Recruitment and Minority representation in RAW

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Re: Recruitment and Minority representation in RAW ( Research and Anal

DFI is full off mooli gas.
From a Groucho Marx skit:

Connie and Professor Wagstaff are in a canoe.

Connie (Thelma Todd): Oh Professor, you're so full of whimsy.
Wagstaff (Groucho): Can you notice it from there? I'm always that way after I eat radishes.

whyyou

I didn't want to put too much pressure on the kid.
What kind of pressure are you talking about.
Its the actual thing if you are talking about me.

whyyou

If the story is true, my conclusion would be that the RAW recruiters were much too full of themselves.
Ask him what special thing he did due to which R&AW came to him.???

And I am sure he won't be having any answer.
If u don't wants to post it in public just pm me

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

and how does it benefit the state by having more muslims in the security apparatus.
Because it'll help them infiltrate, understand Jihadi terrorism network for starters.

I would be dubious about people who prone religion first instead of country first, wonder when the ideological support for the ummah steps in
Similarly I could never believe people who doubt fellow citizens just because of their religious beliefs.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Just FYI, the incoming chief of the Intell Bureau is Mr. Asif Ibrahim, senior IPS officer (1977) of the Madhya Pradesh cadre.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?283151

I can't fathom intelligence chiefs being appointed from among minorities as minority-pandering. How many people know about the chiefs of intelligence desks anyway?

But what I do fathom is the Congress party looking beyond caste, religion and region to appoint intelligence officers that are amenable to them. Mr.Ibrahim formed part of the trusted circle of the late Madhavrao Scindia and having someone who enjoys their trust at the helm of domestic intelligence means that the Congress will have the pulse of their election rivals in the run up to the general elections.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

To be fair they asked a fair question and his response (phoning his wife) was all the answer they needed. Why should they select someone not willing or able to abide they the simplest of codes?
Yes, I suppose you are right.

The RAW was recruiting for a top secret assignment. They were
down to three recruits, two men and one woman. Only one could
get the position. As a final test each recruit was led down a
hallway to a large gray door. The RAW agents say to the first
man, "We need to know that you will do whatever we say
regardless of the circumstances. Take this gun, go into this
room and kill your wife". A look of shock comes over the man's
face. He says, "I can't kill my wife. I just can't do it. I
guess I'm not the man for this job". "No, you're not", agree
the agents, "You're free to go".

They bring the second man to the door and say, "We need to know
that you will do whatever we say regardless of the circumstances.
Take this gun, go into this room and kill your wife". The man
takes the gun and goes into the room. The room is silent and
after five minutes the man opens the door, tears streaming down
his face. "I tried," he says, "but I just couldn't do it. I can't
kill my wife". The agents let him leave.

They bring the woman to the door and say, "We need to know that
you will do whatever we say regardless of the circumstances. Take
this gun, go into this room and kill your husband". She takes the
gun and before the door closes behind her, she shoots off all 13
rounds emptying the gun. The door closes behind her and for the
next five minutes the agents hear loud banging and grunting. The
door finally opens, revealing the sweat-drenched woman. She looks
at both agents, wipes her brow and says, "Whew! You guys didn't
tell me that the gun was filled with blanks - I had to beat him to
death with the chair!"

JBH22

Because it'll help them infiltrate, understand Jihadi terrorism network for starters.

Similarly I could never believe people who doubt fellow citizens just because of their religious beliefs.
First infiltrating jihadi network you dont' need people of that community I think 24 hour is getting overhyped.

Secondly trusting blindly just too show good faith is dangerous in this business let's continue this quotas business in traditional govt jobs not in security apparatus.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

First infiltrating jihadi network you dont' need people of that community I think 24 hour is getting overhyped.
I believe it was posted here on DFI itself. A panel of experts including retired intel guys said so. And it makes sense.

Secondly trusting blindly just too show good faith is dangerous in this business let's continue this quotas business in traditional govt jobs not in security apparatus.
Exactly don't trust someone blindly just because of his religious beliefs or lack of them.

JBH22

I believe it was posted here on DFI itself. A panel of experts including retired intel guys said so. And it makes sense.

Exactly don't trust someone blindly just because of his religious beliefs or lack of them.
My point is that recruitment of minorities should not become another political gimmick just to appease pseudo sickularist national security should be left out of this.

The new IB chief should be only judged on merit I really don't understand the hype of media its as if a religious posting next what deoband cleric as head of RAW to show India good faith.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

My point is that recruitment of minorities should not become another political gimmick just to appease pseudo sickularist national security should be left out of this.

The new IB chief should be only judged on merit I really don't understand the hype of media its as if a religious posting next what deoband cleric as head of RAW to show India good faith.

But non admittance is already a political gimmick to appease the facists.
I am saying admittance should be on merit and competence.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have heard some info that recruitment into RAW ( Research and Analysis Wing ) is not open source and only people of certain religions (Hindu/Sikh to be precise) are considered for it.

Is there any truth in it ?
There was also such 'info' that no Sikh could ever be promoted to be the Chief of the Army.

We already have seen two.

Vested interests float these balloons which have no real substance.

JBH22

But non admittance is already a political gimmick to appease the facists.
I am saying admittance should be on merit and competence.
You sound like teesta satalvad I think that recruitment should be best left out to these agencies its not upto some activist or cartoon who should decide who gets in.

Btw why use word like fascist and so on.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

You sound like teesta satalvad
I have seen and heard Teesta Satalvad. I don't look like her nor sound like her nor agree with her.

I think that recruitment should be best left out to these agencies its not upto some activist or cartoon who should decide who gets in.
+1

Btw why use word like fascist and so on.
same reason you used sickularist.

JBH22

I have seen and heard Teesta Satalvad. I don't look like her nor sound like her nor agree with her.

+1

same reason you used sickularist.
Sickularist is meant for those who want to see everything from the religious angle and for those who believe about the myth of Hindus bullying minorities

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Sickularist is meant for those who want to see everything from the religious angle and for those who believe about the myth of Hindus bullying minorities
Since you are making arbitrary definitions and applying them, allow me to do the same. Fascists are all those who are not sickularists.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Recruitment to the RAW is classified under two categories: 1) deputation and 2) direct recruitment. RAW personnel are mainly deputed from organizations under the Union Public Service: which include the IB, the IPS and the Defence Services, when considering traditional task-based operations.

General recruitment for offices of a capacitive (vs. active) nature is done through direct recruitment: Deputy Field Officers (DFO) are appointed directly at the junior levels for for General Duty (GO), telcom, technical and economics stations. Field Officers (equivalent to inspector) and Senior Field Officers (equivalent to DSP) are appointed to their relevant cadre, as are Resident Officers (RO) who are exclusively Research & Analysis Service (RAS). You need to work for a minimum of eight years as a DFO to be promoted as an FO, and then a minimum of five (from FO) to be promoted as an SFO. ROs are selected from among serving SFO's based on vacancy and seniority, only. Foreign postings are only for General Duty FO's and SFO's, under secretaries, deputy secretaries, directors, joint secretaries and additional secretaries of the various regional or country desks and organizations under the aegis of the R&AW.

agentperry

From what I know, R&AW folks don't exclusively recruit from the branches you have mentioned and depending on the type of job you can directly apply as well.
they recruit from already serving defense personnel. thats for sure. apart from that i never heard of exam for RAW.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
RAW does not and should not have a uniform recruiting policy. That way, infiltration becomes very difficult for other agencies.

natarajan

recruit based on talent and not based on religion ,mere muslims should not get him a place.What if none of the people from minority not suited for the job ,then just recruit for the sake of percentage ???

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vishalreddy3 Military Training and Recruitment Indian Army 47
SexyChineseLady PLA Recruitment Videos! China 16
A chauhan Recruitment of Civilians in Indian Army ? Indian Army 11
SexyChineseLady Chinese Navy Recruitment Video China 0

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles