Rehabilitate Muslims after verifying citizenship status, say Bodo groups

KS

Bye bye DFI
Assam violence: Rehabilitate Muslims after verifying citizenship status, say Bodo groups - India - Assam - ibnlive

Guwahati: Two Bodo groups including the National Democratic Front of Bodoland's (NDFB) pro-talk faction on Saturday demanded that the Assam government verify the citizenship status of the Bengali-speaking Muslims, displaced during last month's clashes, before rehabilitating them.

The pro-talk faction of the NDFB, also known as NDFB (Progressive) and People's Joint Action Committee for Bodoland Movement - a conglomeration of several Bodo and non-Bodo organisations in the Bodoland Territorial Areas District - also threatened to launch a vigorous movement if this is not done.

The NDFB pro-talk faction's secretary-general Gobinda Basumatary said they would not allow even a single displaced member of the community to enter the BTAD areas until their citizenship status is verified.

The outfit also appealed the Assam government to defer the process of rehabilitation of the displaced member of the Bengali-speaking Muslim settlers till the National Register of Citizens (NRC) is updated.

A total of 77 people were killed and over four lakh people were displaced in Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts after clashes broke between the Bodos and Bengali speaking Muslim settlers since July 19 this year.An estimated 2.5 lakh displaced Muslim migrants are now taking shelter in relief camps, mostly in Dhubri district bordering Bodo-dominated Kokrajhar district

"Let us assert that the Bodos will not allow the migrants to enter Bodoland as long as the government doesn't update the NRC by taking 1951 as the cut-off year and detect the foreigners," Basumatary said.

The NDFB is a rebel group that entered into a ceasefire with the government a few years back.

Basumatary also accused All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) chief Badaruddin Ajmal for playing communal politics and held him responsible for the ongoing attack on the students and people of the northeast in other states of the country, forcing mass exodus.

Basumatary said that Bodos would not allow Ajmal to enter BTAD areas in future.He also slammed the Centre and the state government in Assam for being soft towards Bangladeshis and said that Bodos are becoming minority in their own land losing their right over land and resources and the various governments have failed to do anything in this regard.

"This is one of the reasons for which the Bodos have been demanding a separate state for last 44 years," he said.
A good move. Hope the Bodos stand firm in their resolve.

ani82v

Country flag
It is surprising that they are the only group who have got it right but alas this proposal will never have Govt endorsement!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The suggestion is a non starter. The scumbags will give them Indian IDs and say they are Indians. Haraamkhoro ki kami nahi hai is desh mein.

KS

Bye bye DFI
The suggestion is a non starter. The scumbags will give them Indian IDs and say they are Indians. Haraamkhoro ki kami nahi hai is desh mein.
The Bodo groups are clear on that. Ration cards are NOT acceptable. The only document accepted as proof of their citizenship would be land records and they are much harder to forge than ration cards.

Moreover they want the NRC cut off date as 1951 and anyone who came to the areas after that will be considered a foreigner and not allowed into Bodoland.

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
Basumatary said that Bodos would not allow Ajmal to enter BTAD areas in future.He also slammed the Centre and the state government in Assam for being soft towards Bangladeshis and said that Bodos are becoming minority in their own land losing their right over land and resources and the various governments have failed to do anything in this regard.
Good on the Bodos, they are putting up a good fight for their Bodoland.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Bodo groups are clear on that. Ration cards are NOT acceptable. The only document accepted as proof of their citizenship would be land records and they are much harder to forge than ration cards.

Moreover they want the NRC cut off date as 1951 and anyone who came to the areas after that will be considered a foreigner and not allowed into Bodoland.
Land records????

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I mean land ownership documents, stamp papers, registration certificates..that stuff.
But not everyone may own land.

India is known for farmers not owning the lands they till.

KS

Bye bye DFI
But not everyone may own land.

India is known for farmers not owning the lands they till.
Yes its a combination of land records and names present in NRC with 1951 taken as the cut-off date.

I dont know the entire details of the process, but I believe this is a good beginning - provided the Bodos stand firm in their demands,

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes its a combination of land records and names present in NRC with 1951 taken as the cut-off date.

I dont know the entire details of the process, but I believe this is a good beginning - provided the Bodos stand firm in their demands,
With the Congress in both state and center? :facepalm:

I really doubt if this will be taken up. Loss of votebank. Congis will not do it.

KS

Bye bye DFI
With the Congress in both state and center? :facepalm:

I really doubt if this will be taken up. Loss of votebank. Congis will not do it.
I too fear that.

More riots in the future.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is time to do it all over the country and to also identify the Rohingyas brought in surreptitiously!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I too fear that.

I wonder if that will happen.

Muslims cannot forget Gujarat.

Modi can be blamed, but Modi alone cannot have done it himself, if there was not a real ground swell.

So, one has to be real careful.

The Parliament has spoken in one voice and I am sure they are aware that there is a ground swell that they want to avoid.

The Muslims also want to live!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I too fear that.

If there are, then the Congress can kiss goodbye in anointing Rahul as the PM!

Any lallu or even a donkey will win!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
A good move, no rehab should be done without verification. Exactly as I doubted BODOs rioted to make them homeless so that the illegals may be identified for deportation. Which radicals objected through Mumbai riots.

KS

Bye bye DFI
A good move, no rehab should be done without verification. Exactly as I doubted BODOs rioted to make them homeless so that the illegals may be identified for deportation. Which radicals objected through Mumbai riots.

I dont think so. The violence was spontaneous, after the killing of Bodo youth. Lets not subscribe to CTs

parijataka

Country flag
From what I read on net, trouble was brewing as Congress state govt was settlinbg illegals in Bodoland over period of time, then Bangladeshis are also reported to have started trouble. As per report in DNA 3 boatloads of Bangladeshis crossed over on July 20th night into Dhubri. Bodos are not the aggressors IMO.

SHURIDH

according to assam accord the cutt off year is 1971.
it is signed by assu and goi in 1985.
indian citizenship law also mention that.

so anyone even come assam between 1951 till 24th march 1971 is an indian citizen as per citizenship law and assam accord 1985.
doing indira mujib pact 1972 with bd by saying bd won't have any responsibility of population which is come india before 25th march 1971.
so you can't deport any east bengal origion people who come india before 25th march 1971 because of citizenship law,
indira mujib pact 1972,
assam accord 1985.
bodo leader forget that i think.
Agp,assu both agree the cut off time line as 1971.
btc and bodo people can't prevent them to settle legally who comes assam even between 1951-71.

but i think goi should impliment assam accord 1985 immidately
and deport whoever comes after 25th march 1971.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles