Red Flag 2016

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
A U.S. Air Force propulsion airman with the 354th Maintenance Squadron provides an overview of an F-16 engine here, May 10, 2016.

U.S. Air Force Senior Master Sgt. Doug Palmisano, a boom operator with the 909th Air Refueling squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan, refuels an aircraft while an Indian Air Force (IAF) airman watches during an incentive flight May 10, 2016, over the skies of Alaska. Ten IAF airmen were able to view U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft being refueled.

A U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon assigned to the 80th Fighter Squadron out of Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea, waits on the Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, flight line May 6, 2016, as an Indian air force Su-30 MKI aircraft taxis by after a RED FLAG-Alaska (RF-A) 16-1 mission.

A U.S. Navy EA-18G Growler assigned to Electronic Attack Squadron 137 out of Whidbey Island, Wash., taxis toward U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcons with the 80th Fighter Squadron from Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea, and F-15 Eagles out of Kadena Air Base, Japan, and Indian Air Force Jaguar aircraft from the 14th Squadron, Ambala Air Base, India, at the end of the Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, flight line May 5, 2016, during RED FLAG-Alaska (RF-A) 16-1.

sorcerer

Country flag
^^

In the closing address Col William Culver 354th Fighter Wing Vice Cdr said, "This was one of the best Red flags I has seen. I compliment the exceptional standards displayed by the IAF and am amazed to see all the 10 aircraft IAF had brought (4 Su30s, 4 Jaguars and 2 IL-78s) maintaining 100 percent serviceability for the entire four weeks and their aircraft flying on all days as per plan."
:india:

PaliwalWarrior

^^

In the closing address Col William Culver 354th Fighter Wing Vice Cdr said, "This was one of the best Red flags I has seen. I compliment the exceptional standards displayed by the IAF and am amazed to see all the 10 aircraft IAF had brought (4 Su30s, 4 Jaguars and 2 IL-78s) maintaining 100 percent serviceability for the entire four weeks and their aircraft flying on all days as per plan."
:india:

Ni shit ?

100% availability for 4 weeks that too and they su30mki

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ni shit ?

100% availability for 4 weeks that too and they su30mki
They are comparing it to the last time. One of the issues of 2008 redflag was serviceability, news reports suggesting that IAF was extra cautious at that time.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
are these jaguar pilots?
they are short,
is there height limitations on jaguar aircrafts.

Yes they are jaguar pilots.
Personally all fighter pilots i've seen in India seem to be compact and wiry. The average looks to be 170-175 cm and weigh 150-170 lbs. Exceptions are always there. AFAIK there is a range of acceptable heights for a fighter pilot, and it's mostly dictated by the ejection seat. People who are too tall or too short for the ejection seat don't get to sit in it. There may also be a physiological factor in high g loads - I believe it's considered that shorter people do better at that. I'm not sure why.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
An Indian Air Force Ilyushin Il-78MKI from No.78 Squadron 'Valorous MARS', takes off ahead of the main launch to provide mid-air refueling support for the Red Flag mission; at Eielson AFB.

The Sukhoi Su-30MKIs of 15 Squadron, Indian Air Force line up before taking the active Rwy 14 at Eielson AFB for Red Flag Alaska exercises.

The Alaskan Range standing tall over this Ilyushin IL-78MKI refueler from No.78 Squadron 'Valorous MARS', Indian Air Force - as it taxies out to Runway 32 at Eielson AFB ahead of the main launch to provide mid-air refueling support to the IAF fighters during a Red Flag mission.

United States Air Force, U.S. Navy and Indian Airforce fighter aircraft fly in formation during a training sortie in the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex during RED FLAG- Alaska (RF-A) 16-1 May 12, 2016, hosted at Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. :cool2: :cool2:

smestarz

Country flag
Seems the lady is getting more attention than others, I guess these mechanics have seen few american movies where there is naughty scene within few mins of meeting.. LOL just trying to lighten the things here, nothing serious

Red Flag Alaska 16-1

the

psri

IAF Planes Were Spotted in Spain, Portugal & Canada Airports While En Route To Red Flag 2016 Alaska

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles