Request to Mods

trackwhack

Hello Moderators,

If its not too much trouble, could we consider reorganizing this section to be driven primarily through separate stickies covering the following topics?

a) Nuclear Research and Progress

1) India's Three stage cycle - General Discussions
2) Fast Breeders
3) AHWR
4) LFTR
5) Accelerator Driven systems and CHTR's
6) Fusion Experiments
7) Particle Physics Research - Cyclotrons / Neutrino Observatory
8) Military Nuclear Assets and Developments

b) Space Research and Progress

1) General ISRO developments
2) GSLV
3) GSLV Mk 3
4) PSLV
5) RLV
6) Chandrayaan 2

c) Guided Missile Research and Progress

1) Agni Series
2) BMD
3) Brahmos
4) Other Cruise Missiles
5) SLBM's / K Series
6) Air to Air / BVRAAM
7) Other Missile developments

d) Non-Conventional Systems

1) Beam and Pulse Weapons Development
2) Cyber Security and Offense
3) Space Security and Offense

I'm sure I missed other critical topics.

Many of these areas are covered under various threads, however this being a forum, over a period of time information does get cluttered. I think this is a great place to build a repository of the likes described above. We could have an additional sticky for member requests to open a new sticky topic subject to its relevance. Thanks.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
trackwhack,

give us some time to digest the info and we will get back to you and we can do the re-organization. thanks for taking the trouble.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Aren't all those topics already there? I agree they should be made sticky that would avoid a lot of new topics on the same issue.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I agree .. but stickies would be effective only when people stick to them :) They (we) usually don't :p
And we also shouldn't have too many stickies or try to stuff everything into one or the other sticky.

Regards,
Virendra

trackwhack

Thanks for your time DD

Hi GK and Virendra, Apologies, I should have been a little more elaborate -
1) Most of those threads already exist yes, just that information seems broken and duplicated. This makes it hard to sort through information when searching for something
2) Yes, stickies would be effective only if people stuck to them. We could consider driving this section primarily through stickies. If a regular post is opened that should be in one of the stickies, a moderator could merge that content in. Else the new post could be as is. If a new development requires a new sticky, members could request for it on the General sticy request thread and moderators could decide if it warrants one.

There are I am sure holes in my argument. I am sure the mods will use their better judgement. Cheers :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles