Road trouble in China

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thank you for taking all asians as chinese, we are marching towards this goal.haha .
Thank for trying to deflect being totally exposed for fraudulent joyous tidings from China.

Happy New Year!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Quality accusation coming from an Indian, best joke of the year..heheh...
As above.

Indeed, quality is more important the quantity and largest, widest and the best in crashes! ;)

satish007

So what,every country has its problem,india need to figure out dick solution,CCP sucks,india china gay gay

hantangsongming

okay, noted. thanks for Indian Friends' reminding, we will take notice for it.
China is still a developping country, China is far from perfection comparing with Europe,USA and Japan.
we need to accept some criticisms even sometimes they're hostile, it's good for us and we need to think it over.
that's the way we can make the progress, perfect ourselves, and we needn't care such criticisms too much if we are strong enough!

ice berg

As above.

Indeed, quality is more important the quantity and largest, widest and the best in crashes! ;)
I see biased mods deleted my post again.

You can delete my post, but you can not hide the truth. After all how can you talk about road quality without a benchmark or compare with other developing nations?

The United States, Chile and Canada have the highest quality of roads scores. China is in the top half, but India and the Philippines are below the average. Several Eastern European countries including Romania, Poland, Ukraine and Bulgaria rank at the bottom.

India, which ranks in the lower half, provides a practical example. Commutes, even in the relatively smaller cities such as Bangalore, are often 1.5 to 2 hours each way for employees. An employee's willingness to put in extra hours is severely impacted. In addition, many companies are forced to pay for employee transportation and operate fleets of buses or cars to help employees get back and forth to work.

Infrastructure: Quality of roads | SourcingLine

Everytime you censor me, shows how afraid you are of the truth. taunt:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You can delete my post, but you can not hide the truth. After all how can you talk about road quality without a benchmark or compare with other developing nations?

The United States, Chile and Canada have the highest quality of roads scores. China is in the top half, but India and the Philippines are below the average. Several Eastern European countries including Romania, Poland, Ukraine and Bulgaria rank at the bottom.

India, which ranks in the lower half, provides a practical example. Commutes, even in the relatively smaller cities such as Bangalore, are often 1.5 to 2 hours each way for employees. An employee's willingness to put in extra hours is severely impacted. In addition, many companies are forced to pay for employee transportation and operate fleets of buses or cars to help employees get back and forth to work.

I understand your difficulty in reading English.or maybe your eyes requires urgent check up.

The post has been deleted by DAREDEVIL.

The letters surely does not read RAY.

It does not matter where China perches herself, but still it appears to be all show and whole lot of shoddy workmanship.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

I deleted your post for simple reason that it is off-topic. If you want to discuss Indian roads open a thread and discuss it there. Don't use Indian roads as an excuse to divert this thread. So, again stick to roads in china.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
I deleted your post for simple reason that it is off-topic. If you want to discuss Indian roads open a thread and discuss it there. Don't use Indian roads as an excuse to divert this thread. So, again stick to roads in china.
Well, he is just wondering what qualifies Indian members to question on Chinese road construction qualities.
bad quality roads were built everywhere, including developed countries, China's highway construction is not as bad as these posters depicted, rather it is amongst the top quality list of the world.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Well, he is just wondering what qualifies Indian members to question on Chinese road construction qualities.
bad quality roads were built everywhere, including developed countries, China's highway construction is not as bad as these posters depicted, rather it is amongst the top quality list of the world.
Everyone qualifies to ask any question. But it has to be done in relevant threads.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He was wondering about what.

Picture tell many tales.

As far as the construction is concerned, please see the pictures and the dates.

The collapse of the bridges were successive.

Surely, bridges don't collapse so rapidly in succession, more so since you claim that China is top notch in construction!

Indicate in which country bridges have been collapsing every year and sometime more in the year!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
it shows how little you know about China, this road has always been there and it has nothing to do with the construction quality, a 50 years old public air shelter collapsed beneath it. Taiyuan sits on Huangtu (loess) Plateau, a perfect geographic location for digging up deep caves, during the standing off with Soviets in the 1960s and 1970s, Taiyuan dug miles of miles this kind of shelter to fence off soviet air raid, some of the tunnels dug out in such a hurry, that within months, several hundred kilometers were combat ready. by the way,Taiyuan is a heavy industrial hub with many defense industries, it is on the top list of Soviet nuclear strike. Now, after 50 years, some of the old tunnel is aging off without proper care, thus caused this accident, a waking up call though, China enjoyed too long peace time, it is high time for it to reinforce its war readiness.
You can't keep blaming Soviets and others for your problems. It doesn't explain the dozen+ sink holes this year.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Another CCP Infrastructure Fail

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

BackToEast

Country flag
the shelter was dug after the road was built, Taiyuan is a city of 2000 years history, even it changed a lot, that street is always there, the south bound extension of this road actually was the only way out in the ancient times for people to travel outside of
Taiyuan basin. Even the road name suggests it was a least there since Tang Dynasty. The modern version of this road has been there since the 1950s.
and the tunnel was not dug directly under it. Actually that part of the under ground shelter has been deserted since the 1980s.
the collapse of the shelter indirectly caused the slide of the road foundation thus brought up this whole news to make you guys excited.
Chairman Mao was a great leader,he led the Chinese people defeated the evil invaders in 1962.

satish007

Buildings collapse after subsidence in S China |Society |chinadaily.com.cn
GUANGZHOU - At least three buildings collapsed on Monday afternoon after subsidence in Guangzhou, capital of South China's Guangdong province.

At around 4:40 pm, subsidence occurred at a road junction in the Liwan district of downtown Guangzhou. About three neighboring shop buildings collapsed successively, said rescuers.

nobody hurt, our governors have been suffering form these old houses long time.
not too bad news.

bose

Country flag
Buildings collapse after subsidence in S China |Society |chinadaily.com.cn
GUANGZHOU - At least three buildings collapsed on Monday afternoon after subsidence in Guangzhou, capital of South China's Guangdong province.

At around 4:40 pm, subsidence occurred at a road junction in the Liwan district of downtown Guangzhou. About three neighboring shop buildings collapsed successively, said rescuers.

nobody hurt, our governors have been suffering form these old houses long time.
not too bad news.

It seems that China did not get the opportunity to steal a good building construction technology...

KevWang

It seems that China did not get the opportunity to steal a good building construction technology...
Nice to meet you, bose :wave: Just joined yesterday.

Well, I was born and now living in Guangzhou. Guangzhou is a very developed megacity. It is listed as Beta World City. See this link Guangzhou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its GDP per capita is well over US$15,000

The collapse is because the construction of the new metro line 6. We already have 7 lines, line1, 2,3,4 ,5, 8 and the trans-city Guangfo-line. China has some of the best infrastructures in the world especially in public transportation. The metro lines and BRTs in many Chinese cities are well-known in the world.

China has been prominent in construction technology since its emergence. No way do we need to steal any technology.The Great Wall and Forbidden Palace are two good examples.
China has the longest cross-sea bridige in the world. See this link Jiaozhou Bay Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China has the most number of cities with skyscrapers, surpassing USA
List of cities with most skyscrapers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China has the longest national expressways in the world with 96000km by the end of 2012.Expressways of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China also has the longest high-speed rail in operation with a total of 9,300 km of routes in service as of December 2012
High-speed rail in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The quality of China's most roads are awesome. Collapse of roads is witnessed all around the world. Recently a Japanese tunnel collapsed and killed several. Does this mean that Japanese construction technology is bad? I hope my Indian friends can be more neutral when facing China. China learnt from US, Japan and Germany so that we can have a transportation system comparable to any developed country now.

bose

Country flag
Nice to meet you, bose :wave: Just joined yesterday.

Well, I was born and now living in Guangzhou. Guangzhou is a very developed megacity. It is listed as Beta World City. See this link Guangzhou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its GDP per capita is well over US$15,000

The collapse is because the construction of the new metro line 6. We already have 7 lines, line1, 2,3,4 ,5, 8 and the trans-city Guangfo-line. China has some of the best infrastructures in the world especially in public transportation. The metro lines and BRTs in many Chinese cities are well-known in the world.

China has been prominent in construction technology since its emergence. No way do we need to steal any technology.The Great Wall and Forbidden Palace are two good examples.
China has the longest cross-sea bridige in the world. See this link Jiaozhou Bay Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China has the most number of cities with skyscrapers, surpassing USA
List of cities with most skyscrapers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China has the longest national expressways in the world with 96000km by the end of 2012.Expressways of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China also has the longest high-speed rail in operation with a total of 9,300 km of routes in service as of December 2012
High-speed rail in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The quality of China's most roads are awesome. Collapse of roads is witnessed all around the world. Recently a Japanese tunnel collapsed and killed several. Does this mean that Japanese construction technology is bad? I hope my Indian friends can be more neutral when facing China. China learnt from US, Japan and Germany so that we can have a transportation system comparable to any developed country now.
Welcome to the forum, I was just trying to pull your legs... do not take it seriously...

India wants to be neutral unless forced to due to its security concerns...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Maybe they should steal ancient Roman construction tech. Their buildings last hundreds of years, in China... five. :laugh:

Impluseblade

The Great Wall of China is a series of fortifications made of stone, brick, tamped earth, wood, and other materials, generally built along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China in part to protect the Chinese Empire or its prototypical states against intrusions by various nomadic groups or military incursions by various warlike peoples or forces. Several walls were being built as early as the 7th century BC;[3] these, later joined together and made bigger, stronger, and unified are now collectively referred to as the Great Wall.[4] Especially famous is the wall built between 220–206 BC by the first Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang. Little of that wall remains. Since then, the Great Wall has on and off been rebuilt, maintained, and enhanced; the majority of the existing wall was reconstructed during the Ming Dynasty.

Maybe they should steal ancient Roman construction tech. Their buildings last hundreds of years, in China... five. :laugh:

KevWang

Oh, five???? You mst be joking, dear friend from France. :laugh:

The Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai was completed in 1994, 18 years old now.:thumb:

The oldest Chinese wooden temple, the Nanchan Temple, dates back to 782 AC Nanchan Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :thumb:

China has a massive transportation system. 96,000 km of express way and over 100,000 km of national high way (excluding streets and roads in cities like Guangzhou) makes it the largest in the world. To have some accidents is avoidable. My father is an engineer here in Guangzhou in a state-hold company. The South part of Kaichuang Ave, he built in Guangzhou has already endured 10 years. Now a part of a new metro line, the line 6 is being built under that avenue. :lol:

Traffic jam is often heard in China, but construction trouble, very little. This thread only has a dreadful 3 pages with not more than 15 accidents.
Don't forget that China has an area of over 9,640,000km^2, 18 times of that of France with a variety of landscapes ranging from marshes to "roofs" of the world, harsh desert to vast plains. And also a population of 1.3 billion.
Even France had a Collapse of Terminal 2E of Charles de Gaulle Airport in 2005. Did any Chinese start to think France is bad at construction? France is now cooperating with China in civil nuclear power development.
My English teachers from Canada and US are just amazed at the infrastructure of China and of course its quality. China is no longer that backward COMMUNIST in your mind. Come to China and I can show you around. :thumb:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles