Right for those who dont follow any religion...

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sabir, May 9, 2011.

?

Do you support the right of atheists to be officially recognized?

1. Yes, I am non-religious and wish to be recognized as such.

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, I am non-religious but do not want to be recognized as such.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Yes, I am a religious person, but support the right of atheists to be officially recognized.

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. No, I am a religious person and do not support the official recognition of atheists.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sabir

Sabir DFI TEAM Senior Member

Since childhood I am ticking 'Islam' as my religion. As a kid I had no problem with that. But I no more follow anything of Islam. I do not even believe in existance of God. Nor I have any interest in going fold of any religion. I am guided by my own conscience, that is good enough I should claim (Because, no one says I am a bad person). But still, when I was filling up a form for WBCS I had to write 'Islam' to avoid complicacy. (My wife threatened me not to write 'non-believer'...she is a pius Hindu btw). My question to the members ....is it allowed to write , Non-believer' or 'atheist' while filling up form for gvt exams or jobs. Or we need to campaign for get permission to write that.

3. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

There is no column for that right now and like the members of the third sex campaign for their right to mention so in the applications, Atheists too can launch a campaign.

4. Sabir

How to start that. If I write a pitition for that, who I should address? Or I have to file PIL...

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  5. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

I guess you have to file a PIL and the get the court rule in your favour.

6. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Start on the net. DFI can be a good place to start. Wait you already did that. :)

Although, I am not an athiest, but I support the atheists right to define themselves as atheists. Sabirda if you want my help, let me know.

7. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

You have to change it in your Birth Certificate, i am not sure most people would do that. Your data on your birth certificate and your ration card has to be changed if you are very concerned about it.

8. smartindian

smartindian Regular Member

take the help of saya sir he can help you

9. Sabir

It is not matter of changing my document. Rather I am concern about the right those who dont belong to any religion (not only atheist). I should ask Sir whether our constitution permits to have no religion. If anyone write non-believer of any religion or atheist (there is some difference in the meaning) will it be valid............

10. Sabir

@ civfanatic.... thanx for finding this thread. Honestly saying I am good in raising issue but too lazy to carry it forward. perhaps I am good only in following an initiative. May be I will get more courage with more numbers. Can we add a poll to see how many of us want the right to be recognised officially as non-religious or atheist.

11. jalsa

jalsa Regular Member

I too support you @Sabir , there should be a an option as " no religious affiliation" when applying for government jobs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

First one has to define what is religion and the fact that each religion has its own God which none has seen.

Therefore, is it real or a mechanism thought out by wise men to ensure that there are societal norms and people are deterred for barbaric ways and instead behave as what could be termed as civilised society.

As far as I am concerned, the poll misses my ideology out.

I am that I am.

13. ashicjose

ashicjose Regular Member

Why don't you fill the column for the religion writing non-religious or atheist.

14. afako

afako Regular Member

According to Muslims, disbelieving in Islam amounts to Apostasy and punishment is Death.

And all Satanic minds have to be eradicated like Apostates.

Are you ready to face Death?

15. WMD

WMD Regular Member

all religions r same, based on hypocrisy.

16. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

if you write non-believer then instead of being counted as atheist you will be considered as hindu under the law :laugh:

take your rants to some other thread :tsk:

17. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

This means recognized by the government? How about if the government doesn't record anybody's religion or if they are atheists?

AFAIK the US government doesn't require its citizens to reveal their religion.

18. Sabir

In that case the form maight be cancelled.

About death penulty............Cant you see I am still alive....

19. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

India is a secular republic officially :hehe: the secular nature is the state recognise religious practices and respect them not that you are respected for none following any religion :troll:. Right of believe and faith is limited to the fact and assumption that you follow a particular faith and worship a particular God :troll::troll:
    Seems like the nation dont give a sh!t for those who do not practice any particular superhuman/superstitious hero worship :lawl: whom no one in general have ever seen or met :eyebrows:

In the other hand your culture and identity is linked with your believe and faith.

20. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

That maybe so, but in India such a thing has not taken place.

The Vice Principal of the School I studied in is Mr. John F Rafi. His grandfather was a Muslim. His father who was in the Army converted. And Mr Rafi is still alive and kicking.

The Principal of the Girls School is Mrs L Mirza. She is a Christian and all is well.