Revived: plan to give access to bases to US

Country flag
Interesting development; how's China going to react?
With a mega naval base in Gwadar?
Neo I can confidently guarantee that china will never be able to get
A naval base at Gwadar port. It is my opinion but I know usa military policy
And politics and this will be impossible and costly if Pakistan pursues this path.

Zebra

Country flag
No it doesn't but my brain also understands that it's dog eat dog world. People who are advocating this are betting a lot on India's capability of one upping US. That somehow we will be the one taking advantage of the situation not the US.
Then don't talk like that [MOD Edit: Expletive removed.] again, ever.

India - US tie will help both nations. It will increase capabilities of both the nations.

Keep it in mind.

Country flag

blueblood

Then don't talk like that [MOD Edit: Expletive removed.] again, ever.

India - US tie will help both nations. It will increase capabilities of both the nations.

Keep it in mind.
Chill dude, stop hyperventillating. If you disagree then be it but be civil.

Neo

Neo I can confidently guarantee that china will never be able to get
A naval base at Gwadar port. It is my opinion but I know usa military policy
And politics and this will be impossible and costly if Pakistan pursues this path.
Imho a Chinese naval base in Gwadar is inevitable regardless of a possible Indo-US naval deal. Once the Sino-Pak energy corridor is there, Chinese will need to defend it and Pakistan is morr than willing to host.

US has little leverage over Pakistan these days and with the USaid drying up, there's nothing to bribe our corrupt leaders with. The military stablishment is pro China, more than ever and Gwadar will be the final nail in coffin of the socalled Pak-American alliance.

Believe me, even the moderate and envisioned Raheel Shareef would love to show the middle finger to the Americans.

blueblood

@sob, @LETHALFORCE , @socerer

Let me put my point of view once and for all.

1) IN as of today or near future does not need US logistics.

2) There are plenty of agreements that takes precedence over this one. Like intelligence sharing, joint development of weapon systems, joint exercises and other economic agreements which do not involve permanent or semi permanent presence of foreign troops on Indian soil regardless of their intentions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
Imho a Chinese naval base in Gwadar is inevitable regardless of a possible Indo-US naval deal. Once the Sino-Pak energy corridor is there, Chinese will need to defend it and Pakistan is morr than willing to host.

US has little leverage over Pakistan these days and with the USaid drying up, there's nothing to bribe our corrupt leaders with. The military stablishment is pro China, more than ever and Gwadar will be the final nail in coffin of the socalled Pak-American alliance.

Believe me, even the moderate and envisioned Raheel Shareef would love to show the middle finger to the Americans.

Neo if Pakistan challenges USA by bringing Chinese naval base in Gwadar do you really
Think a middle finger will matter to USA? Do you seriously think there would be no collateral
Damage? You know Americans better than that.

Country flag

2) There are plenty of agreements that takes precedence over this one. Like intelligence sharing, joint development of weapon systems, joint exercises and other economic agreements which do not involve permanent or semi permanent presence of foreign troops on Indian soil regardless of their intentions.

Blueblood USA and india both have a benefit in cooperation.
I will not say indian logistics are good enough to handle china alone.
Alliances are formed out of a mutual benefit. This would also explain why
So many naval projects are behind schedule especially regarding submarines
And warships.

Neo

Neo if Pakistan challenges USA by bringing Chinese naval base in Gwadar do you really
Think a middle finger will matter to USA? Do you seriously think there would be no collateral
Damage? You know Americans better than that.
USA and our corrupt leadership has already been destructive enough with this alliance for more than six decades and you are worried about collateral damage? What is the worse scenario if we allow a Chinese naval base in Gwadar? What can USA do to stop it?

Zebra

Country flag

B

2) There are plenty of agreements that takes precedence over this one. Like intelligence sharing, joint development of weapon systems, joint exercises and other economic agreements which do not involve permanent or semi permanent presence of
foreign troops on Indian soil regardless of their intentions.
Sir, these are part of procedure and India have to fallow it.

Country flag
USA and our corrupt leadership has already been destructive enough with this alliance for more than six decades and you are worried about collateral damage? What is the worse scenario if we allow a Chinese naval base in Gwadar? What can USA do to stop it?
USA can start funding Baluchi separatists and offer military assistance. USA can start building Afghanistan up against Pakistan. There are over five thousand blackwater Agents in Pakistan they must be there for a reason?

Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan, by Andrew Hobbs, Brittney Gates, Kelsea Arnold

http://www.islamicinvitationturkey....ater-fosters-unrest-in-pakistans-balochistan/
US Blackwater fosters unrest in Pakistan's Balochistan

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If modi government wants to give access , would say that it needs to be projected as a reactive step to an incident .

Our citizenry do not understand the concept of proactive approach. They always need justification for anything that govt does.

But in my opinion modi govt should wait a little bit if they want to do this, 3rd year would be a good time to broach this subject.

Country flag
If modi government wants to give access , would say that it needs to be projected as a reactive step to an incident .

Our citizenry do not understand the concept of proactive approach. They always need justification for anything that govt does.

But in my opinion modi govt should wait a little bit if they want to do this, 3rd year would be a good time to broach this subject.
Anything done or agreed will not be made public.

Neo

USA can start funding Baluchi separatists and offer military assistance. USA can start building Afghanistan up against Pakistan. There are over five thousand blackwater Agents in Pakistan they must be there for a reason?

Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan, by Andrew Hobbs, Brittney Gates, Kelsea Arnold

US Blackwater fosters unrest in Pakistan's Balochistan | Islamic Invitation Turkey
US Blackwater fosters unrest in Pakistan's Balochistan
US is already supporting Balichistan seperatists thru covert and clandestine operations, this is common knowledge. Afgjanistan will be absorbed in the Sino-Russian sphere under SCO and will not go against it by aiding USA against Pakistan.
Bakckwater has largely been pulled back in the aftermath of the Raymond Davis affair and the killing of Bin Laden. Their presence peaked under Zardari who issued more than 65.000 unchecked visas to the US citizens including what is believed to be 5000 blackwater agents. Still according to some sources there are almost 2000 blackwater agents operating in the country.

Do you realise that if China officially announced the plans to go for Gwadar naval base, it is no longer US vs Pakistan? Chinese will be involved too against any agression or sabaotage from USA.

blueblood

Blueblood USA and india both have a benefit in cooperation.
I will not say indian logistics are good enough to handle china alone.
Alliances are formed out of a mutual benefit. This would also explain why
So many naval projects are behind schedule especially regarding submarines
And warships.
Unlike IA and IAF, IN will fight a defensive battle against China and IMO we are pretty decent at that. I will repeat myself. Even if PLAN will have 20-25 top notch destroyers in near future not even 1/3rd will make it to IOR. You (China) don't leave
your coasts unguarded for the two huge navies like USN or JMSDF.

Same goes for every single thing, whether manpower or equipment. This is a much smaller problem for India. Pakistan with it's begging bowl is finding hard to make it's end meet. And also unlike India, China cannot have swing forces because of it's massive landscape.

sorcerer

Country flag

Isnt it the other way around..US needs Logistics support and port call cuz they are far far away from thier land.

PaliwalWarrior

@Ray

the article uses 3 terms to define this agreement

1. Allowing ships to replenish & restock - FINE

2. USe of bases / & base access - USE OF BASE ? Surely not logistical ? - NOT FINE

3. Joint operation in times of urgency - Joint operations ? -NOT FINE

sorcerer

Country flag
@Ray

the article uses 3 terms to define this agreement

1. Allowing ships to replenish & restock - FINE

2. USe of bases / & base access - USE OF BASE ? Surely not logistical ? - NOT FINE

3. Joint operation in times of urgency - Joint operations ? -NOT FINE

What are the chances that joint operations are non mil in nature. like piracy control, drug trafficking or high seas terrorism or natural disasters..IMO, I meant..the word "Urgency " is supposed to refer to Ops which are non military in nature meaning un planned OPs that will require man and resources.

I suppose there will be clarifications on the deals to be penned in coming days.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles