Return To Alcatraz

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I thought that no one could escape from the prison.

This is something new for me.

Those chaps may have died trying to escape.

And if they didn't, I don't think they would be fool enough to return and then be arrested.......legend or no legend!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Those chaps may have died trying to escape.

And if they didn't, I don't think they would be fool enough to return and then be arrested.......legend or no legend!
My guess is that tidal currents swept them out to sea.

The FBI has long held that the men drowned, consumed by the frigid temperatures of the San Francisco Bay. They point to a Norwegian shipping freighter whose crew spotted a body in the Pacific Ocean six weeks after the escape. Despite having two phones on board, the crew never called it in. They didn't even report the alleged sighting for months.
Mystery Still Swirls Around Alcatraz Escape

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I like prison movies.

Has anyone seen Papillon? It is based on real events and both the book and the movie are cool.

The book is an account of a 14-year period in Papillon's life (October 26, 1931 to October 18, 1945) starting from when he was wrongly convicted of murder in France and sentenced to a life of hard labor at the Devil's Island penal colony. He escaped from Devil's Island, to ultimately settle in Venezuela, where he lived and prospered, free from French justice.
Papillon (book) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles