Reservation for SCs, STs and OBC in private sector

Discussion in 'Economy & Infrastructure' started by Sakal Gharelu Ustad, May 2, 2016.

1. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Here you go:

So bye-bye Make in Yindia!!

3. adrenalin

adrenalin Regular Member

wat that mean? lower cast got privat quota? sakel you muslim, also want quota? Sri Ram help india from muslims and lower cast.

4. Agnostic_Indian

Agnostic_Indian Regular Member

Not going to happen, even If it goes through in parliament its is more likely to struck it down by SC.

5. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

It was reported by AIR and now the tweet is not available, so probably they removed it.

6. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola Regular Member

Not going to happen. I am an OBC myself and a marginalised one at that. The govt can only provide education and that's it. They have to update themselves in the 4 or 3 years they do their bachelors. No other go. The world is going fast. The BSP through such activities for vote bank politics is putting the interest of the nation at stake.

Even SC/ST wont support these activities by the government as this mean, even Indian MNC's wont invest in India from now on and job opportunities will dry up.
    I only had wished Ambedkar was alive for few more years as he would have given an roadmap on quota policy which noone would have dared to oppose against.

7. garg_bharat

garg_bharat Senior Member Senior Member

Reservation in private sector is not possible.

Any government interference in running private sector is equal to converting them into public sector; which will saddle banking system with huge non-performing loans and will make industry non-competitive.

8. garg_bharat

Reservation cannot go on forever. It is time when reservation policy is reassessed and many castes need to be removed from the list.

Many OBC classes are now better off economically compared to even so called upper classes.

The most ridiculous is reservation to "jains" and "jat" who are quite wealthy as a group.

The primary basis of reservation is denial of economic opportunity. Government does not control religions in India. Religious beliefs cannot be driver of government policy. Any caste that has achieved average per capita for the nation cannot and should not be included in the reserved list.

9. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Please attack the message, not the messenger.

10. adrenalin

adrenalin Regular Member

ok, now u tell me if you supprt reservation in private, yes or no?

11. garg_bharat

I am against reservation - in both public jobs and private jobs.

In my view reservation policy is unconstitutional as it is against "equality" enshrined in constitution for every citizen of India.

However I have accepted the need due to historical harassment of some communities in India. But this cannot go on forever. There has to be an end date.

And caste cannot be a basis for granting government jobs anyway, leave aside private jobs. Jobs should be given to candidates who can do justice to the given job.

adrenalin likes this.
  12. garg_bharat

This is unfortunate that reservation has become such a charged political issue. It shows the depths to which public discourse has fallen.