Rationalists slam Isro chief's Tirupati temple visit

kseeker

Retired
If ISRO chief had gone to a Dargah, no one wud raised a finger instead they wud have hailed it as a secular move.
Since he did not, the rationalist is trying to :finger: ISRO Chief and trying for a cheap publicity.

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
This rationalist :crazy: should protest against the Communal Violence Bill, Sharia, Muslim Personal Law, Islamic Banking. This opposition that he has registered shows rationalists are a bunch of IDIOTS.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In the Army, in a Muslim majority unit, like they have in Grenadiers, they go to the Mosque and pray before an attack.

That includes the officers who may not be Muslims.

I have also prayed at the unit Mosque, even though I do not subscribe to any religion.

Where is the big deal?

To the Believer, God is God, call him by any other name, it matters not!

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Wow, such a noble statement. So rational, obverblowing a trivial matter for cheap publicity. FIRA seems like a congregation of cheap attention whores looking for relevance by piggybacking on ISRO's achievement.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Also, can we please referring to these guys as "Rationalists"? They are "Federation of Indian Rationalist Association", not rationalists. They don't have the authority to represent anyone. Call them FIRA, if you want but please don't call them "Rationalists". :(

kseeker

Retired
They are "Federation of Indian Rationalist Association", not rationalists. Call them FIRA, if you want but please don't call them "Rationalists". :(
How about sarFIRA as in सरफिरा :crazy: ?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
He's saying regarding sovereign state action not personal capacity.

That being said he is himself violating fundamental right to practice religion of isro chief.
I don't give a hoot what he said or what he says....My question still stands! What is their take on muslims offering Namaz to allah? Is Allah for real according to rationalists or is it only Hindus who are superstitious? If yes, then they belive Allah is the real god and Hindu gods are false? Is it true? or they believe even Allah is false?

It's high time these shameless people come out in the open with same furor against Islam as seen in the case of Hinduism, only then I may believe they are rationalists till then they are simply put anti-Hindu paid bastards!

Last edited:

Manas7

The chap seems more to be a grade 5 moron than rationalist.

Haven't he come across Bhumi puja or breaking of coconut on navy ships haul performed by govt ministers and officials on zillions occasions ??

If these acts are okay ,whats the problem with ISRO chief taking the replica to tirupati temple ??

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't give a hoot what he said or what he says....My question still stands! What is their take on muslims offering Namaz to allah? Is Allah for real according to rationalists or is it only Hindus who are superstitious? If yes, then they belive Allah is the real god and Hindu gods are false? Is it true? or they believe even Allah is false?

It's high time these shameless people come out in the open with same furor against Islam as seen in the case of Hinduism, only then I may believe they are rationalists till then they are simply put anti-Hindu paid bastards!
The point of contention is legal.

state capacity is different from personal capacity. state represents all people while people represent themselves only.

in court point is looked into legally not rhetorically. but even legally his point is not correct because it is fundamental right to practise religion...this guy would have a case if isro chief was ordering others to pray instead of just praying himself.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Also, can we please referring to these guys as "Rationalists"? They are "Federation of Indian Rationalist Association", not rationalists. They don't have the authority to represent anyone. Call them FIRA, if you want but please don't call them "Rationalists". :(
He represents you.

guilty by association you are :yoda:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles