Rohingya refugee crisis

Vijyes

That's why I doubt government's announcement of deporting Rohingyas, when they can't even separate them from Bangladeshis.
Bangladeshi and Rohingya are both illegal immigrants. Both are to be deported.

Willy2

That's why I doubt government's announcement of deporting Rohingyas, when they can't even separate them from Bangladeshis.
Bangladesh is't only chittagong .
Rongpur , moimonshing , khulna, josohar, from these region plenty of illegal arrive , we can recognize them , any one can...except govt ( and we know why )

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don’t think deportation will start until the fence construction is completed.

There is no point in deporting them when they can easily comeback.

Look at US, there are illegal migrants who have been deported multiple times and yet they come back.

vinuzap

the only time India used air attack on its citizen was in 60s in north east because it faced war in 62 and 65 and in grab of infiltration policy was started to separate India from north east by ISi

Rohingya are threat to security to india

sorcerer

Country flag
Govt. orders forces to use chilli sprays, stun grenades to stop Rohingya's from entering India

India has stepped up security along its largely porous eastern border with Bangladesh and is using "chilli and stun grenades" to block the entry of Rohingya Muslims fleeing from violence in their homeland of Myanmar, officials said on Friday.

Border forces in India, which wants to deport around 40,000 Rohingya already living in the country, citing security risks, have been authorised to use "rude and crude" methods to stop any infiltration attempts.

"We don't want to cause any serious injury or arrest them, but we won't tolerate Rohingya on Indian soil," said a senior official with the Border Security Force (BSF) in New Delhi.

"We're using grenades containing chilli spray to stop hundreds of Rohingyas trying to enter India ... the situation is tense," added the official, who declined to be identified as he was not authorised to speak to media.

More than 420,000 Rohingya have fled to Bangladesh since Aug. 25, when a coordinated attack by Rohingya insurgents on Myanmar security forces triggered a counteroffensive, killing at least 400 people, mainly militants. The United Nations has called the assault a "textbook example of ethnic cleansing".

Densely populated Bangladesh is struggling to shelter all the refugees desperate for space to set up shacks, sparking worries in India that the influx could spill into its territory.

R.P.S. Jaswal, a deputy inspector general of the BSF patrolling a large part of the border in India's eastern state of West Bengal, said his troops were told to use both chilli grenades and stun grenades to push back the Rohingya.

A chilli grenade makes use of a naturally-occurring compound in chilli powder to cause severe irritation and temporarily immobilise its target.

Seeking to get legal clearance for the deportation plan, the home ministry told the Supreme Court this week it would confidentially provide it with intelligence information showing Rohingya links with Pakistan-based militants.

Most of the peace-loving refugees had no link to criminal activity, two Rohingya men protesting against the deportation move told India's top court on Friday.

An official of India's federal investigations agency said it was seeking help from Muslim religious leaders to step up surveillance of the Rohingya.

Police have arrested a suspected al Qaeda member they believe was trying to recruit Rohingya in the country to fight security forces in Myanmar. More than 270 Rohingya have been in Indian jails since 2014.

"Our investigations have revealed that Al Qaeda wants to use India and Bangladesh as their base to start a religious war against Myanmar," said New Delhi police official Pramod Singh Khuswah. "Clearly they are a threat to our security."

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The REAL face of Muslim Terrorist Rohingyas... they cant live in peace where they lived for decades and how can they live in peace elsewhere. :dude: :tsk:

Mass grave of 28 Hindus killed by Rohingya militants found: Myanmar Army
WORLD Updated: Sep 24, 2017 22:44 IST
Agence France-Presse. Yangon

Rohingya refugees walk to a refugee camp in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, September 24, 2017. (REUTERS Photo)
Myanmar’s army said on Sunday that a mass grave of 28 Hindus had been discovered in violence- wracked Rakhine state, blaming the killings on Muslim Rohingya militants.

The announcement could not be independently verified in a region that has been seized by communal violence since Rohingya militant raids on August 25 triggered a sweeping security crackdown.

“Security members found and dug up 28 dead bodies of Hindus who were cruelly violently and killed by ARSA extremist Bengali terrorists in Rakhine State,” a statement posted on the army chief’s website said.

The Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA) is the group whose attacks on police posts triggered an army backlash so brutal that the UN believes it amounts to ethnic cleansing of the Muslim minority.

More than 430,000 Rohingya have fled the region to Bangladesh in under a month.

Some 30,000 Hindus and Buddhists based in the area have also been displaced, with some saying were terrorised by Rohingya militants.

Read more
The army said that security officers found 20 dead women and eight men in the graves, including six boys under the age of ten.Myanmar government spokesman Zaw Htay confirmed the discovery of the 28 bodies on Sunday.

A senior police officer in northern Rakhine told AFP they had been “buried with 10-15 bodies in each hole.”The village where the army chief said the bodies were found, Ye Baw Kya, is near a cluster of Hindu and Muslim communities in northern Rakhine called Kha Maung Seik.

Hindus from the area have told AFP that militants swept into their villages on August 25, attacking people who stood in their way, killing many and taking others away into the forest.

parijataka

Country flag
Myanmar’s Jihadi Curse
Sep 27, 2017 BRAHMA CHELLANEY

It is vital that Myanmar's military immediately halt human-rights abuses of Rohingya in Rakhine State. But it is also vital for the international community to reject the prevailing depiction of the current crisis, which fails to recognize the long history of violent extremism among Rohingya militants.

Myanmar’s military has lately been engaged in a brutal campaign against the Rohingya, a long-marginalized Muslim ethnic minority group, driving hundreds of thousands to flee to Bangladesh, India, and elsewhere. The international community has rightly condemned the crackdown. But, in doing so, it has failed to recognize that Rohingya militants have been waging jihad in the country – a reality that makes it extremely difficult to break the cycle of terror and violence.
View attachment upload_2017-9-27_9-45-5.gif
Rakhine State, where most of Myanmar’s Rohingya reside, is attracting jihadists from far and wide. Local militants are suspected of having ties with the Islamic State (ISIS), al-Qaeda, and other terrorist organizations. Moreover, they increasingly receive aid from militant-linked organizations in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. The main insurgent group – the well-oiled Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army, also known as Harakah al-Yaqin – is led by a Saudi-based committee of Rohingya émigrés.
The external forces fomenting insurgent attacks in Rakhine bear considerable responsibility for the Rohingyas’ current plight. In fact, it is the links between Rohingya militants and such external forces, especially terrorist organizations like ISIS, that have driven the government of India, where some 40,000 Rohingya have settled illegally, to declare that their entry poses a serious security threat. Even Bangladesh acknowledges Rohingya militants’ external jihadi connections.
But the truth is that Myanmar’s jihadi scourge is decades old, a legacy of British colonialism. After all, it was the British who, more than a century ago, moved large numbers of Rohingya from East Bengal to work on rubber and tea plantations in then-Burma, which was administered as a province of India until 1937.
In the years before India gained independence from Britain in 1947, Rohingya militants joined the campaign to establish Pakistan as the first Islamic republic of the postcolonial era. When the British, who elevated the strategy of “divide and rule” into an art, decided to establish two separate wings of Pakistan on either side of a partitioned India, the Rohingya began attempting to drive Buddhists out of the Muslim-dominated Mayu peninsula in northern Rakhine. They wanted the Mayu peninsula to secede and be annexed by East Pakistan (which became Bangladesh in 1971).
Failure to achieve that goal led many Rohingya to take up arms in a self-declared jihad. Local mujahedeenbegan to organize attacks on government troops and seize control of territory in northern Rakhine, establishing a state within a state. Just months after Myanmar gained independence in 1948, martial law was declared in the region; government forces regained territorial control in the early 1950s.
But Rohingya Islamist militancy continued to thrive, with mujahedeen attacks occurring intermittently. In 2012, bloody clashes broke out between the Rohingya and the ethnic Rakhines, who feared becoming a minority in their home state. The sectarian violence, in which rival gangs burned down villages and some 140,000 people (mostly Rohingya) were displaced, helped to transform the Rohingya militancy back into a full-blown insurgency, with rebels launching hit-and-run attacks on security forces.
Similar attacks have lately been carried out against security forces and, in some cases, non-Rohingya civilians, with the violence having escalated over the last 12 months. Indeed, it was a wave of coordinated predawn insurgent attacks on 30 police stations and an army base on August 25 that triggered the violent military offensive that is driving the Rohingya out of Rakhine.
Breaking the cycle of terror and violence that has plagued Myanmar for decades will require the country to address the deep-seated sectarian tensions that are driving Rohingya toward jihadism. Myanmar is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse countries. Its geographic position makes it a natural bridge between South and Southeast Asia, and between China and India.
But, internally, Myanmar has failed to build bridges among its various ethnic groups and cultures. Since independence, governments dominated by Myanmar’s Burman majority have allowed postcolonial nativism to breed conflict or civil war with many of the country’s minority groups, which have complained of a system of geographic apartheid.
The Rohingya face the most extreme marginalization. Viewed as outsiders even by other minorities, the Rohingya are not officially recognized as one of Myanmar’s 135 ethnic groups. In 1982, the government, concerned about illegal immigration from Bangladesh, enacted a law that stripped the Rohingya of their citizenship, leaving them stateless.
Successive governments have defended this approach, arguing that past secessionist movements indicate that the Rohingya never identified as part of the country. And, in fact, the common classification of Rohingya as stateless “Bengalis” mirrors the status of Rohingya exiles in the country of their dreams, Pakistan, where tens of thousands took refuge during the Pakistani military genocide that led to Bangladesh’s independence.
Still, the fact is that Myanmar’s failure to construct an inclusive national identity has allowed old ethnic rivalries to continue to fuel terrorism, stifling the resource-rich country’s potential. What Myanmar needs now is an equitable, federalist system that accommodates its many ethnic minorities, who comprise roughly a third of the population, but cover half of the total land area.
To this end, it is critical that Myanmar’s military immediately halt human-rights abuses in Rakhine. It will be impossible to ease tensions if soldiers are using disproportionate force, much less targeting civilians; indeed, such an approach is more likely to fuel than quell violent jihadism. But as the international community pressures Myanmar’s de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi to take stronger action to protect the Rohingya, it is also vital to address the long history of Islamist extremism that has contributed to the ethnic group’s current plight.

Attachments

parijataka

Country flag
Exclusive: Forced to remove sindoor, read namaz: Horror engulfs Hindu Rohingya women in camps

In an exclusive chat with India Today, many Hindu Rohingya women revealed that they were harassed, forced to remove sindoor, break bangles among other things in Bangladesh relief camps.

Hindu Rohingyas living in Bangladesh relief camps have purportedly become a soft target for Muslim Rohingyas in the country. Both have taken shelter after coming from Myanmar but the difference is in the numbers, and that is the key.

Hindu Rohingya women say they were forced to remove sindoor, break bangles and even tie the Puja calls herself Rabia now- the change happened this month. She is a Hindu Rohingya who left Myanmar in hope of a refuge.

But circumstances turned her life upside down. Puja, now Rabia, lost her husband to violence in the last week of August in Myanmar. She says he was not killed by the Army but by men clad in black with their faces hidden, who were abusing in the name of religion. Theoman says her husband and entire family were shot in front of her but she was left alive to live as a captive.

"They took us to the forest and said I would have to read namaz or they would release me... My sindoor was removed and my religious shakha pola bangles broken. I was told I would be allowed to live only if I changed my religion. I was made to wear burqa and stay with them to learn their traditions for almost three weeks. I was made to read namaz... I had to say Allah, but my heart was beating for Bhagwan... My co-dwellers started searching for me and came to know that I was living in a Muslim camp."

The red saree is the only one she has now and her three-year-old son has no clothes at all. This reporter met many more such women in the Hindu Rohingya camp in Kotupalong area of Cox's Bazar district of Bangladesh.

If Puja became Rabia, Rica was being turned into Sadia. Twenty-eight-year-old Rica Dhar adjusted her orange saree to feed her year-old son as she narrated a similar tragic tale.

"On Friday (August 25) they entered all the Hindu residences and attacked. First the mobile phones were taken away and then men were tied and beaten brutally. My husband worked as a goldsmith. They took away all my jewellery and began beating me. All Hindus were identified and taken to a nearby hill. They were then killed in a row. Only eight women were allowed to stay among them mostly young and beautiful. They were told 'You will have to turn Muslim and marry us' We had no option but to surrender and go with them... We were taken to the forest and left without food to weaken us mentally also. Then we were brought to a camp in Bangladesh... Once my Hindu relatives heard about it they brought me to this place."

Both Rica and Puja say there were six more women besides them who shared their fate. After they could not be traced anywhere in Myanmar or Bangladesh, they were identified at the Kotupalong Rohingya camp where they were kept under close watch by those who were allegedly executing this forcible conversion.

The government officials were clueless about what was going on till India Today Group brought this to their notice. "We do not have any such information," said Md. Ali Hossain, Deputy Commissioner of Cox's Bazar. "If it has occurred, we will take necessary action." Men hailing from the same Rakhine state went out in search of these women and allegedly faced torture themselves.

Vijay Ram Pal says he was assaulted during his quest. "We are victims of Burma army and now we are being tortured here also. Eight women who were here from Myanmar they were forcibly taken to another camp and were asked to convert to Islam. Thankfully, a person here in the camp came to know about this saved them," he said.

Puja alias Rabia can now breathe easy. "I am back in the Hindu camp for the past three days after being rescued by my some women," she says. Around five lakh Rohingyas have entered Bangladeshi territory and are scattered in different parts of this district.

Among them, a significant number is of Hindus. When this reporter apprised Bangladesh's information minister Hasanul Haq Inu about the situation, he promised action. "The news is very bad and astounding... we have taken all measures to put Rohingya Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Buddhist families in separate camps," he said. "We will be investigating this and we will be very tough."

Moroboshi

Exclusive: Forced to remove sindoor, read namaz: Horror engulfs Hindu Rohingya women in camps

In an exclusive chat with India Today, many Hindu Rohingya women revealed that they were harassed, forced to remove sindoor, break bangles among other things in Bangladesh relief camps.

Hindu Rohingyas living in Bangladesh relief camps have purportedly become a soft target for Muslim Rohingyas in the country. Both have taken shelter after coming from Myanmar but the difference is in the numbers, and that is the key.

Hindu Rohingya women say they were forced to remove sindoor, break bangles and even tie the Puja calls herself Rabia now- the change happened this month. She is a Hindu Rohingya who left Myanmar in hope of a refuge.

But circumstances turned her life upside down. Puja, now Rabia, lost her husband to violence in the last week of August in Myanmar. She says he was not killed by the Army but by men clad in black with their faces hidden, who were abusing in the name of religion. Theoman says her husband and entire family were shot in front of her but she was left alive to live as a captive.

"They took us to the forest and said I would have to read namaz or they would release me... My sindoor was removed and my religious shakha pola bangles broken. I was told I would be allowed to live only if I changed my religion. I was made to wear burqa and stay with them to learn their traditions for almost three weeks. I was made to read namaz... I had to say Allah, but my heart was beating for Bhagwan... My co-dwellers started searching for me and came to know that I was living in a Muslim camp."

The red saree is the only one she has now and her three-year-old son has no clothes at all. This reporter met many more such women in the Hindu Rohingya camp in Kotupalong area of Cox's Bazar district of Bangladesh.

If Puja became Rabia, Rica was being turned into Sadia. Twenty-eight-year-old Rica Dhar adjusted her orange saree to feed her year-old son as she narrated a similar tragic tale.

"On Friday (August 25) they entered all the Hindu residences and attacked. First the mobile phones were taken away and then men were tied and beaten brutally. My husband worked as a goldsmith. They took away all my jewellery and began beating me. All Hindus were identified and taken to a nearby hill. They were then killed in a row. Only eight women were allowed to stay among them mostly young and beautiful. They were told 'You will have to turn Muslim and marry us' We had no option but to surrender and go with them... We were taken to the forest and left without food to weaken us mentally also. Then we were brought to a camp in Bangladesh... Once my Hindu relatives heard about it they brought me to this place."

Both Rica and Puja say there were six more women besides them who shared their fate. After they could not be traced anywhere in Myanmar or Bangladesh, they were identified at the Kotupalong Rohingya camp where they were kept under close watch by those who were allegedly executing this forcible conversion.

The government officials were clueless about what was going on till India Today Group brought this to their notice. "We do not have any such information," said Md. Ali Hossain, Deputy Commissioner of Cox's Bazar. "If it has occurred, we will take necessary action." Men hailing from the same Rakhine state went out in search of these women and allegedly faced torture themselves.

Vijay Ram Pal says he was assaulted during his quest. "We are victims of Burma army and now we are being tortured here also. Eight women who were here from Myanmar they were forcibly taken to another camp and were asked to convert to Islam. Thankfully, a person here in the camp came to know about this saved them," he said.

Puja alias Rabia can now breathe easy. "I am back in the Hindu camp for the past three days after being rescued by my some women," she says. Around five lakh Rohingyas have entered Bangladeshi territory and are scattered in different parts of this district.

Among them, a significant number is of Hindus. When this reporter apprised Bangladesh's information minister Hasanul Haq Inu about the situation, he promised action. "The news is very bad and astounding... we have taken all measures to put Rohingya Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Buddhist families in separate camps," he said. "We will be investigating this and we will be very tough."

The only silver lining in this is that media houses are not hesitant to show the plight of Hindus. There was a time when they wouldn't touch anything that showed anti Hindu atrocities with a barge pole, especially when the culprits were muzzies. Still leaves a lot to be desired though...

dhananjay1

The only silver lining in this is that media houses are not hesitant to show the plight of Hindus. There was a time when they wouldn't touch anything that showed anti Hindu atrocities with a barge pole, especially when the culprits were muzzies. Still leaves a lot to be desired though...
The government managed to hide Jihad of 1971 almost entirely from the Indian population. Now they can't do it anymore.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles