Riots in Faizabad - shops, police vans set on fire

Rahul92

According to latest reports, the holy ceremony of immersion of Goddess Durga idols in Uttar Pradesh's Faizabad district turned violent as more than 40 shops were set on fire by agitated mob.

Also, 4 UP Police vans were set ablaze after mob went out of control.

According to Badri Prasad Singh, IG (Law & Order), they are taking every possible step to put a check to the current situation and many police companies have been deployed to tackle the agitated mob.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/UP...-police-vehicles-set-on-fire-3963729-NOR.html

blank_quest

Country flag
Welcome to UP,My town is just Kms away from Faizabad. Now you can guess, I was correct.

Rahul92

Don't you guys have people like these

Last edited by a moderator:

blank_quest

Country flag
My town has many famous personalities. Abu Salem , Mukhtar Ansari, and not to forget Amar Singh and Shabana Azmi -her father Kaifi Azmi. :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Welcome to UP,My town is just Kms away from Faizabad. Now you can guess, I was correct.
I was posted at Faizabad with the Army School of MT and our School was along the river and we were members of the Faizabad Club.

And then there was the Field Firing Range too.

It was like any old UP town, dusty, laid back sleepy and very nice actually.

Great many Havelis and I went to one owned by one Alu Godam owner! Dark, huge and majestic with inner area for women and outer room for men and so on. We were so fascinated seeing this Haveli that we thought any moment the nautch girls will erupt on the scene and quawalis will be sung!

Sad to learn it has now become a hell hole.

blank_quest

Country flag
I was posted at Faizabad with the Army School of MT and our School was along the river and we were members of the Faizabad Club.

And then there was the Field Firing Range too.

It was like any old UP town, dusty, laid back sleepy and very nice actually.

Great many Havelis and I went to one owned by one Alu Godam owner! Dark, huge and majestic with inner area for women and outer room for men and so on. We were so fascinated seeing this Haveli that we thought any moment the nautch girls will erupt on the scene and quawalis will be sung!

Sad to learn it has now become a hell hole.
I too was once an Aloo Godam owner. :D . My grand father opened the Godam thinking that it will make profits. Sadly there is no much earning, so we closed it. Yes, UP has very many places full of Havelis. But the Time has changed.UP is like Haryana in one sense that people here take pride in gun culture. My town is infamous for manufacturing of illegal Hand-made Katta.Its also due to Babri Masjid and Ayodhya that makes this place so sensitive.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Curfew in Faizabad after riots

Curfew was imposed in parts of Faizabad town on Thursday morning after about 15 shops and some vehicles were burnt in rioting, which broke out during a procession carrying idols of Durga for immersion on Wednesday evening. About 10 people were injured in clashes, none seriously.

Two persons, identified as Durga Prasad and Mohammad Umar, were killed in separate incidents soon after the clash, but the police said the deaths were unrelated to the violence in the town.

While Prasad was attacked with scissors, causing his death, in the rural area outside the town, Umar was beaten to death in Inayatganj locality. Both deaths were result of personal disputes, said IG (Law and Order) BP Singh.

Singh said another clash between two communities took place in Mohammadpur Khala police station area of Barabanki area, but the situation was brought under control following intervention of police officials.

Regarding the Faizabad incident, Singh said some people in the procession threw gulal at a religious place, while some youths passed objectionable comments on a girl of another community in Chowk area. The incidents led to an argument between the two groups.

In the Chowk area, a group of locals, who were part of the procession, went berserk on hearing that a stone was thrown on the procession from Rikabganj locality. The mob started pelting stones on houses. They also torched at least 15 shops and some vehicles in the market, the IG said. The shops and vehicles belonged to both communities, he added.

Curfew in Faizabad after riots - Indian Express

natarajan

This is not new ,even tamil nadu some hard core mosques doest want other religion to pass through their street ,it happens all ganesh chathruthi.moreover this throwing gulal or teasing are just imaginary creations as i have seen lots of incidents without any problem created by people carrying idols

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
As Islamic population in India increases and secularism is forcefully imposed, get ready to face more such incidents on a daily basis. Religion of peace will never allow any other religion to exist / flourish in and around their localities and that's again islam 101!! Hard facts, however India and it's elite remain oblivious and ostriches for their personal greed and lust for wealth.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
It is time for us to think of solutions to these communal violence. I would like to request all the concerned that time to criticize and finger pointing has come to end and time to introduce solution on a permanent basis. individuals who instigate hatred of any kind need to be booked by the law enforcement officials failing to do that should lead to reprimand by the state Government and if it not done than the Central Government should take over the enforcement of law and order and as last resort if both level of Governments fail to take result oriented actions than the President of Bharatvarsh should be compelled as per constitution to take necessary steps to put an end to all kinds of communal violence without exception.

If the Governments at both level fail to act three times in row during their tenure than they should be dismissed by President as per new articles of constitution yet to be introduced in the Parliament. Let us put this to voters and bring meaningful changes which can be measured and has to be transparent. I hope some of you will contribute further to my own few suggestions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles