Robert Vadra hops on, says can contest polls

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by KS, Feb 7, 2012.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Robert Vadra, the businessman son-in-law of Sonia Gandhi, today declared that he could enter politics if “people want”, a statement that his wife Priyanka attempted to downplay shortly afterward.

Vadra emerged unexpectedly into the election limelight, addressing meetings and flagging off two bike rallies on his own in Amethi. He has in the past generally been seen in the company of Priyanka or Rahul Gandhi, and has remained largely in the background.

Vadra told reporters in response to a question, “If people want, then I can come into politics”.

Asked about the possibility of Priyanka entering politics, Vadra said, “This is the time of Rahul Gandhi, after that the time of Priyanka Gandhi will come in the future, and also of other family members.”

Read more at : Robert Vadra hops on, says can contest polls - Indian Express

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its the time of Rahul, after that Priyanka and also other family members..:lol:

.How candid of this great guy !..If there is any bit of shame left in the congi supporters they would stop supporting this party from now on.

parijataka likes this.
  3. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Thanks but no thanks. Robert is another zardari, If he comes in power, India will be another Pakistan:sad::sad::sad:

Dovah and maomao like this.
  4. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

I predict a family feud, Vadra is flexing his muscles.

5. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

This could turn into a Rabri-Lalu stuff... if you cant win some election push your spouse and then remote control.
    Seems like the Raj-shahi days are not over since the Gand-hi parivaar is becoming desperate for keeping seat in the family.

maomao and amitkriit like this.
  6. amitkriit

I had been talking to a few journalists, they predict a downfall of Rahul Gandhi, people in Con-Gress are silently waiting for it. People of India aren't fools, or at least they cannot be fooled forever. Take Bihar for an example.

maomao and parijataka like this.
  7. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

What choice to do they have in UP?

8. amitkriit

Muslim vote block has been neuteralized after the Rushdie episode. Congress can no longer take their support for granted. Mayawati is down but not out, she still enjoys massive support from her traditional constituency. SP will gain, so will BJP, thanks to Uma Bharati. Thats the assessment. Congress will gain, but not by much.

9. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Rober Vadra - the name and fame of this intellectually low dubious character speaks volume of the rot in our system and other peripheries such as the media! Guys such as Antonia, Raul and Robert are the 'eye candy' of the - corrupt, media and lobbiests - due their inherent traits such as being - low on intellect (coupled with low inquisitivity), oblivious to the realities of the country, concentrating on easy money through kickbacks from every govt. deals (satisfied with decent commissions as total sum collect is huge due to high turnover and volumes), spineless and cheap to the core, and mafia mentality due to Italian connection and having extended Italian family members and friends involved in looting this poverty stricken country of fools who vote them in!

10. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

Depending on the anti-incumbency, I suppose SP and Congress together will form the next government or BSP and BJP. It would be a hung assembly for sure.

11. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Iam hearing SP-130-140 seats and Congress-Rld combine will get 80-100 seats but how is this true?

12. amitkriit

Both Maya and Mulayam need Con-Gress to keep the CBI away.

13. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The sheer arrogance of this man, if people want I will enter politics. First of all let us add up the people who want him to enter politics. Thanks and no thanks it is better that you rake in crores due to being the son in law of the Gandi family.

maomao likes this.
  14. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Rahul Gandhi had announced in his press conference yesterday or day before that Congress will not have post poll alliance with any party. That would prevent any alliance with SP, pre-poll of course they're having alliance with RLD.

15. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Vadra's family is dead. He is a serial philanderer. He is nothing without Gandhis.

16. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Paaji do you remember Feroze Gandhi husband of Indhira Gandhi

17. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The way I see depending on the 2014 elections there could be a Palace coup. RG will be replaced by PV and RV the force behind the throne.

18. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

He is trying to make his place in the Congress party. I would like to request all Indians who truly love their JANAM BHUMI not to let this happen. In the next general election the Congress should be handed over a defeat that they have not experienced to this day.

19. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The biggest problem will be for the leaders in Congress who have not yet factored in the Robert Vadra factor. In the coming days we can expect some 2nd rung leaders coming out in support of Robert, to test which way the wind is blowing. If there is no reaction from Madam G then expect more support for the son in law.

they are looking at the skies waiting for a divine celestial signal to emanate from 10 Janpath.

20. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Vadra's MC rally remind me of the CPM supporters and their MC rallies.

And did look the part!

I saw a close up TV shot of Prinki Gandhi. It was not that good looking as the distance shots.

She looks good from far!

But then, can't say she is far from good or further she goes, the better!

I can't stand Rahool G's plebeian homilies and village idiot image and junk.

Priniki is where I put my money on!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  21. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Please merge this with the older Vadra thread. Its getting hard to track the issue.