Reading 'Dragon on our doorstep' in midst of confrontation with China

ashdoc

Country flag
I am reading the newly released book 'Dragon on our doorstep' by journalists Praveen Sawhney and Ghazala Wahab . Both are editors of FORCE magazine on defence and security issues . Needless to say , my interest in buying it was aroused due to the ongoing India China confrontation in Sikkim . My interest was also aroused because it has been praised in reviews of it by various magazines and newspapers .

While the title is China centric , the book actually deals with the threat both from Pakistan and China . And the book paints a grim scenario vis a vis Pakistan . It plainly says that India cannot defeat Pakistan in war . It says that while India has built military force ( like buying war waging equipment ) it has failed to build military power---that is actually combining the war waging equipment for a real war . On the other hand Pakistan has built real military power with the equipment at it's disposal .

The book says that the Indian army has developed a defensive mindset with the various insurgencies it has to combat and many soldiers are used only to fight insurgencies rather than real war . On the other hand Pakistani soldiers are trained to fight real war .

Also it says that since the Babri mosque demolition the Pakistani establishment has got an ace up it's sleeve---the alienated Indian muslims , some of who are ready to help Pakistan in carrying out terror attacks not only in Kashmir but also in the Indian mainland in places like Mumbai and others .

It says that China fooled India on many occasions like the 'peace and tranquillity' agreement in 1993 , which made the Indians complacent but allowed China to build infrastructure for war on the border . It also says that China refuses to accept that it has a border with India in Ladakh , thereby implying that China regards Ladakh as disputed territory at best and Pakistani territory at worst .

It says that the Chinese and Pakistani armed forces have achieved a high degree of interoperability , and if India strikes into POK ( where large numbers of Chinese are present in one capacity or other due to the China Pakistan economic corridor ) then the consequent deaths of those Chinese could draw China into an India Pakistan confrontation---a dangerous proposition for India .

Have read the book only partly however . Will read more of the book in the days to come .

mayfair

The book is a pile of baloney mixed with ideological farts and a good chunk of Islamism thumped in.

Once again, interoperability is defined very haphazardly. A few join exercises are what qualify as "interoperability" in the "authors'" parlance. If that's the case then we should have interoperability with all of NATO, France, Russians and Japan owing to Red Flag, Malabar etc.

Next, they talk about infrastructure but give a lip service to Cheeni logistics along the LAC. A fact very well dissected over on BRF by knowledgeable folks.

The Babri issue too is used a Red Herring, basically absolving Napaki omissions and commissions starting from 1946 (when the Napaki Muslim league won an overwhelming majority of Muslim-only seats) till date. Basically reads like a Red jihad fantasy wank.

ashdoc

Country flag
Yeah I did find the book to be excessively pessimistic.

Who is Ghazala Wahab anyway ? Indian or Pakistani ?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Yeah I did find the book to be excessively pessimistic.

Who is Ghazala Wahab anyway ? Indian or Pakistani ?
Paki born on this holy land.

=====================================

She is founder of Force india mag,she was at our college for some event.I did not attend it but some of my friends said she was very pessimistic of our armed forces.

ashdoc

Country flag
The book also says that if the Kashmir issue is resolved then India and Pakistan could become economic partners and could become prosperous. That India could achieve it's potential as a big power if Kashmir issue is resolved.

One wonders what economic partnership India could have with a failed state....

ashdoc

Country flag
As I read the book further it rants about the alleged atrocities the Indian army is committing on the Kashmiris blah blah blah and the Kashmiris who have disappeared and presumably been killed by Indian army etc etc etc . Also calls for repealing the armed forces special powers act from Kashmir .

So the jehadi agenda of the authors is now clear .

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
As I read the book further it rants about the alleged atrocities the Indian army is committing on the Kashmiris blah blah blah and the Kashmiris who have disappeared and presumably been killed by Indian army etc etc etc . Also calls for repealing the armed forces special powers act from Kashmir .

Stop reading commie propaganda.itd not good for health.

=======================================

captscooby81

Country flag
Please go ahead brother and finish the entire book and it will be great if you can post some important quotes which you feel extremely absurd ..We need to understand what fuel s the commie mind and what all the Psy op minds game they play ....

Avoiding reading books which written negative about our armed forces is also one big weakness you should always grab the opportunity to know what your enemy thinks ..Remember these people are called 5th Column ..And serving in the Armed forces does not make the author a patriotic ..After retirement he can work for anyone inside and outside forces ..

Stop reading commie propaganda.itd not good for health.

=======================================

gekko

I am reading the newly released book 'Dragon on our doorstep' by journalists Praveen Sawhney and Ghazala Wahab . Both are editors of FORCE magazine on defence and security issues . Needless to say , my interest in buying it was aroused due to the ongoing India China confrontation in Sikkim . My interest was also aroused because it has been praised in reviews of it by various magazines and newspapers .

While the title is China centric , the book actually deals with the threat both from Pakistan and China . And the book paints a grim scenario vis a vis Pakistan . It plainly says that India cannot defeat Pakistan in war . It says that while India has built military force ( like buying war waging equipment ) it has failed to build military power---that is actually combining the war waging equipment for a real war . On the other hand Pakistan has built real military power with the equipment at it's disposal .

The book says that the Indian army has developed a defensive mindset with the various insurgencies it has to combat and many soldiers are used only to fight insurgencies rather than real war . On the other hand Pakistani soldiers are trained to fight real war .

Also it says that since the Babri mosque demolition the Pakistani establishment has got an ace up it's sleeve---the alienated Indian muslims , some of who are ready to help Pakistan in carrying out terror attacks not only in Kashmir but also in the Indian mainland in places like Mumbai and others .

It says that China fooled India on many occasions like the 'peace and tranquillity' agreement in 1993 , which made the Indians complacent but allowed China to build infrastructure for war on the border . It also says that China refuses to accept that it has a border with India in Ladakh , thereby implying that China regards Ladakh as disputed territory at best and Pakistani territory at worst .

It says that the Chinese and Pakistani armed forces have achieved a high degree of interoperability , and if India strikes into POK ( where large numbers of Chinese are present in one capacity or other due to the China Pakistan economic corridor ) then the consequent deaths of those Chinese could draw China into an India Pakistan confrontation---a dangerous proposition for India .

Have read the book only partly however . Will read more of the book in the days to come .
Listen to this, it is worth 100 books :

......................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
reading praveen sawhney's name alongwith that gracious OP, i was perplexed. first thought - ye saala kab se sudhar gaya?! or is he treading the path of rahul pandita & guha & all?! daal mein zaroor kuchh kaala hai! then the subsequent posts by @mayfair and @Dovah and @ashdoc himself later, cleared the fog. kutte ki dum! and how can anyone with a surname WAHAB be capable of being pro-Indic, hain ji?!

well said @captscooby81!

@Indibomber - manu pubby too?!

Indibomber

Look at the tone of the Chinese speakers a former diplomat. We cant back down specially with such behavior and aggressiveness changing the goal post, sadly Indian speaker was sweet and should have said that Chinese are #1 enemies because you back stabbed us in 1962 and going by Chinese logic they should have been Mongolia's bitches. Also they have a different standard every where. Indian speaker should have brought in Chinese internal issues as well that they done have opposition because they are butchers.
Anyways Arnab Goswami style is our copyright bloody Chinese stealing our styles as well.

Global Defence

Articles