Replica of Austrian village built in Guangdong

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
The Angkor Wat is itself an example of Indic architecture. Copying the Angkor Wat can't be compared with Asian countries copying Western architecture.
So what if it's Indian architecture? It's like Iran making a bigger copy of the Taj Mahal.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
And there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
There shouldn't be something wrong with China copying an Austrian village either then. Even if it's not a part of their architecture or heritage.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
There shouldn't be something wrong with China copying an Austrian village either then. Even if it's not a part of their architecture or heritage.
You're right, there isn't anything wrong with China copying an Austrian village if the Chinese themselves find the style of architecture appealing. They would not be the first to do so, nor the last.

SLASH

There is nothing wrong in learning and using languages, religion, culture and architecture of other countries. Similar type of architecture is being copied in India as as well.

amoy

Really? In China? So Hanization is a myth and the cultural revolution was just a fable?
Sir, the exchanges have been always two-way , other cultures or ethnicity assimilating Han and Han exporting theirs, throughout the history, Han itself is a fusion of all kinds, so there're Hokkienese Cantonese, Hakka and so on, distinctively different sometimes. Chinese simply don't bother to make life more complicated so we make do with a Han umbrella.

Cultural Revolution was a fiasco but every cloud has a silver lining. Off topic though.

Why Japanese women? No idea as that saying is older than me.

Back to Chinese copying western architectural styles, on local campus

A combination of both Chinese and western styles in 1910's. Chinese are great learners aren't we?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You're right, there isn't anything wrong with China copying an Austrian village if the Chinese themselves find the style of architecture appealing. They would not be the first to do so, nor the last.
Personally, I find Chinese architecture fascinating.

I feel disappointed when the Chinese who tomtom their culture and heritage, which is fascinating (beyond the stupidity of the Chinese Communists), sell their souls for money or to prove themselves to the Westerners that they are equal to them and can even best them.

As I see it, who cares what the West does?

China its architecture and heritage has enough to prove that they are no less and maybe even better.

They demolished their lovely hutongs, which is a part of the heritage, to show off during the Olympic Games that China has arrived!

For money and tourism, they are selling their souls.

Sell if you wish for money.

But then shut up and stop talking Big!

But then they love money.

For that they can sell their souls and heritage and have a forked tongue like a snake!

Sad!

Last edited:

trackwhack

Sir, the exchanges have been always two-way , other cultures or ethnicity assimilating Han and Han exporting theirs, throughout the history, Han itself is a fusion of all kinds, so there're Hokkienese Cantonese, Hakka and so on, distinctively different sometimes. Chinese simply don't bother to make life more complicated so we make do with a Han umbrella.

Cultural Revolution was a fiasco but every cloud has a silver lining. Off topic though.

Why Japanese women? No idea as that saying is older than me.

Back to Chinese copying western architectural styles, on local campus

A combination of both Chinese and western styles in 1910's. Chinese are great learners aren't we?
My point is pluralism in unity sounds a tad hypocritical considering China's Mao and since era. I wonder if this came from the ccp.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles