Reader´s digest: India the third least trusted country in the world

jouni

In Finnish newspapers were today headlines, that Finland is worlds 4th trusted country. In the same study India was among the last. How do you see this, is Reader´s digest partial? Can these polls be trusted?

British Wyman Dillon & Research Institute at the turn to the study responded to a total of 17 676 people from 10 European countries (Finland, Austria, Poland, Portugal, France, Romania, Germany, Slovenia, Switzerland and Russia). Finland has throughout the investigation one of the most reliable among the countries. Switzerland and Sweden share the top spot (68%), Germany (65%) is the third and fourth Finland (62%). The survey was accompanied by a 24 nationalities.

RESEARCH around the world rely on most Swiss, Swedish and German nationals. The Finns placed fourth.
Reader's Digest says a recent study of trust between nations.

Swiss said that he trusted average of 68 percent of those surveyed, 68 percent of Swedes as well, the Germans 65 per cent and 62 per cent of the Finns. List three worst are India (14%), Romania (8%) and Iran (6%).

Results will survive the Reader's Digest, together Wyman Dillon & Research Institute with making large study, which examined ten European consumer confidence in the citizens of different countries.

Respondents to the survey had a total of almost 18 000 in Finland responded to the survey 2026 people.

Least Finnish rely on Russian. The survey, 80 per cent of Finnish replied that they do not trust the Russians at all, or at least not very much. The Romanians are located in Finland's second list (78%), and the Greeks of the third (76%).

Evening-Sanomat asked the experts how the results could be interpreted.

University of Eastern Finland, Professor of History, Kimmo Katajala emphasizes critical thinking, even among the peoples confidence in his opinion, is quite relevant to find out.

- If the same type of thing should be asked about, say, 1860-70's, the answers would have been different, Professor Kimmo Katajala says.

- The survey responses can be influenced by how the concept of ethnicity today, and on the other hand, the kind of national stereotypes fed. It explains how the history, shape it, what kind of reality is perceived, Katajala stresses.

The Nordic countries, Switzerland and Germany are culturally and politically, the same types of countries. On the other hand, for example, France, Greece and Italy are in the Nordic countries culturally different. Russia is the other dissenting because of their history of its own.

University of Helsinki, ethnology, Professor Hanna Snellman to emphasize that these studies measured mental images rather than the status quo.

- The results are interesting. Such studies once practiced a lot in Sweden. For example, Sweden and Russia as reliable differences can not be justified familiar to pry, because after all, common in Finnish networks with the Russians, Hanna Snellman says.

- It should be pointed out that differences arise from what has been learned and taught. German-speaking world can affect the success of a common linguistic and common methods. The tail-end is interesting. Could the results be explained by, say, the Indian Cultural distance, Snellman says.

- Reliable-country nationals may be combined with the most is that they can be considered to share the same directional goals. This also applies to countries whose history is a burden, Snellman estimates.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Re: Reader´s digest: India the third least trusted country in the worl

One more western stats and report :lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Readers Digest was a propaganda front for the US.

There were lovely stories of the atrocities in USSR and the bamboo curtain called China.

I grew up on that.

To be frank, I enjoyed the stories so well written to magnify the 'horrors'.

Then they sang paeans to Gorbachev and Yeltsin.

Of late they sing paeans to China.

Should I believe RD?

BTW, once Gorbachev started disintegrating USSR, he won a Nobel Prize!

Before that he was Villain No 1!

So much for Scandinavian honeIt pains me to change my opinion that it was apolitical, notwithstanding Vidkun Quisling, the Norwegian who sold out to Nazi Germany and now it appears that Scandinavia is back at the game to sell itself by being a vassal and surrogate of the Western flavour of the time, like it or not.

But then it is kosher to be pro West, since the international media is at the service of the West.

Propaganda and disinformation, couched with mealy mouthed homilies and pious platitudes works, after all!

Results will survive the Reader's Digest, together Wyman Dillon & Research Institute with making large study, which examined ten European consumer confidence in the citizens of different countries.
Not to worry.

The smell of money to cash strapped Europe and US is too alluring as it wafts through the western air.

Ask China, who was once Hagar the Horrible to the West.

Last edited:

jouni

For me surprise is that 80% of Finns don´t trust Russians. Even if on surface our relations are good, the mistrust is very deep. There is an old saying in Finland "Ryssä on Ryssä vaikka voissa paistaisi"

amoy

why do Indians try to pull China into any dick measuring contest? is this the only benefit of being your neighbour?

the survey makes no mention of China at all. the top 3 least trusted r 1. India 2. Romania 3. Iran . u guys shall feel proud of the ranking along with them.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Blackwater

why do Indians try to pull China into any dick measuring contest? is this the only benefit of being your neighbour?

the survey makes no mention of China at all. the top 3 least trusted r 1. India 2. Romania 3. Iran . u guys shall feel proud of the ranking along with them.

not me i always pull pakis:taunt::taunt::taunt:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Because China was hated and vilified by the West not too far in history.

I believed all that splashed in the Reader Digest (very illustrative in graphical explanation and content) since it could be and appeared to be true.

Now, China, Hagar the Horrible, is the toast of Europe and the West.

The rapid and unexplainable transformation has zapped me between the eye.

I now understand the game of disinformation and so I am better versed to see it through a bit.

It is an essential base denominator to indicate how fickle and contrived the wind blows in the West.

Last edited:

Ashutosh Lokhande

My personel exp is that russians are least trust worthy/scamers. Close second are chinese.
And most trust worthy to be the americans and some other european countries.

PS: I have any exp of 30+ dealings. the age group of people i had interactions and real money dealings come between 15-35 age bracket.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Only reply to RD is :LOL:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Because as they say Chinese are inferior in dick measuring contest :boink:

Since when Chinese are taking these surveys seriously, chinese are deaf when it comes to human rights, trust and piracy.

Last edited:

jouni

Maybe the study was done at the time of the gang r**e incidents, those were published quite widely. It could have an effect on the reputation of India worldwide. It is really surprising that North Korea or Somalia are not on the top, but Iran is. That suggests that Americans have large representation on this poll. In the Finnish list India is number 7. I have never been in India, but before this I thought India´s reputation in Finland was quite good, this is really surprising.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Maybe the study was done at the time of the gang r**e incidents, those were published quite widely. It could have an effect on the reputation of India worldwide.
Who cares what anyone thinks?

Modi was denied a visa by the US.

Now Obama is hosting a dinner and Biden a lunch.

The red carpet laid out.

Money and market speaks.

Run silent run deep and care two hoots what others think so long as you have the allurement to allure.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Maybe the study was done at the time of the gang r**e incidents, those were published quite widely. It could have an effect on the reputation of India worldwide.
These incidents took place last year, the case has became high profile one since it took place in the capital.

As usual Western media did their propaganda and our stupid media need to learn how to deal with this social evil which exists in every society.

India has 1.2 Billion people and so these incidents are also more in number. The rape per capita of India is low compared to many countries.

jouni

duplicate post

Last edited:

jouni

Who cares what anyone thinks?

Modi was denied a visa by the US.

Now Obama is hosting a dinner and Biden a lunch.

The red carpet laid out.

Money and market speaks.

Run silent run deep and care two hoots what others think so long as you have the allurement to allure.
Actually, I think that it means a lot what kind of reputation a country has. Tourism, trade even stock markets react quite fast to these things.

thethinker

Country flag

Actually, I think that it means a lot what kind of reputation a country has. Tourism, trade even stock markets react quite fast to these things.
Indian stock markets are now at all time highs and expected to move lot more up due to foreign inflows.

Tourism in India is set to grow by 7.14% as per World Travel and Tourism Council.

Guess us Indians are still somewhat trustworthy to attract foreign investments and see an increase in tourism. :namaste:

jouni

Greece is low on the list, there tourism fell a lot during economic crisis started by them. On the other hand Finland and Sweden are high on the list, and no positive effect can be seen.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Not really.

So long there is no terrorism threat all goes well.

India is not looking West. it is Looking East and Acting East.

Japan, China and the SE Asia.

Compersion

Country flag

We need increase the foreign service in huge numbers and post such people overseas. It is ridiculous a country the size and character of India has such a low number of foreign service members to project and promote India overseas.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles