Road trouble in China

huaxia rox

and back to the topic.....the problems of accidents mentioned were due to different reasons but in a nutshell chinese ourselves need to learn something from these lessons and understand the bottom line here is maybe not all these can be avoided but majority must have been....

satish007

Funny, china road troubles attracts som many attentions.
Chinese forumers please keep posting road/ground trouble as many as you can and we will bring more happy to indian forumers and destrory this defence forum.
China have many serious trouble, i am very glad to see so many forumers foucus on roads.
btw, indian should let more chinese build the subway, because we good at patch road troubles Practises make perfect.

satish007

try to save this forum by trolling in this thead
chinese road is in real trouble.

Last edited:

satish007

got to hurry up to save our chinese roads

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Even cars and trucks can cause the collapse. So china has to be careful with what kind of vehicles it want to allow on its roads. Only bikes and bicycles?.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Even cars and trucks can cause the collapse. So china has to be careful with what kind of vehicles it want to allow on its roads. Only bikes and bicycles?.]
Even tiny little girls! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

huaxia rox

why would country fool its citizen ?
and amazingly you didnt think its a photoshop job??

but anyway thats for national day parade in 2009.....vehicles thought important were covered in this weird style or transported by heavy trucks.....polices cars acommpanied.....

satish007

and amazingly you didnt think its a photoshop job??

but anyway thats for national day parade in 2009.....vehicles thought important were covered in this weird style or transported by heavy trucks.....polices cars acommpanied.....
sigh, it is not easy for me to drag you guys back to military topic.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Seems I can't cheat you. You are an expert, huh? Well, let me explain the turth about the road collapse in Guangzhou. The place where the road collapse is on an alluvian plain. The plain did not emerge before Tang dynasty( around 600-900AC). The geological composition beneath the roadbed is basically sand. The government of Guangzhou, in order not to bother the citizens, chosed subsurface excavation method. The sand under the roadbed started to flow. This caused the calamity to happen. Well, this is what my friends who is working on the metro has told me.

Honestly I have to say that the roads in your country is much worse than those in China.Maybe you should watch the documentary of Anita Rani and Justin Rowlatt's two very differnet car journeys in China and India, made by BBC. The documentaries are called China On Four Wheels and India On Four Wheels respectively. Rani believed that Chinese roads' quality are comparable to those of first world nations. LOL

You know that BBC seldom says anything good about China. Haha!
I am not an expert.

Just common sense.

Can't believe that heavy traffic along can cause cave ins!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Guangzhou metro cave-in sinks again as some 1,200 are evacuated

Onlookers surround a construction site of metro Line 6 in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province as crews fill in a sinkhole that appeared on Monday.

Some 1,200 residents have been evacuated from near a nine-meter-deep sinkhole in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, which subsided again after workers finished filling in the hole that appeared on Monday, according to the China Central Television (CCTV).

The subsidence occurred at an intersection of Kangwang Road in Liwan district, where the city's No 6 metro line is under construction. Two buildings containing six shops were swallowed by the hole.

A government worker surnamed Zhou of Liwan district confirmed to the Global Times that the ground subsided again Tuesday afternoon. Zhan Long, a Gaungzhou-based geologist said the cause of the subsidence may be geological conditions and the subway construction. "The buildings were over 100 years old and any underground construction can lead to a drop in the water table, which can cause subsidence.

Guangzhou Metro Corporation said on its official Weibo that its workers first discovered the land subsiding at the project site and helped evacuate residents.

Zhou confirmed that no one was hurt when the buildings collapsed into the hole.

A public affairs officer with Guangzhou Metro surnamed Ye told the Global Times Tuesday, he could not answer questions about possible compensation to local residents affected by the apparent cave-in.

The city government could not be reached Tuesday afternoon.

The Guangzhou government's emergency response team set up a headquarters at the site, evacuating nearby residents and preparing for possible further collapses, the Xinhua News Agency reported on Tuesday.

Guangzhou Metro said they will fully cooperate with the investigation, according to updates on the company's Weibo Tuesday evening.

By Tuesday evening 1,200 people from 412 households and 103 shops had been evacuated within a 50-meter parameter of the cave-in.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/759043.shtml

A report from the CCP mouthpiece in English.

Chinese ground is collapsing underneath there feet it appears. Too many are happening.

I presume it is because China is in too much of a hurry to boost construction,. without applying their mind or surveying before constructing, so that statistically the look having done wonders in construction as also it boosts the GDP that is so essential for a feel good feeling of the Chinese, whose staple excitement comes through age old fascination over statistics.

KevWang

Guangzhou metro cave-in sinks again as some 1,200 are evacuated

Onlookers surround a construction site of metro Line 6 in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province as crews fill in a sinkhole that appeared on Monday.

Some 1,200 residents have been evacuated from near a nine-meter-deep sinkhole in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, which subsided again after workers finished filling in the hole that appeared on Monday, according to the China Central Television (CCTV).

The subsidence occurred at an intersection of Kangwang Road in Liwan district, where the city's No 6 metro line is under construction. Two buildings containing six shops were swallowed by the hole.

A government worker surnamed Zhou of Liwan district confirmed to the Global Times that the ground subsided again Tuesday afternoon. Zhan Long, a Gaungzhou-based geologist said the cause of the subsidence may be geological conditions and the subway construction. "The buildings were over 100 years old and any underground construction can lead to a drop in the water table, which can cause subsidence.

Guangzhou Metro Corporation said on its official Weibo that its workers first discovered the land subsiding at the project site and helped evacuate residents.

Zhou confirmed that no one was hurt when the buildings collapsed into the hole.

A public affairs officer with Guangzhou Metro surnamed Ye told the Global Times Tuesday, he could not answer questions about possible compensation to local residents affected by the apparent cave-in.

The city government could not be reached Tuesday afternoon.

The Guangzhou government's emergency response team set up a headquarters at the site, evacuating nearby residents and preparing for possible further collapses, the Xinhua News Agency reported on Tuesday.

Guangzhou Metro said they will fully cooperate with the investigation, according to updates on the company's Weibo Tuesday evening.

By Tuesday evening 1,200 people from 412 households and 103 shops had been evacuated within a 50-meter parameter of the cave-in.

Guangzhou metro cave-in sinks again as some 1,200 are evacuated - Globaltimes.cn

A report from the CCP mouthpiece in English.

Chinese ground is collapsing underneath there feet it appears. Too many are happening.

I presume it is because China is in too much of a hurry to boost construction,. without applying their mind or surveying before constructing, so that statistically the look having done wonders in construction as also it boosts the GDP that is so essential for a feel good feeling of the Chinese, whose staple excitement comes through age old fascination over statistics.
I agree with you on the need of rapid road construction. But we do survey and do soil testing. In fact, we have to build roads where geological features are unfavorable for such construction, like the KARST landscape in southern and south-western China, frozen land on Tibetan Plateau and Loess Plateau in north-western China. People there need roads to survive.
We have our own bitterness, despite quality problem and things about statistics. In fact road quality in China is not so bad as those mentioned by the media. If the road is terrible, the car number in China would not have surpassed 1 billion. We are now more dependent to roads than ever.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I agree that roads in the mountains, especially young mountains as the Himalayas can experience landslildes and sinking.

But it should not happen in cities in the plains or hills that are not young.

The number of cars in China is more of a social status of the noveau riche.

Given the excellent public transport (as indicated by the Chinese posters here), I find no reason why one should use a car and cause traffic snarls.

I travel by the underground when I want to go to the city centre since that is more convenient than manoeuvring though traffic in my car.

I only wish we had an underground system like London or Singapore.

I would have sold my car then!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles