Rationalists slam Isro chief's Tirupati temple visit

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by afako, Nov 11, 2013.

1. afako

afako Regular Member

Even while the Mars orbiter had barely reached the Earth’s orbit, a controversy has started brewing over Isro chairman Dr K Radhakrishnan’s visit to the Tirupati temple ahead of the launch. Rationalists have accused the Isro chief of insulting the Constitution by violating Article 51 A.President of the Federation of Indian Rationalist Associations (FIRA) Dr Narendra Nayak said, “He (Radhakrishnan) had no business to take a replica of PSLV to Tirupati Tirumala temple and place it in front of the deity there. By doing this, he has violated the Article 51 A of the constitution which states that it is the duty of every citizen to develop scientific temper and spirit of enquiry and humanism. He has perhaps forgotten that ours is secular republic and that worship of a deity belonging to one particular religion particularly in matters of the state is negating this very basic tenet of our constitution.”He said,“I don’t know which principle of science is applicable to the act of placing a replica of the launch vehicle at the feet of a statue at a temple. He has said, ‘‘We have to understand a lot from the solar system, etc’. If this is the case we have to also go a long way to understand how a person like him in a responsible position in a government organisation be foolish enough to believe that prayers to particular god can ensure the proper launch of a satellite.”The FIRA has demanded that Radhakrishnan be sacked immediately for having committed- this affront to the Constitution. “If he were to go a temple for his personal works we would have no reason to object at all. But carrying his personal superstition into matters of the state is a crime against our constitution,” Dr Nayak added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-rationalists-slam-isro-chief-s-temple-vi
    sit-1914375

3. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Dr Narendra Nayak was not in news off late so he wants to draw attention towards him.

Anyways he had done lots of work against Superstition & to ban superstition in Karnataka. He educated many on this topic. He has done lot of good work but he should not interfere in one belief( praying to god before any good work).

4. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Fool should shut his mouth. If he doesn't know wht secularism means in constitution.
    Us and russian astronut will also pray before going to space and holy water is split on them. Even japanese space agency does some kind of puja with sticks before launching rocket.

drkrn, Manas7, maomao and 4 others like this.
  5. mki

mki Regular Member

Now in our country, if you are hindu and go to temple then you are extremist but if you are belong to other religion and go to your spiritual place then only you are secular...

Manas7, maomao, VIP and 4 others like this.
  6. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

...this guy calls himself a rationalist lol.

7. Dharmateja

Dharmateja Regular Member

That guy should be made to know where to really stick his rationality. The best way is to ignore the crackpot, an enlightened crackpot at that one.

maomao and kseeker like this.
  8. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

What is take of rationalists on Muslims offering namaz every Friday?

kseeker and rock127 like this.
  9. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

I slam such rationalist idiots!

10. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

In our country both God and Science have space and existence. Plus rationalist have right to their way of thinking but they cannot impose it on others.........

Earlier i was rationalist now i am believer.

11. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

I do not understand what the issue with the so called rationalist is...is If it gives someone peace of mind so be it…

I would not be surprised if those so called rationalist come up with a suggestion when to conceive babies…

maomao, Free Karma and sayareakd like this.
  12. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Mark my words ! rationalists also pray to God when they found themselves in grave situations like criminal prosecution, medical emergencies etc.

Manas7 and kseeker like this.
  13. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

In India secularism/rationalist applies to Hindus only.

Like it or Not

Vishwarupa, kseeker, Coalmine and 2 others like this.
  14. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

“I don’t know which principle of science is applicable to the act of placing a replica of the launch vehicle at the feet of a statue at a temple."

If placing a replica before a deity in a temple is 'unscientific' so is the saluting national flag, standing up for national anthem. The cretin who is advocating 'humanism' probably doesn't know that humanism itself is an abrahamic ideology based on protestant religion.

afako, Virendra and maomao like this.
  15. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

How dare you involve Muslims here... please be secular and leave Muslims alone. :lol:

kseeker and maomao like this.
  16. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

As as long as the Tirupati visit doesn't have implication on any of ISRO's work, one really couldn't care lesser.
    When Malaysian astronauts can do namaz in space, I bet ringing a few temple bells is nothing.
    Perhaps if they criticized ISRO top leadership barking on each other, it would have more credibility.
    But then some agendas are narrow enough to miss the forest for the trees.

I wish these media guys would allow me also, to vent my frustrations by such twisted articles. ;)

Regards,
    Virendra

17. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

what about cm omar doing namaz with people

18. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

Rationalists are coming out as stupids these days...Everyone is allowed to have their beliefs and even if he prayed for mission's success no one should make an issue out of it...

maomao likes this.
  19. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

What about them saving their sorry a$$es from fatwas and possible death sentences, this explains their silence about namaz and paranoia about a guy offering prayers at Tirupati

20. Coalmine

Coalmine Regular Member

Dont know what media's point in giving bandwidth to such articles.
    Dont the editor or the reporter have slightest of mind that it is such a bulshit story to be given airtime

21. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

controversy and negative news means $$$