Recruitment and Minority representation in RAW

whyyou

Re: Recruitment and Minority representation in RAW ( Research and Anal

Hello to all
According to my sources and reserch. There is no R&AW . IT IS ONLY THE MYTH THAT R&AW exists .
People posts all the shit how to join raw etc in different forums ,sites etc. And many elder people
Says many thingh to join it. But how can someone join the agency that dosent exits
""??????????
The question is simple as same as (CAN YOU CALL GOD????)
And a simple proof is I usually post this thing at many sites while browsing
But any one didn't called me about not to do that.
If there is R&AW then it would be angry and would deffinately called me to not to do that.
As if You post about someone that his her corporation/agency is fake that person would
stopped me to not to post that stuff.
I know many ppl whom are so suitable for this but none of then got any recuitment in raw or called by raw.

Conclusion is no R&aw is there.

abingdonboy

Country flag

There are Muslims and Sikhs in both SPG and NSG but they are few in numbers.

Manmohan Singh Can't Have A Sikh Bodyguard

Or for that matter, a Muslim. The SPG, NSG don't hire them.

It is the unwritten rule that no official wants to talk about openly. Our secular democracy does not deploy Muslims or Sikhs to protect its VVIPs. While Muslims were always under suspicion, the Sikhs got blacklisted after Indira Gandhi's assassination in 1984 by her personal bodyguards who were Sikh.

It is ironic that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a Sikh, has no brethren from his own community detailed in the security cordon around him.

As no state organisation can bar persons of a particular community, the SPG does employ a few Muslims and Sikhs. But they are kept off personal security.

Officials of the Special Protection Group (SPG), established in 1984 for providing security to prime ministers, have ensured that neither Sikhs or Muslims are employed as bodyguards to VVIPs .

Sources in the security set-up confirm there exists an unwritten code which is complied with diligently. Points out an official: "When it comes to VVIP security, we cannot take any chances, especially since the country has lost two of its prime ministers to brutal killings. Proximate security is the last defence, and if that is weak, how can we ensure safety of the person we've to protect?"

As far as Sikhs go, Indira Gandhi's killing and militancy in Punjab put an end to them being recruited as securitymen. Much has changed since then but the community continues to be on the blacklist. Notes a senior official in the security set-up: "It has become an established thing. To change it, someone will have stick his neck out. And if something goes wrong he will have to answer for it. Nobody is willing to take any chances." The same line of thinking holds true for Muslims. As long as terrorism from across the border does not cease, members of the community will be under a cloud. Home ministry officials say with terror strikes across the country being linked to Islamic terrorism it would be a " big risk" to put a Muslim on VVIP security.

However, since no government organisation can bar persons of any particular community the SPG does employ a few Muslims and Sikhs. But they are kept off personal security. Reveals an official: "A 3000-strong organisation like the SPG does have Muslims and Sikhs. But we ensure that they are not deployed in sensitive posts. They are posted in the administration or intelligence"

The situation is not very different in the National Security Guard (NSG)—the other force which provides security to vips. The NSG was set up in 1984 after Operation Bluestar when the Indian army stormed the Golden Temple to flush out Sikh militants. The need was felt for creating a special force to conduct counter-terrorist operations with greater efficiency. The NSG was first deployed to combat insurgency in Punjab. But it evolved into an anti-terrorist unit with operations in J&K and other parts of the country. And it does not have any Sikh or Muslim as bodyguards.

Over the years, its elite Black Cat commandos have also been saddled with providing security to VVIPs, other than prime ministers (present and former) and their kin. They include political leaders like former deputy PM L.K. Advani, UP CM Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP chief Mayawati and former Tamil Nadu CM J. Jayalalitha. But none of them will be a Sikh or a Muslim.

www.outlookindia.com | Manmohan Singh Can't Have A Sikh Bodyguard

I am unable to find the links in the internet but I read in a bengali newspaper some 15-16 years back that Home Ministry also didn't want Tamils in sensitive positions in SPG after Rajiv Gandhi's assasination.
As far as SPG go I think this is the case wrt Sikhs and Muslims. I hope this situation changes in the future, whilst I understand the reasoning I think these were extraordinary cases and to deny a patriotic Indian from serving their nation in the way they wish is pretty despicable. Carry out through background and profiling checks by all means but don't write off such a swathe of the country. In the case of Sikhs it is particularly odd because they make up a considerable part of the IA and SFs- the current COAS is a Sikh FFS! Does this mean they aren't trusted in these roles either? And with Muslims it is just as absurd especially when so many senior IA officers are now Muslims not to mention the IB's new chief was meant to be a Muslim. It is just sending out the wrong messages. Such appointments should only ever me merit based.

But wrt the NSG the news that there are no Muslims or Sikhs serving in the SAG as "shooters" or the SRG as VVIP BGs is utter lies. I know for a fact that Muslims and Sikhs serve in both roles within the NSG. The other day I saw Modi with a Sikh NSG BG for instance!

Defcon 1

Country flag

Hello to all
According to my sources and reserch. There is no R&AW . IT IS ONLY THE MYTH THAT R&AW exists .
People posts all the shit how to join raw etc in different forums ,sites etc. And many elder people
Says many thingh to join it. But how can someone join the agency that dosent exits
""??????????
The question is simple as same as (CAN YOU CALL GOD????)
And a simple proof is I usually post this thing at many sites while browsing
But any one didn't called me about not to do that.
If there is R&AW then it would be angry and would deffinately called me to not to do that.
As if You post about someone that his her corporation/agency is fake that person would
stopped me to not to post that stuff.
I know many ppl whom are so suitable for this but none of then got any recuitment in raw or called by raw.

Conclusion is no R&aw is there.
You spelled "research" incorrectly and forgot to put a comma before "there is no R&AW".

abingdonboy

Country flag

+ IIRC the successor to Dutt as the head of the NSG was a Sikh.

abingdonboy

Country flag

No, there are no Sikhs in the NSG:

blank_quest

Country flag

You spelled "research" incorrectly and forgot to put a comma before "there is no R&AW".
"T" should also be in small-after comma, isn't it? :p

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

There are Sikhs in NSG but not SPG. Although the proportion of Sikhs in NSG anecdotally is very low.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

entry into raw is at the will of raw itself. it select people from other forces be it police, ib, army or navy. thye select people, contact them and then recruit after taking all necessary tests.
From what I know, R&AW folks don't exclusively recruit from the branches you have mentioned and depending on the type of job you can directly apply as well.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

entry into raw is at the will of raw itself. it select people from other forces be it police, ib, army or navy. thye select people, contact them and then recruit after taking all necessary tests.

i dont know its right or wrong and true or false but my source in IB told me about one drive. his friend was once contacted by raw people and 2 raw people and that ib guy met in a hotel for interview. it went well and raw guys asked him final time- are you ready for national service that is much more than your life, family and other materialistic things, he said i need to talk to my wife before making final commitment. they allowed him. he went out, called her, she said ok, he came back and room was empty. if he is looking onto his wife for making decision regarding a thing which is beyond his wife's importance then he is not worthy of selection.

i dont know anything about this case in detail. but this is one case...may not be true.
If the story is true, my conclusion would be that the RAW recruiters were much too full of themselves.

abingdonboy

Country flag

There are Sikhs in NSG but not SPG. Although the proportion of Sikhs in NSG anecdotally is very low.
I doubt it is lower than 2%- the Sikh's proportion of Indian population, if it is any higher then it can be argue they are OVER represented!

And I have no doubt there are Sikhs in RAW and IB. I am unsure about Muslims though, even though the next head of IB is slated to be a Muslim!

abingdonboy

Country flag

If the story is true, my conclusion would be that the RAW recruiters were much too full of themselves.
To be fair they asked a fair question and his response (phoning his wife) was all the answer they needed. Why should they select someone not willing or able to abide they the simplest of codes?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

I doubt it is lower than 2%- the Sikh's proportion of Indian population, if it is any higher then it can be argue they are OVER represented!
When you compare with their double digit representation in the armed forces, their abysmal figures in NSG would be alarming.

Edit 1 And I am not sure if those Sikhs in the NSG are for token representation.
Edit 2 There are tons of Sikhs in special forces though except NSG+SPG

And I have no doubt there are Sikhs in RAW and IB. I am unsure about Muslims though, even though the next head of IB is slated to be a Muslim!
I believe Sikhs have been RAW and IB chiefs. Not sure about Muslim heads of RAW. Although there was a thread here on DFI itself which discussed lack of Muslims in RAW, which would seriously bolster our efforts against jihadi terrorism

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag

When you compare with their double digit representation in the armed forces, their abysmal figures in NSG would be alarming.

Edit 1 And I am not sure if those Sikhs in the NSG are for token representation.
Edit 2 There are tons of Sikhs in special forces though except NSG+SPG

I believe Sikhs have been RAW and IB chiefs. Not sure about Muslim heads of RAW. Although there was a thread here on DFI itself which discussed lack of Muslims in RAW, which would seriously bolster our efforts against jihadi terrorism
True but I suspect these things will change over time as those shameful outdated mindsets fade away.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

True but I suspect these things will change over time as those shameful outdated mindsets fade away.
India has been in a state of status quo. There is no reforms, no original thinking, no tough choices. And its thinking like this that don't help curb communal thinking.

blank_quest

Country flag

May be that was due to Indira Gandhi incident effect. Who knows these Politicians ?

JBH22

and how does it benefit the state by having more muslims in the security apparatus.

I would be dubious about people who prone religion first instead of country first, wonder when the ideological support for the ummah steps in

abingdonboy

Country flag

and how does it benefit the state by having more muslims in the security apparatus.

I would be dubious about people who prone religion first instead of country first, wonder when the ideological support for the ummah steps in
That is completley unfair- just because someone is a Muslim doesn't mean they will not put their country first. Some may not but most will. Same goes for Hindus or Sikhs- they can be prone to putting their religion first can they not? Small minoitirs within each community are ruining existence for everyone else.

AFAIK it is not a crime to be a minority in India so why should they be treated any different?

JBH22

That is completley unfair- just because someone is a Muslim doesn't mean they will not put their country first. Some may not but most will. Same goes for Hindus or Sikhs- they can be prone to putting their religion first can they not? Small minoitirs within each community are ruining existence for everyone else.

AFAIK it is not a crime to be a minority in India so why should they be treated any different?
Unfair!!! I really don't trust people who have a history of cheering Pakistan during cricket games call it bigotry or whatever

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vishalreddy3 Military Training and Recruitment Indian Army 47
SexyChineseLady PLA Recruitment Videos! China 16
A chauhan Recruitment of Civilians in Indian Army ? Indian Army 11
SexyChineseLady Chinese Navy Recruitment Video China 0

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles