

Constitution can be amended, so the Army will follow the amended constitution.

10. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

I don't think RWE party can win even 5% seats i.e. 27 seats.

Not to forget, two-third MP's are needed in Rajya Sabha also. Even if any so called RWE wins any particular state (one of the 15 big states), Still It would be maximum 3%-5% that also in 6 years. (As election are conduced after every 2 years).

Now if in case (hypothetical scenario), Let's change into this way, What if Half of India (600+ million) turns Anti-Muslim?? Then even government can't do anything. There will be massive civil war or communal riot across the country. Majority of Hindus are tolerant and secular. Therefore, It's almost impossible. Remember, RWE party can win Two-third seats only when majority of Indian supports their ideology and policy which is highly highly unlikely in 21st century and even beyond.

In short, If they win then majority of Indians support it. Why to blame government when majority of India voted despite knowing their vision?

My personal opinion!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  11. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I agree forum is not a benchmark for deciding policies, but lower castes are found to be zealots in here. Atleast some.

Since IA is neutral, I believe someone would stand up to stop the atrocities on the minorities and restore democracy as we now today.

12. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

^^You mean to say sectarian violence among different castes?

13. arkem8

arkem8 Regular Member

Civil war..

14. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Yeah, possible. But since the IA has been neutral since the time of their formation, the optimist in me considers that IA would indulge in, and more possible take the RWE to book.

15. Oracle

Oracle New Member

No. Amongst different religions.

16. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Are you??????

17. Singh

I have been led to believe by some of the more vociferous members here that secularism and multi-culturalism has failed in India, then wouldn't the grieving majority want to lash out minorities if a rwe party comes to power ? hat'll be a golden opportunity to vent feelings with state sanction.

18. Oracle

Oracle New Member

WTH are you talking about? I am from the majority. I would do all in my capability to neutralize those RHE twats.

And, if you do not know let me educate you. Sikhs have bled the most for India, pre and post Independence. And have been the target of numerous idiotic jokes and ridicules, from the Hindus. Fact.

19. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Hindu RWE are less than 1%. :rolleyes:

99% Hindus are secular :)

Why to worry about 1% ? Isn't this paranoia? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Mad Indian likes this.
  20. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Unlike Turkey or some Arab states like Egypt where the Army was seen as the upholder of secularism -- I think Turkey has a constitutional clause to that effect -- there are no such clauses in Indian constitution. So in the unlikely scenario of a saffron terror party coming to power and doing a Nazi on the Muslims and xtians, the Army is bound to remain in the barracks and not interfere.

If there is sufficient numbers in LS and RS the party in power is constitutionally empowered to bring in the amendment it wants , though if I am not mistaken there are certain things you cant change about the Indian constitution, even if you have adequate numbers.Not sure if secularism is one among those given that the word 'secular' itself was inserted only in the 70s and did not figure in the original constitution.

Moreover in a layman scenario - greater than 90% of Army is Hindu/Sikh..why would they be bothered about removing 'secularism' ?

maomao likes this.
  21. Singh

I am shocked at this post, I have quoted this post for posterity because this particular post contradicts all your previous posts.

You and some others have hypothezied that there is a rising hindu far right wing, and that secularism has failed. Muslim appeasement has made the Hindus tolerant etc. So there is clearly a lot of support.

Oracle likes this.