Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pak proposes to India

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
if ants are poisonous, and if it can kill you or family members, Bazooka wouldnt be a bad option either....;-)
Remember we are sane, Blast effect will do harm as well..

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Ants too are dangerous. There is an ant species which eat everything ranging from a small insect to large sized jungle Buffalos in the African forest. They are very dangerous indeed.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Army ant

The name army ant (or legionary ant or "Marabunta") is applied to over 200 ant species, in different lineages, due to their aggressive predatory foraging groups, known as "raids", in which huge numbers of ants forage simultaneously over a certain area, attacking prey en masse.

Another shared feature is that, unlike most ant species, army ants do not construct permanent nests; an army ant colony moves almost incessantly over the time it exists. All species are members of the true ant family, Formicidae, but there are several groups that have independently evolved the same basic behavioral and ecological syndrome. This syndrome is often referred to as "legionary behavior", and is an example of convergent evolution.

Most New World army ants belong to the subfamily Ecitoninae which contains the two groups, the Cheliomyrmecini and Ecitonini. The former contains only the genus Cheliomyrmex whereas the latter Ecitonini contains four genera, Neivamyrmex, Nomamyrmex, Labidus, and Eciton. The largest genus is Neivamyrmex which contains more than 120 species. But the most predominant species is Eciton burchellii of the genus Eciton; its common name "army ant" is considered to be the archetype of the species. Old World army ants are divided between Aenictini and Dorylini. The Aenictini contains more than 50 species of army ant in the single genus, Aenictus. However the Dorylini contains the Dorylus, these are the most aggressive species of driver ants, there are 60 species known.

Originally the Old World and New World lineages of Army Ant were thought to have evolved independently, an example of convergent evolution. However in 2003, genetic analysis of various species suggest that they all evolved from a single common ancestor which lived approximately 100 million years ago at the time of the separation of the continents of Africa and America. Army ant taxonomy remains ever-changing, and genetic analysis will continue to provide more information about the relatedness of the various species.

debasree

Country flag
Guys they are in mess ,most of their assets in west to counter talibans or home grown terrorist so they give this proposal ,dont fall in the trap,who will gurantee after that they will not try kargil type intrusion

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Well read most of the comments.
Here is my Chawani:

Pakistan is afraid of the new strategy of India called "Cold Start" which envisages that Indian Battle Groups of divisional size forces will cross the LC and International border as early ad 24 - 48 hours. Due to their CI Commitments, Pakistani Army have moved up to two division and seven brigade size forces away from the Eastern front. The defences on LC and availability of reserves is bound to get effected.

In any conflict scenario with Pakistan, it would start from LC in J&K due to it being a disputed territory. It is in J&K that any side would retain the captured territory for the keep.
With the new development on the Western borders of Pakistan, their Quetta Corps may no langer be available for operations on Eastern front.

So what is the best way to ensure that Indians do not launch surprise attacks of Cold start or even if they launch an attack, Pakistan Army has sufficient time to move from West to East? The best way is to ask Indians to move their Guns 30 km inside ( it would take a day to deploy Guns 30 km away) and also make the guns vulnerable to interdiction.

This proposal of Pakistan is "Chatak" in nature and they wish to negate cold start with this simple move. Too smarties !! This also reflects how shit scared are they specially now that they have taken warlike stand against USA.

What should India ask For in return:
@ Hand over 42 named accused to India for trial.
@ Dismantle all terrorist camps within 100 km of LC and Punjab border.
@ Remove all Chinese from POK.

This is minimum !!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What a simple method of killing Cold start doctrine !!

It would be foolish on the part of the govt to accept it unless they first provide 3000 Chinook to Army to lift up guns and place those in Gun areas in a matter of hours.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It would be foolish on the part of the govt to accept it unless they first provide 3000 Chinook to Army to lift up guns and place those in Gun areas in a matter of hours.
Even MI-26 cannot do that..

These guns are placed by assembling them at operational theater..

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Its worth a try for Pakistan since they have now consolidated their positions, bunkers and terrorist camps along LOC and IB during this stupid ceasefire. Before ceasefire InA was targeting these camps with artillery very precisely.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Stop sending terrorists, will pull back guns: India to Pak

India will consider the Pakistani proposal to withdraw heavy artilleries from the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, only if Pakistan stops cross-border infiltration bids.

The Pakistani proposal to pull back artillery pieces of above 120 mm calibre by 30 km from the LoC and the Indian response came during the two-day Indo-Pakistan conventional and nuclear CBMs dialogue that began in Islamabad on Monday.
Government sources said the Pakistani side, led by Munawar Saeed Bhatti, additional secretary in the foreign ministry, made the proposal to his Indian counterpart, Yash Sinha, to strengthen the 2003 ceasefire agreement.

But the Indian concern is if it pulls back its 130-mm and 155-mm Bofors artillery guns by 30 km, it will not be able to target the terrorist launch-pads across the LoC in Pakistan occupied Kashmir, as the field guns have a maximum range of 27-28 km with normal-range shells.

The artilleries also act as a deterrent against any Pakistani army adventure.

During discussions with joint secretary DB Venkatesh Varma on nuclear CBMs, Bhatti expressed concern over the threat posed by India's nuclear and conventional arsenal to Pakistani capital Islamabad and indicated that there should be a broad parity in nuclear deterrence.

But New Delhi stuck to the position that its military and nuclear posture was aimed at countering threats, not only from South Asia but also beyond -- especially China.

Besides, it said the linkages between Pakistan and China through PoK meant that India had to be prepared for the two-front situation.

The two sides, however, extended two key agreements on the notification of ballistic missiles testing and reducing the risk of accidents related to nuclear weapons by five years.

Stop sending terrorists, will pull back guns: India to Pak - Hindustan Times

Mikkis

There are many Indians who are a member of Pakistan defense forum, and i find them hard on us, In PDF Pakistanis are not so discriminatory after searching and reading the comments in the DFI. The comments here are very harsh and emotional. Those pakistanis who are member of this forum always told me about this and i find that is true.

@ Topic I think that is good for both of us. We dont have an y agreement like that so if we signed such then it will be real test for us.
I appreciate both sides, because i feel that the time is near for 3rd world war and it may come at year 2020 (analysis) after looking and searching the US policies in the south Asia and middle east and east Asia.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i feel that the time is near for 3rd world war and it may come at year 2020 (analysis) after looking and searching the US policies in the south Asia and middle east and east Asia.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many Indians who are a member of Pakistan defense forum, and i find them hard on us, In PDF Pakistanis are not so discriminatory after searching and reading the comments in the DFI. The comments here are very harsh and emotional. Those pakistanis who are member of this forum always told me about this and i find that is true.

@ Topic I think that is good for both of us. We dont have an y agreement like that so if we signed such then it will be real test for us.
I appreciate both sides, because i feel that the time is near for 3rd world war and it may come at year 2020 (analysis) after looking and searching the US policies in the south Asia and middle east and east Asia.
A penny for your thoughts.

The whole issue is the policy of a forum.

If one has a high post rate, it adds to the ads that are posted and so more revenue.

Controversies causes posts and hence revenue.

Sadly, DFI is not a votary of 'fights' to improve the post count and there are no ads here to add to the revenue accelerated by 'vicious' posts.

Hence, it is what it is!

Last edited:

ashicjose

sorry to tell you REMEMBER KARGIL you people are not trustworthy.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Stop sending terrorists, will pull back guns: India to Pak
But when do they ever admit that they send terrorists across, they only provide moral support !

Why did not India representative demand Hafiz Sayid or Dawood Ibrahim for trial?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I have seen enough of PDF and the forum seems to be simply a propoganda site where members are given a free hand and I can even name those members(starting by Jana who hates India by blood and Paki version of 50 cent)There are many false flaggers there, Pakis hiding behind Chinese flags is common there.The paki agenda revolves around proving India has no toilets, poorest,baniya, chanikya,yindoo,inciting hatred using religion , whether its Khalistan, Kashmir or anything else.Because of this there are many Indian members play down your propoganda by telling the truth but Pak has it's own version of truth.I have seen only few paki members who act rational there they are simply outnumbered by ultra-nationalist and trolls paki members.Almost all the Paki members are threatning about nuking India all the time just like their leaders.Pak has no religion or identity other than it's hatred towards India and that's what is keeping Pak alive and Pak traitor Army/ISI knows this and makes sure to incite hatred in paki awaam so that it can keep ruling by selling it's country to foreign powers.Terrorists meant to kill Indians are killing your own Paki muslims.
Agreed there, foreign powers were always able to destabalize this region historically.Those foreign powers need a slave in the form of "ally" to destabalize the region and Pakistan has literally voulntered to be an "ally" and see the long term result... 35,000 pakis dead,chaos,deaths,bomb blasts,drone attacks, sovereignty raped and now openely slaughtering Pak soldiers.US may pack it's bag and go to some other country but it would the region to suffer. You should learn from Afghanistan and Iraq.If there is an war in this region it would be because of Pak.
In urdu there is an saying... jo dusron ki kabr khodte hein, voh khud he usme dafan ho jate hein. Bangladesh is gone long ago,Balochistan is fermenting,FATA was never in your control and Sindh would like to be a seperate entity too.But no lesson is learnt by Pak as it keeps hitting on India whenever it gets a chance.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Ohh you enlightened soul from the "Land of Pure". Thank you for showing us Indians the right path, we are so bad, emotionally unstable. :rofl::rofl:

agentperry

someone needs to clarify:

equation one: you pull back your guns.
equation 2: massive plantation in no man's area along border.
equation 3: this area is infilteration prone.

from eq 1 2 3.

they think we are fools

Nagraj

well mate i guess the answer of ray sir should suffice. and we have lost too many precious lifves fighting useless wars imposed on us by pakistani generals. i hope for peace but then again wouldn't want to lose people. as for that other forum it's nothing more of a propaganda site. sry but i have difficulty tolerating any forum who has tolerant view on terrorism:tsk:

as for third world war mate pigs will fly first then a third world war will be caused by pakistan . a local war in indian subcontinent may be sadly yes but third world war u can keep dreaming .

i realize it's probably none of my business but there are some good pakistani posters as well. if they can somehow be conviced to post on the forum the discussion will become only richer. i dunno how the mgmt. will accomplish that. then again immature and vtriolic posts from any side dosn't add any real value.
A penny for your thoughts.

The whole issue is the policy of a forum.

If one has a high post rate, it adds to the ads that are posted and so more revenue.

Controversies causes posts and hence revenue.

Sadly, DFI is not a votary of 'fights' to improve the post count and there are no ads here to add to the revenue accelerated by 'vicious' posts.

Hence, it is what it is!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles