Reader´s digest: India the third least trusted country in the world

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Reader´s digest: India the third least trusted country in the worl

i am rather surprised that no one had started a thread about Sheila Dikshil's statement(s) of support for the BJP governance of Delhi.

Now i dont claim to know much about the mechanisms of the Indian Political system and that could be a reason but it sounded on the surface to me to be a sea -change in the otherwise very selfish undertones we can not so seldomly detect in that very system.

Now what has the above to do with the title of the thread ? ....simply that in the absence of a thread specifically dedicated to the Shelia Phenomenon, i am posting it here on the basis that India would
have a cleaner system and therefore be more "trustworthy " and i hope the moderators would allow as language is clean and i dont expect a huge ruckus over this post ! (SMILE ... btw mods pls help,
the simple smile icon is not in the list ...hard to find when i click the smiley in the row above the posting window. )

Would be glad to hear the opinions of the forum members and if you prefer to initiate a separate thread on the matter .

( also btw, the spelling checker which is normally there isn't functioning at this time "¦"¦ are most of you using google chrome browser? I'm using the latest windows browser from firebox, downloaded just yesterday )

and also the avatars whih we used to have - pics at the margin of our posts, - seems to be missing ?
Start the thread.

I would have, but I am off to a seminar where foreign dignitaries will be present.

I am keen to know what they have to say.

The cocktails that follow are of no interest to me since I have quit drinking, but the views while socially mingling with the diplomats will be of interest.

Modi's Japan visit and the follow up and Xi's impending visit and what will be the final outcome would be real interesting to find out.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The World's Most Reputable Countries, 2014 - Forbes

Finland is also fourth on this list (57000 interviews in different countries). India was 36th out of 55, not bad.
India could be the country at the bottom.

What matters is what the citizens of India think of India and how much moolah they can bring in from foreign shores.

Just like China couldn't care less about what is said of their human rights outrageous standards.

They cock the snook and move on, while the West still queue up to lick their boots!

Free Karma

I dont understand how anyone can take these surveys seriously :lol:

These surveys are basically what propaganda people are fed in those countries, and that depends on relations between countries,geopolitics and so on.

jouni

Yes, some countries can project positive image about themselves than others. For big countries it is more difficult, they polarize opinions more.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Yes, some countries can project positive image about themselves than others. For big countries it is more difficult, they polarize opinions more.
Now you understand.

If there is only one person present, only then total consensus in everything is possible. Wishing otherwise is stupid.

Your total population is half of my district, which is an administrative division of a state of Union of India, when your area is about 6 times bigger than the district. So, we are big, really big, and your puny little obscure nation doesn't even figure into any thought of almost 99.99999999% people of India. So, what are you crowing about in fornt of us?

Ashutosh Lokhande

Start the thread.

I would have, but I am off to a seminar where foreign dignitaries will be present.

I am keen to know what they have to say.

The cocktails that follow are of no interest to me since I have quit drinking, but the views while socially mingling with the diplomats will be of interest.

Modi's Japan visit and the follow up and Xi's impending visit and what will be the final outcome would be real interesting to find out.
Do share there thoughts here on DFI if possible. :cheers: :)

jouni

Now you understand.

If there is only one person present, only then total consensus in everything is possible. Wishing otherwise is stupid.

Your total population is half of my district, which is an administrative division of a state of Union of India, when your area is about 6 times bigger than the district. So, we are big, really big, and your puny little obscure nation doesn't even figure into any thought of almost 99.99999999% people of India. So, what are you crowing about in fornt of us?
Well, it feels pretty good to be loved by the world and appear regularly in world news. Reading you I start to have an idea why you rank so low constantly.

skumar7777

The World's Most Reputable Countries, 2014 - Forbes

Finland is also fourth on this list (57000 interviews in different countries). India was 36th out of 55, not bad.
Whether it is Forbes or Readers Digest, nonsense is nonsense.

However I note with amusement that this survey does list China and it is ranked lower than India, which may also amuse our Chinese friends @amoy et al.

@Ray, kindly bring this to the attention of Mr. Wang Xuefeng, Chinese Consul General also :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashutosh Lokhande

Surveys like these are tools used by professional perception management teams to falsely create or damage the image of any particular entity to suite there agenda.

jouni

What if all such surveys are nothing but an experiment to start flame wars on the Internet and manipulate public sentiment globally?

Just like how Facebook did it's experiment on it's users.

Controversy Over Facebook Emotional Manipulation Study Grows As Timeline Becomes More Clear

:eyebrows:
Could be, now you billion+ population countries start to hate us small ones. Good thing you are so far away!

mikhail

Country flag

Typical homicide in Finland is that a group of people go drinking, then they wake up in the morning and realize that one of the party is dead and nobody remembers anything. You must understand that we have long, cold and dark winters with no sunlight. It has an effect on people.
Mate,in the same way you'll also have to realize that not every Indian man is a potential rapist.Heck,most of us are just despise any kind of sexual harassment on women.For example,i am a grown man and have had many female friends in the past as well as in the present but i never felt the urge to rape or sexually harass any of them,the same goes true with all the Indian members in this forum.You must realize the fact that we are a country of over 1.25 billion people and hence automatically the no. of rapes and other sexual related crimes are high than our Western counterparts but that doesn't mean that we love to commit atrocities against our womenfolk.Hope you have already understood my point:rolleyes:.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Whether it is Forbes or Readers Digest, nonsense is nonsense.

However I note with amusement that this survey does list China and it is ranked lower than India, which may also amuse our Chinese friends @amoy et al.

@Ray, kindly bring this to the attention of Mr. Wang Xuefeng, Chinese Consul General also :rofl:
I am mulling over it.

It would sure hang @amoy.

China does not brook anything that ruin their immediate interest and China wants to neutralise Japan as far as Indian interest there.

mikhail

Country flag

Well, it feels pretty good to be loved by the world and appear regularly in world news. Reading you I start to have an idea why you rank so low constantly.
Lol,i know that it feels quite good to be loved and adored by the world especially if you are from a small country like Finland.I mean,don't take it otherwise but this love thing is due to the fact that your or for that part most of the Nordic countries don't have enough political or economic influence in the present Global arena and hence you usually don't get the chance to constantly antagonize one nation or other through your decisions/policies like the way big countries like the U.S.A.,China,Russia or India does.Hence it's more likely that there will always a group of people/countries who won't like the countries above stated because of their political or economical clout on the big stage because it's not possible to please all the countries at the same time,you will always antagonize some others.The bottom line is that,being a small country,Finland doesn't have to make those tough decisions because of her limited international influence and hence this reduces the chance of pi$$ing off people/countries constantly.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

I am mulling over it.

It would sure hang @amoy.

China does not brook anything that ruin their immediate interest and China wants to neutralise Japan as far as Indian interest there.
re your last sentence , i dont think china will get very far in trying to de-stabilizse or
as you put it neutraise the relationship, but i dont claim expert knowledge and will take yours
and others views.

Meanwhile when you can and if it is possible -let us in on any interesting stuff
you get to hear at the diplomatic meet youre soon to attend

Be kind to yourself - a small drink in a long while should be ok eh Sir ?
pretend to drink while loosening up the diplomats for info ! :thumb:

Reactions: Ray

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Surveys like these are tools used by professional perception management teams to falsely create or damage the image of any particular entity to suite there agenda.
good question mark you raise there ...
i know for sure that the university rankings when they didnt inlcude any india uni in the top 10 , that
survery was pure BS -

but in terms of this safety and reliability stuff it would be in the interest of the people who actually
live in india to determine whether to take it seriously or not

nimo_cn

Country flag

good question mark you raise there ...
i know for sure that the university rankings when they didnt inlcude any india uni in the top 10 , that
survery was pure BS -

but in terms of this safety and reliability stuff it would be in the interest of the people who actually
live in india to determine whether to take it seriously or not
I am the opposite, I take any university survey lightly, which includes Indian universities in the top 10.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

I love you just as much you love me, honey! It is full on quid pro quo.

Sameet Pattnaik

why do Indians try to pull China into any dick measuring contest? is this the only benefit of being your neighbour?

the survey makes no mention of China at all. the top 3 least trusted r 1. India 2. Romania 3. Iran . u guys shall feel proud of the ranking along with them.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
dick measuring competition another lame choice of words to explain ego boasting of people !

Global Defence

New threads

Articles