Remembering 9-11

Blackwater

I was in UK eating lunch in my university cafeteria. i saw on TV plane colliding i did't give much attention i thought its some kind of movie coming. When i went home after few hours, then i realized what happened.

All i can say. From 9/11 the world has suffered ,The only country Benefited is Parkistan from this. They managed to modernized there army after 9/11 despite of the fact they were involved indirectly

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You were in university with your uncle or someone?

Param

I was in third grade, in class.. All of a sudden my teacher's assistant talks to my teacher(about what happened). My teacher starts crying like crazy, she brings in a TV and sets it in the class. We all watched what happened and I think we watched the second plane hit the tower. All of us(students) didn't comprehend what was going on.. Everyone else was crying.:(
Third grade?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
9/11 this and 9/11 that....who cares ?

I for one don't...it has been overblown imo. Yes it happened and should be condemned but why bring it up year after year ? Its not like its the only terrorist attack.

Just last week we suffered another terrorist attack and news channels are filled with 9/11 that happened a decade ago.

Oracle

I was home, preparing to go to Bangalore to join the organization that offered me a job from campus placements. Alas! that was not to happen.

Oracle

This thread is basically to say how you remember it and where were you when this happened and what you thought of it.

The Truth is, i felt no remorse over the attacks, i was surprised, trilled and happy, like watching an Hollywood Disaster Movie unveil. :rolleyes:

I first saw the glimpse of that attack on a small TV on the road side, i think it was a barber shop! I was actually happy that it happened that America the great ego manic had a bloody nose, i was thrilled that USA which looks down on us was shown its own fragility in this mortal world. I did not know the cost of human life's and i neither did care about it. Although i disliked Islamist fanatics, i was no fan of arrogance and the West either.

Back then I was in my teens and they put me in a collage in bangalore and everything was new, i had no TV no home comforts and i shared a room with a Sardarji boy but since i was a BRite since 1998, i was very aware of what was happening in the world even when all this knowledge that comes to us through the net was very limited back then.

Today looking back the whole Iraq thing looks meaningless and we all have seen the competence and incompetence of USA, its limitations to fight an grueling guerrilla war and sustain its popularity back home. It looks like US has not learnt much about Guerrilla war since the Vietnam days. Today the Libya conflict shows how you should have delta with Dictators by merely supporting the Anti-Government forces inside a Nation, which seems the best option. That system does not bruise Egos or hurt the self-respect of the people and also seems to give an sense of ownership and accomplishment to the rebels who win the war against the Dictators.
This is shameful. How could you be happy with innocents dying in those terrorist attacks?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Are you addressing this to me.If yes, what u mean???
Yes addressed to you. The impression I got is you are a kid. If you say you were in university when 9/11 happened, makes you quite old.

Interesting!!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
xxxx
The Truth is, i felt no remorse over the attacks, i was surprised, trilled and happy, like watching an Hollywood Disaster Movie unveil. :rolleyes:
xxx
41 Indians were killed in the 9-11 attacks. I guess Indians naturally have no regard for their countrymen (never mind the other nationalities)? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised after all there are still 2 billion Indians left. Those 41 Indians murdered represents 41 less heads to strain the World's scarce resources? Is this it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles