Right wing extremism.

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

This forum has seen a lot of it over the last three years. The country has seen quite a bit of it, and the world at large has seen a lot of it.

All such movements started with a bogey. For Nazis it was the Jews and then the bogey of the treaty ending WWI.

Closer home, Pakistan uses the bogey of a "Hindu" India.

In India, right wing extremists use the bogey of Muslims and "appeasement" of Muslims for their rise.

The difference between the Nazis and Pakis on one hand and India on the other is that the former used/uses foreign bogeys for their form of extremism with Nazis detesting the treaty of Versailles and Pakis using India but on the other hand, Indian extremists that have come around sadly use their own countrymen as bogeys.

That is certainly dangerous for the country. Nazis were able to rise because they wanted to get back at the rest of the west but Indian extremists have risen against their own countrymen fed by all kinds of propaganda. Chain reaction is always the result of extremism.

Indian extremists are showing the same kind of behavior as one detests among Pakis. I guess at the end of the day, all extremists are the same. Unfortunately it's going to harm the country.

Tronic, Singh, pmaitra and 1 other person like this.
  3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Took you long enough.

4. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

If you meant the ones like Abu Jundal, then yes..I agree.

5. Yusuf

Any extremist. Or those calling themselves pragmatist while hiding their extremist mind.

Again Abu Jundal used by Pakistan which is but an enemy and expected to do such things.

The only "favor" right wing extremists in India can do is go do shit to Pakis than hurt India itself. Yeah it's dangerous hit better have them create havoc in Pakistan than India.

6. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

o c'on he just wants to understand . there is no point in taking a cheap shot.

7. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

No he meant sadhavi pragya thakur type

8. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

We will get through fine. For 1.2 billion people living in such a cramped space, we are a relatively peaceful society. Some regions are better off that others but on the whole, we are doing fine and will get better. The country is getting wiser and more literate and I am more hopeful than otherwise on the whole.

mki, parijataka, balai_c and 4 others like this.
  9. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

+1, with trackwhack.

Any given day, make common civil code too. Just to avoid the Chain reactions.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

10. Yusuf

Having a common marriage and property inheritance laws will solve all hate against Muslims? I will start a campaign for common law right away.

Mr.Ryu, Razor and A chauhan like this.
  11. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

Right-wing extremists indeed pose a threat to the long-term health of the country, but I also agree with trackwhack that we will get through fine. We have enough moderates and sane people, as well as fairly strong political institutions in place (especially for a "Third World" country), to prevent a Nazi-style takeover.

Oracle likes this.
  12. KS

Yeah fine whatever man.

Policies with political intent aimed at making a show of being the saviour of minorities with actually zero actual substance do happen in India and that is a fact. Call it appeasement or whatever. And people will make a cry about it -- dont like it ? Make it clear to the political parties to stop that. There is no point in asking concerned people to turn a blind eye towards it.

And equating these kind of people to Nazis and Pakis got to be the lamest thing ever -- if these people displayed only a tiny fraction of the brutality unleashed by the nazis on Jews and being unleashed by the Pakis then ,Yusuf, you would not be writing these articles without fear for your life. By these outrageous exaggerations you only lessen the credibility of the rest of the words you type --

Mr.Ryu, pankaj nema and Mad Indian like this.
  13. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

start it !!! it cant be done
    right ,left,green ,orange ,red or saffron or whatever terror you call,please hang them and punish instead of looking after them like guests.It will surely create some belief that terrorists are terrorist who will be punished not like kasab case.Till that all other kind of terror will mushroom

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  14. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

+ population control policy ! a ground for acceptance of two child policy if adopted.

15. KS

You say it "can be" done or "can't be" done ? :confused:

I personally think it "can't be done".

Reality is the words of a Gujarati Muslim from the tiny Bohra community will not go before the entrenched and influential sunni muslim establishment from UP/Bihar.

We all know what happened to Ghulam Mohammed Vastanvi.

16. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  17. aeroblogger

aeroblogger Regular Member

2 child policy, or even 3 child policy would be incredibly beneficial to India.

Nagraj and A chauhan like this.
  18. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

No he is talking about Paki type who have a tendency of blowing themselves up.

rock127 and sob like this.
  19. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

Great, start it.

btw this is just to start with, there are few more campaigns to come, later on. We will discuss it then. When you will finish your first campaign.

A chauhan, Galaxy and KS like this.
  20. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Right wing extremism ? IMO right wing in India is still no where near to be called extremists.

The Comparison of Pakistani situation with India is not valid ! Hindu population is decreasing not only in Pakistan (already about to extinct there) but in India too , and India being the homeland and motherland of Hinduism, it is natural to be little conservative for Hindus.

After 850 years of cruel foreign rule and the most painful partition due to change in demographics right wing is bound to rise. I see nothing wrong in it.

I don't find a Hindu extremist and a Muslim extremist comparable! one has a retaliatory nature and one is intolerant to anything.

ajtr your list of Hindu extremist will stop after naming some alleged terrorists, but imagine if I start listing the name of Muslim terrorists, your countrymen will piss at their pants.

We should rather open a thread "Leftist Extremism in India - causes and remedies" this thread is just expressing hyped fears.

Rightly said Galaxy, leftist extremism is far more dangerous than the rightist one. :sad:

rock127, sob, Mad Indian and 2 others like this.
  21. Nagraj

Nagraj Regular Member

yusuf ,
    i don't know.
    ut here is what i understand.
    People are talking much more then before among themselves.
    situation will improve much more then before.
    if you think there was no right wing earlier then why will dilip kumar change his name.
    if you are saying that right wing has increased now why is that sharukh and aamir khan can come out proudly and say they are pround muslim and will raise their sons as muslims and still remain popular.
    i will say it's improving.
    yet we feel more fiction because now news is availale 24X7 at the touch of keyboard.
    earlier we could live with our own delusions and never come in touch with others.
    now we are forced to deal with so many delusion apart from our own.

and unfortunately the thing we call news is not news
    it's actually a reality network.
    we are the actors in it.
    so we feel all the ups and downs in it.