Rock slows Sri Lanka port project

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sri Lanka's government says a huge rock on the seabed is delaying the completion of a massive Chinese-funded port at Hambantota in the south of the island.
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14418114 >

Though the title does not warrant a thread, the contents do. Shows what the Chinese are doing in SL.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This rock was the work of RAW, no doubt.
No it is not. It's work of nature. Apparently feasibility studies had showed it but the project went ahead none the less because the area is the one Rajapakse belongs to.

My point is about the Chinese knowing this and now charging a bomb to blast this. And also read about the thousands of Chinese workers on the port. This is why I keep saying the chinese are all over SL.
What is also baffling is why they don't provide jobs to sri lankans on such projects and get Chinese labor? I have the answer for it, and the same problem exists in Africa too. They use forced labor. All their labor except officer grade are pilitical and other prisoners. Work for free. This is why they are able to quote ridiculously low prices as well.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
No it is not. It's work of nature. Apparently feasibility studies had showed it but the project went ahead none the less because the area is the one Rajapakse belongs to.
Sarcasm | Define Sarcasm at Dictionary.com

My point is about the Chinese knowing this and now charging a bomb to blast this. And also read about the thousands of Chinese workers on the port. This is why I keep saying the chinese are all over SL.
What is also baffling is why they don't provide jobs to sri lankans on such projects and get Chinese labor? I have the answer for it, and the same problem exists in Africa too. They use forced labor. All their labor except officer grade are pilitical and other prisoners. Work for free. This is why they are able to quote ridiculously low prices as well.
I started to suspect forced labor after Chinese workers poured into Pakistan even after a spate of terrorist attacks, including some that were aimed at the very same Chinese workers. No sane person would volunteer to work in Pakistan, let alone in the thousands.

But do you have any links on this subject? We cannot make judgments based on speculations only.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sarcasm | Define Sarcasm at Dictionary.com

I starting to suspect forced labor after Chinese workers poured into Pakistan ever after a spate of terrorist attacks, including some that were aimed at the very same Chinese workers. No sane person would volunteer to work in Pakistan, let alone in the thousands.

But do you have any links on this subject? We cannot make judgments based on speculations only.
No link. It's an account given by a sri lankan to me pwrsonally. He is a customer who comes regularly to India. He is a trader and said we guys have no role, no business in all this development activities. All labor, material everything comes from china. We don't get any employment from it. It's the same story in Africa as well. The chinese quote 50% lesser than their nearest competitor.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles