Reservation in India - It's time for Evaluation

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sabir, Oct 1, 2009.

1. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Tweak reservation policy a bit...
    My idea is as below.
    Reservation will stay as it is (for now) in education. But for jobs, to get reservation, all the reserved candidates MUST marry people from non-reserved category.
    They can forego reservation and marry from their caste...
    Or they can retain the reservation by marrying from non-reserved caste. This will continue with every generation hence-forth.

This is my solution for reservation and caste filth that is destroying Hinduism.

raja696 likes this.
  2. Archer

Archer Regular Member

Whats there to evaluate? Reservation based on caste is a stupid idea and has only perpetuated the caste system and allowed the creamy layer to benefit. Non deserving jackasses and I know many, dwarf the deserving (of whom I know a few). Reservation, if any, needs to be based on economic status and strictly vetted.

raja696 likes this.
  3. aliyah

aliyah Regular Member

no political party in india have guts to end reservation.
    so if india wants to remove reservation then it should start including more n more open castes in reservation block. when everyone starts getting reservation then reservation automatically becomes useless

raja696 likes this.
  4. sasum

sasum Atheist but not Communists. Senior Member

Patidars, Jats, Gujjars, Meenas, Marathas, Rajputs.. Where does that leave the poor Brahmins?

5. Bahamut

Bahamut Senior Member Senior Member

Reservation is not working ,how can you expect the bad effect of thousand years to go in 10 years .We need to it time for the effect to go .We all have a right to equal opportunity, prove that you are better then rest .Instead of working hard ,now you just have break thing and prove you are backward to get into college and job.The same happened in South Africa when they got rid or demoted white people in Defense and police to make black in higher ranks to show that they are 'equal and progressive' even if they are skilled and better qualified .The result was that the crime rate is high and armed force are just a shadow of their former self.

6. sasum

I am not against reservation based on economic conditions but demands of Jats and Patidars who are rich and landed are absurd. It shows up opportunistic, unpatriotic streaks in their character.
    As for blacks, for some unknown reasons they all turn anti-social by the time they reach adolescence.. just like denotified Indian tribes of Bawaria, Pardhi, Sansi, Nat etc.

Bahamut likes this.
  7. Bahamut

Not all black are anti social,some are victim of the situation but the problem start that when you want to make yourselves look progressive and then take bad decision and let the wrong people in just because they are from a particular race.This is discrimination .It is just replacing one form of discrimination from other .

raja696 likes this.
  8. Bahamut

Not all black are anti social,some are victim of the situation but the problem start that when you want to make yourselves look progressive and then take bad decision and let the wrong people in just because they are from a particular race.This is discrimination .It is just replacing one form of discrimination from other .

9. Bahamut

10. Bahamut

Double Post Delete .........................................................................................

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  11. sasum

People say the same thing about SCs also. Somehow I feel it is herd character. I bet none of the agitating people ever faced any discrimination. These factors crop up only when someone is poor in addition to being low cast.

12. Bahamut

We have to understand crime in order to fight it.Many criminal have seen crime go unpunished or have been a victim of crime themselves ,but it is not a excuses for what they do. There are better alternative then reservation like improving the quality of our education,better teacher etc but since these not going to win vote they are not considered.As for political correctness ,I am against it.I remember a case where a SC man killed a entire family of upper caste and liberal say that he is the victim even when he killed toddlers.Only the investigation team knows the full truth .It off topic ,all I want to say that instead of reservation do reform in educational system ,invest money and support talent .His race ,caste ,gender etc does not matter.

raja696 and sasum like this.
  13. sasum

I may add incentivise inter caste marriage (marriage between upper & lower caste). Their progeny will have indeterminate caste resulting in less stigma.

14. inder

inder New Member

Compersion likes this.
  15. sasum

Financially weak families may be given free medical insurance, free education, subsidized electricity, foodstuff etc. but not reservation in jobs or higher education.

raja696, Compersion and saty like this.
  16. Compersion

Compersion Senior Member Senior Member

i always remember a saying from the tower of babel ... if everyone is the same it is not good ... this debate on reservation is needed because it allows for discussion and difference to be sorted out ... i would prefer it this way and not where everyone is the same red color and treated the same when it is far from the fact.

it is also like what happens if there only lower caste and upper caste. even within upper and lower caste there is caste. upper caste people cannot ask for reservation - how to define that = financial criteria but why not for all. the bigger picture is the people are indian and financial parameters needs to be applied in determining economic benefits that people need especially the deserved.

abolishing the use and mention and application of lower caste in our lives must be a mission. the reservation system i am sure has good intent but its application is far wide from giving benefits to who really needs. such discussion are also emotive and also used for political gains. i feel such mission can be done by focusing on bigger picture and implementing such. also the political capital needs to mature and that probably will come with education and even proper competition and standards set to enable such to play out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    parijataka and raja696 like this.
  17. inder

inder New Member

but dear if we provide them job they automatically can own these type of facilities .... if we give these facilities not job they will get addict..

18. Cliff@sea

[email protected] C'est la vie Senior Member

Very Good idea :rofl:

Though ofcourse the "reservation" guys should be allowed choice of whom they want to marry among the non reserved class, to keep it fair.
    Lets see who has real problems with this . Those with reservations or those without :bounce:

19. Janta Trust

Janta Trust Regular Member

What is MahaDalit?, just nothing except a vote bank for various parties specially JDU. They just made "MahaDalit" to make their own vote bank. I think, not only in the case of OBC. Creamy layer formula should be included in SC/ST too. Or give reservation to those who are economically poor. Based on historical superstitious, they should not be considered poor or "atti pichda". Here are some news regarding reservation

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/rss-spokesmans-remarks-on-reservation-trigger-row/articleshow/56697233.cms

I think that their is nothing wrong in his statement.

Politicians like Mayawati and Lalu Yadav has pulled his legs and took a ding at him.

20. Hemu Vikram Aditya

Hemu Vikram Aditya Senior Member Senior Member

I really don't see any logic in giving christians and muslim reservation as reservation is given to people who were oppressed while these people oppressed