Report: Special Forces unit tried to erase bikini video involvement

blueblood

As word spread about a risqué web video — starring bikini-clad women and filmed on an Army base — the Special Forces unit involved scrambled to erase all reference to their participation, according to documents obtained by Army Times.

"What's done is done, however, we need to remove units and names," wrote an unidentified person in an email released as part of a Freedom of Information Act request for the Utah National Guard's investigation into the incident. "I am sure they will understand the negative feedback we are getting from the 'Behind the Scenes' footage, none of which puts SF in a favorable light with wives, mothers, etc., if the [unit's inclusion in the video] credits are not dropped."

VIDEO IN QUESTION

NSFW

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Some here have a problem when Indian SF take pictures of each other or pose for one. :rolleyes: Will wait for the first guy to enlighten me how unprofessional losers these 19th Special Forces Group, Green Berets are. It's not like they are good at what they do, right?

@ghost, @ALBY, @boris, @abingdonboy and others

Last edited by a moderator:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Re: Report: Special Forces unit tried to erase bikini video involvemen

As word spread about a risqué web video — starring bikini-clad women and filmed on an Army base — the Special Forces unit involved scrambled to erase all reference to their participation, according to documents obtained by Army Times.

"What's done is done, however, we need to remove units and names," wrote an unidentified person in an email released as part of a Freedom of Information Act request for the Utah National Guard's investigation into the incident. "I am sure they will understand the negative feedback we are getting from the 'Behind the Scenes' footage, none of which puts SF in a favorable light with wives, mothers, etc., if the [unit's inclusion in the video] credits are not dropped."

VIDEO IN QUESTION

NSFW

Some here have a problem when Indian SF take pictures of each other or pose for one. :rolleyes: Will wait for the first guy to enlighten me how unprofessional losers these 19th Special Forces Group, Green Berets are. It's not like they are good at what they do, right?

This is incredibly unprofessional also, I don't see how this disproves what I said?

blueblood

I don't see how this disproves what I said?
Not talking about you dude.

Yes, this is what unprofessional looks like, not the operators posing for pics. Nevertheless, it still won't change the fact that Green Berets are some of the finest SF operators in the world. The reason for posting this that smiling in front of a camera won't make or break any operator, won't change the fact he is a highly trained and capable professional who will do exactly what he is supposed to do when ordered.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Not talking about you dude.

Yes, this is what unprofessional looks like, not the operators posing for pics. Nevertheless, it still won't change the fact that Green Berets are some of the finest SF operators in the world. The reason for posting this that smiling in front of a camera won't make or break any operator, won't change the fact he is a highly trained and capable professional who will do exactly what he is supposed to do when ordered.
Green Berets were known as America's "silent professionals" once upon a time. I'm sure they are fine soldiers but this does detract from their professionalism, they really should know better.

blueblood

Green Berets were known as America's "silent professionals" once upon a time. I'm sure they are fine soldiers but this does detract from their professionalism, they really should know better.
Different people belonging to different generations. Silent professionals were the baby boomers, grew up with parents who participated in WW2, saw the horrors firsthand. This my friend is the internet and selfie generation whether its there or here.

"Change is the only constant in life."

abingdonboy

Country flag

Different people belonging to different generations. Silent professionals were the baby boomers, grew up with parents who participated in WW2, saw the horrors firsthand. This my friend is the internet and selfie generation whether its there or here.

"Change is the only constant in life."
Very good points all round brother but I still think that the most elite units need to demonstrate more discipline than this. These guys are meant to be the elite of the elite- time to start acting like it (same goes for all those SEALS trying to get rich by disclosing classified information).

ghost

VIDEO IN QUESTION

Sir,

First of all let me make it clear to you that I have never stated anything negative regarding Indian SF getting themselves clicked.Some try to judge the warrior or fighting spirit of the SF operators who like to pose for photos,but I don't .As long as SF operators are not required to keep their identity secret ;I don't see any harm in posing .If they are having fun in posing there is nothing wrong in it as the same men will fight with everything they got when the time comes.No one can question the credibility of US sf,they are among the best in world but still they are the one who you will find posing for photos the most,that does not make them any less of a warrior in battlefield.All this is part of fun and fun is important for healthy mind and healthy body.

We often forget these are men at the end, plus being in a sf gives them an additional attitude ,so what's wrong if they try to act cool and show off ;unless they are breaking some oath of secrecy rule set up for their unit.Regarding it being related to professionalism although officially some act can be considered unprofessional but in reality it is how SF members have fun.I don't know about Indian SF but US navy seals do a hell lot of things which are considered unprofessional but they do it in their free time"fun time" .Recently I had read a book by an ex seal team six member if you go by the fun incident mentioned by him in it you may call the navy seal no 1 unprofessional ,but does it make them?no!We can judge professionalism only by the efficiency with which they carry out the task given to them. In that book there were incident right from running naked after getting drunk,to beating police officers ,bashing some civilians after road rage and then stealing their clothes and driving away forcing them to walk naked on road etc etc,and these incident were not limited to US but also to some foreign bases where they were deployed. He had stated that their commander had told them "hit hard run fast" so do whatever you do but don't get caught.Doing weird things for fun or be it posing for photos does not reflect upon the warrior in them. Of course whatever I have said about being able to do certain things to have some fun is "officially" unprofessional but only " officially".

Regarding above video only thing bad about it is that they got caught .

Now here are few photos of navy seal posing I don't see anything wrong in it,most of these seal died in battlefield ,one man whom you can see in most of these photo is Mike Murphy (short man with beard at the back in first photo) he received a medal of honour for his bravery in battlefield .

Here are few SAS member posing

Us delta force

All the above are among the best sf unit in the world,their posing for camera does not relate to the efficiency of their work.All the SF operators are well aware of their limits and secret which should not be revealed.It is best to leave it to them what they want to share in public and what not.In India people were not used to sf posing for photos but since garud started it and they being a relatively younger force without any credible battle honour people started making fun of them,I am sure when time will come they will prove themselves in the battlefield. Moreover I think it is good as these photos create interest in our general population specially our younger generation and many are motivated to join SF.

PS:I have never believed and never would that you can judge a soldier in a battle field by what he does outside the battlefield,moreover SF are supposed to be the" bad boys" of forces this only add to their charm ,flamboyance,style,cool factor.

blueblood

Sir,

First of all let me make it clear to you that I have never stated anything negative regarding Indian SF getting themselves clicked.Some try to judge the warrior or fighting spirit of the SF operators who like to pose for photos,but I don't .As long as SF operators are not required to keep their identity secret ;I don't see any harm in posing .
Not talking about you either mate. It just dawned on me that I'll never ever be a writer. I cannot even convey message on an internet forum. :fp:

Members I tagged have agreed with me on this issue in the past and you just validated me. "Judging a book by it's cover" does even begin to cover the fallacies of the argument "He just posed for a picture so he is not a good operator".

Global Defence

New threads

Articles