RENAME OF DRDO

I strongly propose the re-name of DRDO organization. This has come to my mind in view of difficulty of DRDO in achieving technical capabilities in developing indigenous state-of-the-art technologies. Each Indian has lot of believes and trust on DRDO. I know that DRDO has made many technology achievements, but still, we are far behind schedules and as well as accurate technology achievements.

I believe that if the name of DRDO changed, they may be a new spirits arise in DRDO that can lead a speedy developments of different prototypes.

Kindly support me in changing the name of DRDO to IDRO (Indian Defense Research Organization).

It may looks similar ISRO even though, we have been seeing how ISRO has made lot of achievements with state-of-the-art technologies.

Capricorn

Country flag
I strongly propose the re-name of DRDO organization. This has come to my mind in view of difficulty of DRDO in achieving technical capabilities in developing indigenous state-of-the-art technologies. Each Indian has lot of believes and trust on DRDO. I know that DRDO has made many technology achievements, but still, we are far behind schedules and as well as accurate technology achievements.

I believe that if the name of DRDO changed, they may be a new spirits arise in DRDO that can lead a speedy developments of different prototypes.

Kindly support me in changing the name of DRDO to IDRO (Indian Defense Research Organization).

It may looks similar ISRO even though, we have been seeing how ISRO has made lot of achievements with state-of-the-art technologies.
Excellent !

These thoughts are so much in line with our illustrious leaders who Changed Bombay to Mumbai, Calcutta to Kolkatta, Bangalore to Bangluru.

Such changes serve to give the illusion of improvement while nothing happens on the ground !

If you call DRDO - NASA will its functioning / output improve ?

If names could change things I recommend India to be called USA !!

rockey 71

What's in a name, asked Shakespeare. As long as DRDO remains a civilian organization it will also behave civilian - lethargic, complicated, garrulous, etc

rockey 71

What is Bangladesh's equivalent of DRDO?
1.No exact equivalent really. But we have arms, ammo and military eqpt factories all directly under the army. And we run them quite efficiently. For instance our lone ammo factory rolls out almost equal number of SA ammo that all your factories produce.
2. In Pakistan defense related factories are under serving military officers. The end users are directly involved in the production. Civilians work as scientists and babus.

I suggest to change your name.Atleast it would help you in creating better threads.
Dear
Whats wrong in my thread? What you are going to suggest?. I suppose that you might be thinking that this thread made in view of astrology. But, its absolutely wrong. There are some instances happens like this. Not only India, even developed countries believes it.

As an Indian, is there any wrong in my wish that the name of DRDO has to be changed

I suggested the re-name of DRDO to look the development in similar to ISRO.

I would like to see the ISRO - IDRO equivalent and superiors technological achievements

Last edited:
Excellent !

These thoughts are so much in line with our illustrious leaders who Changed Bombay to Mumbai, Calcutta to Kolkatta, Bangalore to Bangluru.

Such changes serve to give the illusion of improvement while nothing happens on the ground !

If you call DRDO - NASA will its functioning / output improve ?

If names could change things I recommend India to be called USA !!
Mr.
Please remember, India never wants to be a USA. Indeed, they want us.

What's in a name, asked Shakespeare. As long as DRDO remains a civilian organization it will also behave civilian - lethargic, complicated, garrulous, etc
Pakistan is aiming only at production of weaponry. But we are aiming in terms of technology. We also have ample of production systems. But, we want become a superior in technology aspects.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@vidya Sagar Chinatpudi

only four posts old you wish to rename DRDO ? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .... good thoughts man..:hail:

Firstly, Vidya Sagar ( Ocean of Learning) can not be Chintalapudi ( perpetual worried man) so first change you pseudonym..:scared2:

I have a suggestion for their new name which is quite popular not only in DFI but on all over the internet .. Do you know it ...Ha Ha Ha ..:laugh:

But I did not invent it .. it was already there invented by some wise Guru... I follow the Gurus ...:yo:

power_monger

Country flag
Dear
Whats wrong in my thread? What you are going to suggest?. I suppose that you might be thinking that this thread made in view of astrology. But, its absolutely wrong. There are some instances happens like this. Not only India, even developed countries believes it.

As an Indian, is there any wrong in my wish that the name of DRDO has to be changed

I would like to see the ISRO - IDRO equivalent and superiors technological achievements
Intially when i read this thread,i thought you are suggesting to Split various divisions of DRDO which is still ok. Some divisions of DRDO are doing well and some others are pulling it completely down. Name change without Attitude change is not worth anything. BTW,do remember Name change leads to huge cost. You need to re-advertise your brand and you end up loosing lot of money which exactly DRDO cannot afford to.

The enlightened

1.No exact equivalent really. But we have arms, ammo and military eqpt factories all directly under the army. And we run them quite efficiently. For instance our lone ammo factory rolls out almost equal number of SA ammo that all your factories produce.
Thats an equivalent to our OFB's if at all. I meant R&D organization. And what is SA ammo?

aliyah

how abut the name Congress (that dont do anything but somehow things get done)

rockey 71

Thats an equivalent to our OFB's if at all. I meant R&D organization. And what is SA ammo?
SA ammo is small arms ammunition. Our scope is too small for a dedicated R&D. So far we are happy to get help in this from the Chinese.

manindra

Country flag
What do achieved by change of Name ?
Why not work structure ?
DRDO should barred from development of project & only focus on develop technology like Carbon Fibre, critical alloys, advance fuel injection technology like that.
OFB should be disbanded & absorbed in existing company.
Like Heavy Vehicle Factory & Vehicle Factory Jabalpur should be merged with BEML
Gun Carriage Factory & Small Arms Factory should be merged with separate companies.
ADA should be merged with HAL & all aircraft development should be done by HAL not by DRDO.
Same Missile Development should be done by BDL.

Its like DRDO develop the product but didn't have expose in production & who produce who didn't know about development. There is no innovation.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Its real life dude, not some bollywood movie where changing name or adding extra alphabets does the trick:rofl::rofl:

archie

Country flag
Its Dr.DO who is not doing in certain fields in certain areas.. other than that its Really good

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles