Reliance ''Offer'' and my Reply

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Tarun it probably was a routine marketing effort. I dont think they will read or respond to your mail. Reliance is "chor" and everyone knows that.
Thanks for highlighting the treatment of consumers by Reliance. During my next visit to India, I will make sure not to buy a single item made by or sold by reliance walla.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Tarun it probably was a routine marketing effort. I dont think they will read or respond to your mail. Reliance is "chor" and everyone knows that.
It doesn't matter if they read it or not but future comsumers would think twice before choosing a company if it's not performing.It's pretty ok for tarun to vent out and provide Feedback for the services he paid but didn't get desired results.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Does anyone here use Netconnect+ dongle . . .

How much speed do u generally get on an average . . .

i have 3.1 mbps connection with 2GB cap . . .after that its supposed to 144 Kbps
Mine never exceeds 60kbps . . . (and 60 kbps is when i m still under that limit . . .which is just first 5 days of the billing month)

Generally the upper limit i c is 20-25 kbps . . .
i mean at this speed i assume the connection is fine

Is this normal ? ?

i know its fleecing . . . but is this the normal user expereince with Reliance

does anyone have any thing substantially better to recommend ? ? in Lucknow . . .
No upper limit on cost . . . . if i can get actual download speeds of 100+ kbps consistently ....and unlimited

Predator

well done tarunraju, i hope reliance learns something from their competitors. beam telecom should expand to other cities as well, 20 Mbps unlimited connection for Rs2500 is a great offer.

Predator

Does anyone here use Netconnect+ dongle . . .

How much speed do u generally get on an average . . .

i have 3.1 mbps connection with 2GB cap . . .after that its supposed to 144 Kbps
Mine never exceeds 60kbps . . . (and 60 kbps is when i m still under that limit . . .which is just first 5 days of the billing month)

Generally the upper limit i c is 20-25 kbps . . .
i mean at this speed i assume the connection is fine

Is this normal ? ?

i know its fleecing . . . but is this the normal user expereince with Reliance

does anyone have any thing substantially better to recommend ? ? in Lucknow . . .
No upper limit on cost . . . . if i can get actual download speeds of 100+ kbps consistently ....and unlimited
since its lucknow i think BSNL "BB Home Combo UL 900" pack is good for you, 4Mbps speed till 8GB after that speed reduces to 256Kbps for monthly cost of Rs900. If you want wireless connection then check BSNL EVDO plan. If you contact local BSNL exchange they will even give free demo of the EVDO connection.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Because someone has to write back. Otherwise everyone graciously accepts getting screwed over by Reliance.

Telling those rich kids from south Mumbai that I have an internet connection 4x as fast as theirs for 1/4th the price never gets old.
You don't know but People in South Mumbai can Enjoy 100 Mbps Connections and Both Mumbai companies Tata Communications and Reliance Communications owns Most of the World's Undersea Cable Lines. :taunt:

Anyways, I dumped Reliance after a Year then ordered a Tata Photon and the Customer Care told me there are 2 Supply Centers one in Charni Road and Other in Mira Road(outside of City). I was WTF?

Not a Single Center in the Place with the Highest Purchasing Power in the Country in the Western Suburbs not even at Worli-Dadar.

ani82v

Country flag
For 1000/-, in Bangalore you get 10 Mbps (cap 50 GB) then 512 kbps by ACT Broadband.

Aayush

Damn man,even Airtel gives 8 mbps for 2000,150 gb limit.
f |_| ( |< Reliance
I'm writing to Beam Telecom to come to Delhi/NCR if it already isn't.Man,20 mbps for 2500 is damn g00000000000d

Aayush

It is good to know that there are likeminded individuals who are willing to speak their mind. Don't they have a separate office in the central Government to look in to complaints where companies do not deliver what they promise. We need activist like you in India to kick these morons between their legs. May be you can create a separate website where every one put their grievances for every one to read before subscribing to the service of private companies.

You mentioned the speed of your service was not as per advertised. Can you tell me how I can measure the speed of my service as well in Canada?

Thank you.
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
:D

KS

Bye bye DFI
At an age when Americans are paying $25 a month for speeds like 80 Mbps unlimited
Not true afaik.

We pay $30 for 12 Mbps unlimited (Time warner) and Verizon is actually more costly than this,

sob

Mod
Country flag
By the way where is Tarunraju, haven't seen him around for quite some time.

Nagraj

Tanu if you want to take it a notch forward .
Write this email again then keep the newpapers and yv in cc :) post it on facebook and let it flow on twitter. you don't know this reply of your's might go viral :)
just saying.............
Because someone has to write back. Otherwise everyone graciously accepts getting screwed over by Reliance.

Telling those rich kids from south Mumbai that I have an internet connection 4x as fast as theirs for 1/4th the price never gets old.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles