Rest in Peace to Mamaji

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Samar Rathi, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Samar Rathi

Samar Rathi Regular Member

Son of BSF engineer who died in plane crash to follow in dad’s footsteps

Uday Rana | TNN | Dec 22, 2015, 06.43 PM IST
    [​IMG]Subedar Devendra Pal Chauhan. (TOI photo)

Meerut: Subedar Devendra Pal Chauhan (52), a retired Air Force personnel and Border Security Force (BSF) engineer, was aboard the BSF plane that crashed in New Delhi's Dwarka Sector-8 on Tuesday morning. Chauhan was part of the technical team that was on its way to Ranchi to fix a helicopter. He is survived by his wife and 18-year-old son Shivam, who wants to become an engineer like his father and is studying in Delhi.

Devendra's brother Brajesh (42), a Meerut resident, told TOI that he could not believe it when the BSF called to give him the bad news. "I knew that my brother was part of the team that was going to Ranchi, so when I saw the news of the plane crash I started to imagine the worst. We were desperate for information but did not get any till around 1 pm. We got a call from the BSF, confirming our worst fears. We were told that my brother had passed away. We got no other information. They just told us to leave for Delhi immediately. I could not believe what I was hearing. I had spoken to Devendra just the night before his death," Brajesh said.

Packed in three cars, the family left for Delhi immediately. The only person in the family who was not told about the crash was Devendra's ailing father, who is suffering from cancer. The third of six brothers, Chauhan was said to be close to his father. "Every time Devendra called me or visited our old family home in Meerut, he would always be concerned about our father's health. During our last conversation, he told me he was leaving for Ranchi in the morning and he offered to wire the money for some of my father's medicines. We have not told our father of the plane crash. It would shatter him."

Latest Comment
    Salute
    Tribute to all the pride sons of India.
    #Jai HindAshish Kumar (ARyan)
    Brajesh said that Devendra's son Shivam has decided to walk in his father's footsteps. "Shivam is a very bright child and wants to be an engineer just like his father. He is currently a first year student at a private engineering college in Delhi. His father was indeed a great man. He was a good father, a good son, a good brother and a true patriot. Even after he retired from the Air Force, he joined the BSF as an engineer to serve his country further," Brajesh said.

All 10 people on board the small Ranchi-bound BSF plane were killed when it crashed near Dwarka and burst into flames just outside the IGI airport shortly after take-off. The twin-engine Superking plane crashed into the airport boundary wall of the airport near a railway track and landed in a sewage treatment plant. The plane crashed about five minutes after takeoff.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi offered his condolences in a tweet that read, "Pained by the loss of lives in the BSF plane crash in Delhi. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow-in-dads-footsteps/articleshow/50284895.cms

Sad days to our family.:india2:

@Shikha Rathi @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad

3. Shikha Rathi

Shikha Rathi New Member

:india:..... I pray god to rest his soul in peace.

4. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Om Shanti !!

5. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Om Shanti

6. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Rest in peace :namaste:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7. Samar Rathi

Samar Rathi Regular Member

..............................................................................................

Shikha Rathi likes this.
  8. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

RIP.

I saw this news yesterday. The casualty figure was 10. Hope there are no more deaths amongst injured, if any.

9. punjab47

punjab47 महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट Banned

ਚਾਰਬੰਸਚੌਬੀਸਗਜਉਂਗਲਅਸਤਪਰਮਾਨਤਾਉਪਰਸਲਤਾਨਹੈਚੁਕੇਮਤਚੌਹਾਨ।।