Republic day Parade 2012

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I have the best seats in town, the jets fly right above my house :D !
Nice! where do ya live anyways?
I Always work on republic day(though this yr i ain't gonna be in the city) just because the terrace of the office has a ringside view of the flypast, got to watch the flypast with one of Boeing India's top people last yr.
Always know the exact timings of the flypast thanks to the air force observation team we always host on our terrace.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

A National Security Guard (NSG) commando uses an optic to keep vigil during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day parade in New Delhi January 23, 2012. India will celebrate its Republic Day on Thursday.

Indian Special Forces Commandos march down Rajpath during the final full dress rehearsal for the Indian Republic Day parade in New Delhi on January 23, 2012. India will celebrate its 63rd Republic Day on January 26 with a large military parade, with Thailand's Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra being the chief guest of the event.

Indian soldiers specially trained to guard the disputed Siachen Glacier, take part in the completely dressed rehearsal of the Republic Day parade in Kolkata on January 22, 2012.

An Indian Sikh school boy handles an 84mm rocket launcher during an Army Mela (fair) and exhibition at Khasa, some 15 kms from Amritsar, on January 23, 2012. The Army Mela (fair ), organised by the Flaming Arrows Brigade, displayed weapons and military equipment to civilian visitors of the event.

Posted in MP.net

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldiers ride their camels during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day parade in New Delhi January 23, 2012. India will celebrate its Republic Day on Thursday. REUTERS/B Mathur (INDIA - Tags: ANNIVERSARY MILITARY ANIMALS)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It was wonderful to see the first Republic Day parade.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
who all are going to parade besides me ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
who all are going to parade besides me ?
In case if anyone is interested in buying passes.

Sale of tickets for Republic Day Parade and Beating Retreat to start from 07 January

In order to facilitate the general public to witness the Republic Day Parade at Rajpath and Beating Retreat Ceremony at Vijay Chowk, the sale of tickets will open on Thursday, January 07, 2010 and will continue till January 28, 2010.

The price of tickets for the Republic Day Parade on 26th January 2010 will be Rs. 300/- and Rs 150/- for reserved seats and Rs. 50/- and Rs. 10/- for unreserved seats. The tickets for the Beating Retreat Ceremony (Full Dress Rehearsal) on 28th January 2010 will be in the category of Rs. 50/- and Rs. 20/- respectively and will not have reserved seats.

The non-department sale counters have been set up for this purpose at ITDC Travel Counters at Ashok and Janpath Hotels, DTDC Counters at Coffee Home, Baba Kharag Singh Marg and Food and Craft Bazar, Dilli Haat, opposite INA Market and Shri Gandhi Ashram, Chandni Chowk. Tickets at these counters will be available only on working days.

Tickets will also be available at nine Departmental Sale Counters on all days between 1000 – 1730 hrs (without lunch break). These counters are located at North Block round about, South Block round about, Pragati Maidan (Gate No. 1, Bhairon Road), Jantar Mantar (Main Gate), Shastri Bhawan (near Gate No. 1), India Gate (near Jamnagar House), Red Fort (near police picket) and Parliament House (Reception Office). The tickets at Parliament House Reception will be available from January 19 to January 28, 2010 from 1100 hrs to 1600 hrs (Saturday/Sunday/Holiday closed). The tickets are also available at Government of India Tourist Office, 88, Janpath (Sunday closed).

The Sale Counters at Jantar Mantar, South Block round about, Shashtri Bhawan (near Gate No. 1) and India Gate will function from 1000 hrs to 1930 hrs from January 23 to January 25, 2010.

For further details, if any, please contact Shri DS Parihar, Officer on Special Duty (Sale of Tickets & Printing), Room No. B-26, near Gate No. 9, South Block, New Delhi – 110011, Telephone No. 2301 6266.

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
To me its from CSD..

I have Timex Iron man, And who like other can purchase..

I think i have seen it in CSD too..

Blackwater

To me its from CSD..

I have Timex Iron man, And who like other can purchase..

I think i have seen it in CSD too..

CSD means army canteen ? right?

So CASIO Pro teck watches are available in army canteen???

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
security is very tight in capital, at central Delhi, para military is posted at few meters, armed with INSAS, with power to shoot (special permission order from MM is issued to them), i have seen this only with personals deploy in PM's security earlier.

Blackwater

Thanks for the name Casio, Casio watches are there just like that one..
I recon the watch coz i have the same. It's called CASIO PRO-TREK. These watches has very low maintainence and they are all whether.

These watches have

Solar charging(no need to change batteries)
Digital compass
Thermometer
Tachometer
Altimeter

besides time lolllllllllllllll

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
security is very tight in capital, at central Delhi, para military is posted at few meters, armed with INSAS, with power to shoot (special permission order from MM is issued to them), i have seen this only with personals deploy in PM's security earlier.
yes i saw them in army uniform near a barracade besides claridges hotel

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I recon the watch coz i have the same. It's called CASIO PRO-TREK. These watches has very low maintainence and they are all whether.

These watches have

Solar charging(no need to change batteries)

Digital compass
Thermometer
Tachometer
Altimeter

besides time lolllllllllllllll

I have never seen this in Casio showroom, how much does this cost in India?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles