Riots in Saharanpur between Sikhs and Shia Muslims

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The end of Ramazan violence was kind of common in Sri Lanka recent years.
Lanka is mostly Buddhists and they are against Buddhists as well.Muslims doing riots is becoming common as well in Lanka.

I hope Lanka doesn't act "Secular" and declare it a Buddhist state.Muslims are exploiting the "Secular" crap everywhere.

Basically they are against any non-Muslim.

The original religions of South Asia ie. Hinduism/Sikhism/Buddhism/Jainism is in danger unless this Muslim menace is not controlled.

Muslims need to REFORM since its not 7th century.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Law and Order is a State subject and the Centre can do nothing as such, unless it imposes President's rule in conformity with Article 356 of the Constitution of India which deals with the failure of the constitutional machinery of an Indian state.

That the Union Govt would like to avoid since the Centre can be accused of bias and prejudice.
Right, Sir. In your viewpoint, has UP reached a stage where the article can be enforced ? Or, it is too early for that ?
Lets ignore the bureaucratic formatilies (procedure of recommedations) for time-being.

Blackwater

Sikhs make Eid sweeter for their Muslim workers

Eid passed off peacefully in this riot-hit town famous for its woodwork, and perhaps the likes of Raghubeer Singh and Prabhjot Singh had something to do with it.

The uncle-nephew duo, which owns two wood-carving businesses and employs 40 Muslim artisans, made the Meethi Eid (Sweet Eid) — as Eid-ul-Fitr has come to be known for the spread of desserts that accompany the celebrations — sweeter for their workers.

A day after violent clashes between Sikhs and Muslim groups left three dead and 33 injured, the two men used the four-hour curfew window on Sunday to get in touch with workers, reach their showrooms and pay the men ahead "of their biggest festival".

For the last 40 years, the Singhs have been running two wood-carving units from the town's furniture market dominated by Muslim-owned businesses. Majority of carvers are Muslims and the Singhs' units are among the only four owned by Sikhs.

As riots broke out Saturday morning, work came to a grinding halt. Shutters were downed in furniture market in a hurry and curfew clamped in the old city, where most of the Muslim workers lived.

"The city was tense and all my efforts to get in touch with my workers failed," Raghubeer said.

On Sunday, he managed to get through to some of them over the phone and asked them to reach the furniture showroom during the curfew break and inform others. As banks were closed and ATMs were out of money, Raghubeer asked his friends for money.

"Fortunately, my nephew had some cash. We somehow managed to reach the showroom and made the payments," he said.

He and his friends were worried as they had not been paid and Eid was just two days away, said Mohd Azim. But, that was before the phone call came, he said. "We couldn't have celebrated Eid had our employers not taken the risk and come to the showroom to pay us."

"Many of us enjoy a bond of over 40 years. We understand each other," Raghubeer said.

The bond is strong – it withstood the communal frenzy that followed the Babri Mosque demolition in 1991.

He said the land dispute that triggered the violence was between the Guru Singh Sabha and former councillor Moharram Ali Pappu, and not a Sikh-Muslim conflict.

The local Handicraft Artisans and Exporters Association has more than 2,100 units as its members. The wood industry had an annual turnover of Rs. 300 crore and employed more than 30,000 people, general secretary Abdul Rehman said.

Sikhs make Eid sweeter for their Muslim workers - Hindustan Times

ITBP

Re: Start of Saharanpur Riots

I have no idea what khalistan have to do with this ?:frusty:
Khalistani idiots say we Hindus hate Sikhs, we Hindus are cow-urine suckers :facepalm:

So I would like to see their attitude on this issue where Hindu and Sikhs both got beaten. :mad:

Stupid article as i have many Muslim friends( in right places) and they are not habitual Rioters but victim of vote bank politics.
Victim? :hmm:

They are "victim" because they allow themselves to be. :truestory:

Why do they send their kids to Madrassa instead of school?

Btw local newspaper said Saharanpur riot was clash 2 groups(did not mention it was Sikh and Hindu vs Muslim) and deads were all Hindu or Sikhs, mean while it was completely silent on attack on Amarnath Pilgrims.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I like this Joe Raghubeer Singh.

He says the land dispute that triggered the violence was between the Guru Singh Sabha and former councillor Moharram Ali Pappu, and not a Sikh-Muslim conflict.

It does speak highly of the Muslim man's derring do. One Joe, Moharram Ali Pappu took on all the multitude of Sikhs!

How more politically correct can this Raghubeer Singh be?

Samar Rathi

Country flag

Khalistani idiots say we Hindus hate Sikhs, we Hindus are cow-urine suckers :facepalm:

So I would like to see their attitude on this issue where Hindu and Sikhs both got beaten. :mad:

Victim? :hmm:

They are "victim" because they allow themselves to be. :truestory:

Why do they send their kids to Madrassa instead of school?

Btw local newspaper said Saharanpur riot was clash 2 groups(did not mention it was Sikh and Hindu vs Muslim) and deads were all Hindu or Sikhs, mean while it was completely silent on attack on Amarnath Pilgrims.
Khalistan was ISI and CIA funded movement which died as soon as USSR fall.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Khalistan was ISI and CIA funded movement which died as soon as USSR fall.
How can you forget KPS Gill the former Punjab DGP who fought the Punjab Insurgency with a Iron Fist and succeeded.

We need another KPS Gill today.

Samar Rathi

Country flag

How can you forget KPS Gill the former Punjab DGP who fought the Punjab Insurgency with a Iron Fist and succeeded.

We need another KPS Gill today.
I have no idea what you are trying to covey here as there is no separatist movement such as khalistan as it reduces to NGO type operation to get some people rich. So reviving a hero who fought the insurgency with iron fist to do what exactly ? (As there is nothing left)

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

I have no idea what you are trying to covey here as there is no separatist movement such as khalistan as it reduces to NGO type operation to get some people rich. So reviving a hero who fought the insurgency with iron fist to do what exactly ? (As there is nothing left)
Punjab Terrorism involved the so called Khalistan movement but crushed by KPS Gill.You can read more about him.

The only time where a serious insurgency was put to the end almost except some traitors sitting in Canada/UK/Pak with CIA/ISI funding and posting pics of Bhindrawala on social sites.

To fight insurgency the tactics used by Gill needs to be analyzed and used(India indeed has some insurgencies going on)

Samar Rathi

Country flag

Punjab Terrorism involved the so called Khalistan movement but crushed by KPS Gill.You can read more about him.

The only time where a serious insurgency was put to the end almost except some traitors sitting in Canada/UK/Pak with CIA/ISI funding and posting pics of Bhindrawala on social sites.

To fight insurgency the tactics used by Gill needs to be analyzed and used(India indeed has some insurgencies going on)
I know and applaud for Mr Gill achievement but what that's have to do with current topic ?

amoy

I saw pretty many places end with -pur or -wara in their names. any special meaning , like -chowk is said to mean a well ??

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I saw pretty many places end with -pur or -wara in their names. any special meaning , like -chowk is said to mean a well ??

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
It means a 'chowk'.

Same as in Pakistan.

It does not mean, for sure, a frog in the well.

If you saw pur and wara, then surely you would have known what is a chowk, since it stares in your face, wherever you visit be it in a pur or in a wara.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles