Religious Forum Section now open on DFI

A.V.

Those old members will remember how good dfi HQ was so making this section good is no different

the section no tonly has religion it has mythology and culture too which can be good topics to discuss

JayATL

:) rage. See we already have a difference of opinion on it :) . to me as a Hindu , I felt it was grossly inappropriate to single out Muslims about this. Fact of the matter is in POOR COUNTRIES and neighborhoods is where such expansive families are born... it is not religion driven. how many well educated people you know that have 4 kids ( in terms of %) . anyways , let's not digress into that topic . sorry...

S.A.T.A

Religiosity affects various aspects of an individuals and by extension a nations life,political,social,cultural and spiritual.All the inflammatory exchanges are usually restricted to its political aspect,where the element of identity borne of our religious moorings dominates the dialogue.A such i doubt the attempt to separate political discussion that are tinged with the religious aspect,in the form of a religious forum,will be successful,but then no marks for not trying.

However if the purpose is to engage such discussion as "The Dwaita and Adwaita schools position on Atman(self), i doubt this will be busy forum....good luck

SHASH2K2

I hope we can have good discussion now. But I would request fellow members to desists from spewing venom against each others religion. Its not about what you say Its always how you say . so chose your words wisely .

A.V.

this will not end well.
you are not getting the idea its not a forum like any other section its premodded , like you post but you cannot see the post immediately , wait till some mod has verified it then it will show so its not a playfield for attacks or trolling

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
AV pre-modded or not.. it is subjected to bias either ways. Listen, DFI boasts that we are a strictly national-international defense forum. Then why are we having a religion section at all? This religion thing is a feature of Pakistani defense sites... NOT INDIAN/International. No other (except Israeli) has a religion section. Not European, not American, Not Russian and neither Chinese. How different are we in thinking from Pakistan if we have to keep a separate religion section?

I am strongly against making any even a tiny section for RELIGION in a professional defense forum like DFI. If there is any polling being done, I would like to register my vote AGAINST it.

warriorextreme

Country flag
AV pre-modded or not.. it is subjected to bias either ways. Listen, DFI boasts that we are a strictly national-international defense forum. Then why are we having a religion section at all? This religion thing is a feature of Pakistani defense sites... NOT INDIAN/International. No other (except Israeli) has a religion section. Not European, not American, Not Russian and neither Chinese. How different are we in thinking from Pakistan if we have to keep a separate religion section?

I am strongly against making any even a tiny section for RELIGION in a professional defense forum like DFI. If there is any polling being done, I would like to register my vote AGAINST it.
nice idea..
a poll on this is best

chex3009

Country flag
Even i would not like to see a religious forum on DFI, where trolls can write anything they want and have DFI just second to PDF. I am also against it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Count the number of threads that dwell on religion. Even politics of religion. Its quite a bit. Look at the number of threads that have degenerated. To prevent feeding trolls, flames, the section is pre moded. Intellectual posts relevant to the topic with appropriate credible source is what we will let through apart from a well thought out post with some good insight on the topic at hand. We never wanted religion based threads at all on the forum as we are a defence forum primarily. It was only after a lot of requests came that we allowed such discussions.

sandeepdg

Though I am not much a fan of religion based discussion, especially since this is a defense forum, but still its a good initiative by the mods. For quite some time, I have seen members getting very involved in religious discussions in threads that have nothing to do with religion at all. So every interested in such discussion can continue them in this thread and please don't spoil normal threads with crap.

S.A.T.A

Iam proposing all general-non military history topics be conveyed to the Religion|mythology\culture forum and henceforth be the place where such topics will be discussed,furthermore the moderator approved posts only policy needs to be relaxed,atleast on a study basis,because iam convinced that most of religion tinged inflammatory engagements happen on non religious topics.perhaps little more active live moderation is all that suffices....

A.V.

yes will try to move the non defence historical threads to mythology section and also as kunal said the indian forum section needs a neat look to it
thanks

Global Defence

New threads

Articles