Republic Day - 2017

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

We are all equal children before our mother;
And our motherland asks each of us in whatever role we play;
To do our duty;
With integrity, commitment and unflinching loyalty;
To the values enshrined in our Constitution.

Jai Hind!

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I wish you all very Happy Republic Day.

May our dearest Tirangaa fly proudly over our motherland for ever.

On this day,before commencing the parade at Rajpath,Our Jawans give tribute to their lost brethren who did ultimate sacrifices for Bharat maata.

May their souls rest in peace.Their 'Balidaan' inspire us to value this land more than anything else and when situation arises one should act courageously for betterment of this land and her people.

Jai Hind...Vande Mataram...

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
mere dhol siphaiya tennu rab diya rakha .. :p steal all paki jazba e marad :D

Gantantra diwas ki hardik shubhkam nayein

Bharat mata ki Jai
Jai Hind!

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
There was a contingent of the UAE Union Defense forces

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
I got a feeling that the UAE contingent went into orgasmic ecstasy on watching those brightly and crisply attired camels walk past.
I can say H.H. Mohammed Zyead al nahiyan was shocked to see the BSF camel band

mayfair

If I were in place of PM/DM, I would have stood up to offer my respect and condolences to the widow of the Veer Havildar Hangpang Dada. It's the same story year after year, regardless of who is the PM/RM.

More surprisingly, even the service chiefs appear apathetic.

Is there some bloody protocol responsible for this seemingly insensitive and apathetic behaviour?

Kya desh ke liye balidaan dene waale veer ko shraddhanjali dene mein kuchh ghat jaayega?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
On gallantry list: Army men who carried out LoC surgical strikes

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...who-carried-out-loc-surgical-strikes-4492000/

Nineteen personnel of two Special Forces (SF) battalions which carried out surgical strikes along the Line of Control (LoC) last September were decorated Wednesday with gallantry awards, including a Kirti Chakra and five Shaurya Chakra, on the eve of the Republic Day.

Departing from practice, the Army did not release the citations for the acts that got the honours — the operation has remained classified till date.

Major Rohit Suri of 4 Para SF was awarded the Kirti Chakra while Colonel Kapil Yadav, Commanding Officer of 9 Para SF, and Colonel Harpreet Sandhu, Commanding Officer of 4 Para SF, were awarded the Yudh Seva Medal for the operation.

The list of awards for these two units includes a Kirti Chakra, India’s second highest peacetime gallantry award after the Ashok Chakra, five Shaurya Chakra, the third highest peacetime gallantry award, and 13 Sena Medal for gallantry.

Besides these awards, 12 men from these units have been given Mention in Despatches which is meant to recognise distinguished and meritorious service in operational areas and acts of gallantry.

The Army did not release the citations of the awarded personnel. An official source said: “Every citation contains the description of the qualifying act, and putting that out will let everything be known about the operation, including tactics. Special Forces operations have to be kept secret. We also did not release citations for gallantry awards after the operations in Myanmar in 2015.”

The two SF battalions are also deployed for counter-insurgency duties in Jammu and Kashmir and some of the awards to the personnel could possibly be for operations against terrorists. But official sources confirmed that the bulk of the awards to 4 Para SF and 9 Para SF in the list are for the surgical strikes.

The two units struck at terror launch pads along the LoC on September 29 last year, in response to a terror attack on the Uri Army camp on September 18, which led to the death of 19 Army soldiers.

Deviating from past practice about LoC operations, the government publicly announced that surgical strikes had been successfully conducted though it did not give out operational details. No photograph or video of the operation, in which seven terror launch pads were reportedly destroyed, have been released till date.

alphacentury

Country flag
Never got the point of jhankis. I mean maybe it had utility inthe 90s. Its just I dont get who are the target audience. For ex, a jhanki of navy with mock ups, saying security/development of IOR, no shit, I thought you were in mail delivering department. I would rather have a 2-3 min video of some premiere warship hoisting tricolor, firing some guns , the commander giving some message you know the usual stuff. It will be more viral and people will watch it. The military parade is too short and all ministry ,university and other jhankis make it too long and boring for me.

Not to mention the 240p DD cameras.:facepalm:

Pandora

Country flag
How to post flypast video here,a friend of mine sent me on mobile,he took from his rooftop.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles