Republic Day - 2017

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
While the parades are excellent, our flypasts always suck!! We need to get more of the fighters in the air and in quick time. There should be aircraft leaving a trail of Indian colors too.

Check this out and see the difference. Why can't we do something like this?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Heights was during the broadcast at the beginning when all the ex- presidents tenures were being read out, they were being read out as scholar, educationist, freedom fighter or statesman. When it came to Pratibha patil, she was introduced a first female president ( as if she has no other qualification other than being female ).

AnantS

Country flag
Cant govt hire some good musicians for the Jhanki themes? The Jhankis themselves seems planned in rush. The execution needs to be polished. The sound system needs to be good and please hire some good musicians. Most music reminds me of DD theme music in early 90s. Seriously, does DD send their trainees to shoot R Day parade? Silly camera angles, which gives an impression as if the camera guys are basically wedding video graphers hired on contract!

Last edited:

here2where

Agreed its not a condolence meeting and maybe its a protocol thing, but can't the PM stand up when the widow came up to receive the Ashok Chakra award on behalf of her dead warrior husband?

And its about bloody time we do away with those clowns hanging all over their enfield bikes showing off dangerous riding. Its so juvenile, especially for a country projecting itself into the top club of nations. This time there was even a wheelie, pathetic.

mayfair

If I were in place of PM/DM, I would have stood up to offer my respect and condolences to the widow of the Veer Havildar Hangpang Dada. It's the same story year after year, regardless of who is the PM/RM.
Actually the PM did go and greet Smt. Chasen Lowang, he greeted her with a namaste and spoke to her briefly while bowing twice. See this video at ~57:34

Seems to be only dignitary who did so, at least on live TV.

That's admirable. I wonder if our past PMs did the same, there must be videos out there.

Last edited:

Akshay_Fenix

The PM is not supposed to stand when the Supreme Commander is giving out awards. Disrespectful and Takes the focus away.
After all the PM is only a public servant of the people.

Stop being so dramatic.

The dare devil stunts are for the kids watching the parade.
Stop acting like PETA people, if you don't like something you have the option of not watching it.

pmaitra

Happy and Belated Republic Day 2017.

Saw a concise version of the parade:
  • Liked the Parachute Regiment, French Contingent, and NCC cadets.
  • Did not like the absence of the Arjun Tank.

alphacentury

Country flag
Heights was during the broadcast at the beginning when all the ex- presidents tenures were being read out, they were being read out as scholar, educationist, freedom fighter or statesman. When it came to Pratibha patil, she was introduced a first female president ( as if she has no other qualification other than being female ).
Well, she doesnt. She was cook/care taker of owl baba, some where I read.

alphacentury

Country flag
And its about bloody time we do away with those clowns hanging all over their enfield bikes showing off dangerous riding. Its so juvenile, especially for a country projecting itself into the top club of nations. This time there was even a wheelie, pathetic.

If I want to watch all that, I will go to a circus. We should be done with it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles