Ramayana: History or Myth?

Patriot

Country flag
Today's practitioners of Hinduism are turning it into extremism where Kafirs (non-believers) are to be damned and stripped off their freedom :lol:

How ironic that it finds similarity with Islamic radicals and their vow to end infidels by turning them into believers.
The way reactions coming seems like extremism & escalated to insane level. Do you mean to say if one object to some disrespectful discussion, you will term one as extremists!!

Point is, to show some sensitiveness if not respect about other fellow members religion.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
"Every religion propagates extremism" :sad:

Today's practitioners of Hinduism are turning it into extremism where Kafirs (non-believers) are to be damned and stripped off their freedom :lol:

How ironic that it finds similarity with Islamic radicals and their vow to end infidels by turning them into believers.

Decklander

This is very interesting.
So do all bhardwaj gotra people have the same chromosomes ?

There are plenty of non brahmins with bhardwaj gotra if i am not kistaken.

5-10k is the cost of genetic testing, it ll be interesting to see more and more people get it done. Maybe scientific evidence for voteas comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I am going a bit offtopic here but I need to explain it.
Many other people who were earlier Bhardwaj and have now changed their religion will also have the same Y-haplogroup DNA. Banda Bahadur was a Bhardwaj born to Lakshman Das Bhardwaj. he became a sikh. Many Rajputs also have this Gotra as their Gotra. They are those Brahmins who became warriors like Tyagis and Bhumihaars. I too am a Goud Bhardwaj meaning warrior Bhardwaj.
Our ancestory is described as Brahma-Angiras-Brahaspati-Bhardwaj-Dronacharya-Ashwatthama-onwards. Angiras had four sons on of them was Brahaspati.
Lord Parshuram was asked by Rishi Kashyyap to leave aryavrata after he cleansed it of Khsatriyas 21 times. So Lord Parshuram distributed all his land and riches among his warrior brahmin followers and took a Vow from them that they will henceforth never accept Dakshshina meaning that they will give the profession of being a priest and bcum landlords or warriors. Those who took that oath came to be known as tyagis and Bhumihaar. When Dron came to know that Lord Parshuram is gifting away everything to brahmins only, he too went to him. Lord told him that he has nothing left to gift him as he has already gifted everything to other brahmins. At that Dron asked for the martial knowledge and his knowledge of weapons as gift. Lord Parshuram gave him that and also took a similar oath from him. from that day, we too gave up priestly duties and became warriors and it was for this reason that in Mahabharatha, we fought as professional soldiers.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
"Every religion propagates extremism" :sad:
No RELIGION PROPAGATES EXTREMISM, It is the humans who propagate extremism for their own wealth and greed of power.

So you meant to stay calm even pakistan kills people of India and puts a nuclear bomb on India. If you say that Hindus are revolting against Muslims it because for a long time Hindus have maintained calm and now they are revolting.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
The way reactions coming seems like extremism & escalated to insane level. Do you mean to say if one object to some disrespectful discussion, you will term one as extremists!!

Point is, to show some sensitiveness if not respect about other fellow members religion.
There is no hatred or religious bashing in this thread. I have mentioned it before. We are very well within forum rules.

I do not understand why this needs to be repeated again and again.

You don't like the thread, stay away from it.

If you want to be part of it, we are happy but debate on topic, not on validity of thread.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Do you mean to say if one object to some disrespectful discussion, you will term one as extremists!!
Religious intolerance gives birth to religious extremism.

Hardline inflexible faith also gives birth to religious extremism.

Decklander

At most it shows evidence of migrant from a common point and a common ancestor but the ancestor need not be Rishi Bharadwaja
Atleast we agree somewhat. You agree that it shows common ancestory which may not be exactly that from Rishi Bhardwaj. But when we were born, it was our mother who told us who our father was. I am sure you too were told by your mother only. It must have been so in case of all your ancestors. did you have any reason to disbelieve your mother? or the people in your society who also regarded you to be the son of the man whom your mother called to be your father. I have no reason to disbelieve my linage as many Bhardwaj around my part of India have same Y-group as mine. So it is not a myth but truth. hard truth.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Oh my god, I can't believe that people go to such extreme lengths of portraying this discussion as anti-constitutional. There is no hatred being created here, mere question as to what people believe Ramayana to be - an accurate history or a mythology?. There is enough material to arrive at opposite conclusions but the discussion should be about what are the points for and against Ramayana being an accurate historical event.

Atheists say 'there is no god". Did that stop theists from believing the existence of the god?. Then why the hue and cry here by some people.

drkrn

friends all the discussions in this forum move more or less around lord sriram only to prove the authenticity of ramayan

some even posted that nasa did calculate when ram was born using a software.

why for a change shouldn't we focus on ravana,and distant charecters like hanuman and if all of them coincide to near then more chances of it being true and we can easily point when this exactly happened

pls contribute to this thread in this way

thanyou all

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Did not understand your post. Please explain.

The sentence is a simplification of "people blinded by any religion will eventually propagate extremism".

However I would suggest we come back to topic.

No RELIGION PROPAGATES EXTREMISM, It is the humans who propagate extremism for their own wealth and greed of power.

So you meant to stay calm even pakistan kills people of India and puts a nuclear bomb on India. If you say that Hindus are revolting against Muslims it because for a long time Hindus have maintained calm and now they are revolting.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Atleast we agree somewhat. You agree that it shows common ancestory which may not be exactly that from Rishi Bhardwaj. But when we were born, it was our mother who told us who our father was. I am sure you too were told by your mother only. It must have been so in case of all your ancestors. did you have any reason to disbelieve your mother? or the people in your society who also regarded you to be the son of the man whom your mother called to be your father. I have no reason to disbelieve my linage as many Bhardwaj around my part of India have same Y-group as mine. So it is not a myth but truth. hard truth.
There is also the scenario that a distantly common ancestor has given himself an origin from Divine &Mythological being to give legitimacy to his proeny a sort of currency/ticket to higher social standing.

An example of this south asia has more Muslim Sayyids than the whole of ME and the irony is majority of them are 5th generation neo-converts.Every tom,Dick and Harry can play this Divine origins legitimacy game

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There are lot of studies on Ram setu or Adam's bridge regarding its evolution and age via carbon dating and other techniques. And they estimate the age of the "bridge" to be 500 years to 125,000 years.

And this doesn't fit with the time period of Ramayana (25,000 to 35,000 years ago)

Geological Survey of India (GSI) carried out a special programme called "Project Rameswaram" that concluded that age data of corals indicate that the Rameswaram island has evolved since 125,000 years ago. Radiocarbon dating of samples in this study suggests that the domain between Rameswaram and Talaimannar may have thus been exposed around 18,000 years ago.[25] Thermoluminescence dating by GSI concludes that the sand dunes of Dhanushkodi to Adam's bridge started forming only about 500–600 years ago.[25]

Investigation by Centre for Remote Sensing (CRS) of Bharathidasan University, Tiruchi, led by Professor S.M. Ramasamy dates the structure to 3,500 years.[31] In the same study, carbon dating of some ancient beaches between Thiruthuraipoondi and Kodiyakarai shows the Thiruthuraipoondi beach dates back to 6,000 years and Kodiyakarai around 1,100 years ago. Another study suggests that the appearance of the reefs and other evidence indicate their recency, and a coral sample gives a radiocarbon age of 4020±160 years BP[29]

Adam's Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Decklander

There is also the scenario that a distantly common ancestor has given himself an origin from Divine &Mythological being to give legitimacy to his proeny a sort of currency/ticket to higher social standing.

An example of this south asia has more Muslim Sayyids than the whole of ME and the irony is majority of them are 5th generation neo-converts.Every tom,Dick and Harry can play this Divine origins legitimacy game
Agreed. But than how do you explain such long recorded history and such strong DNA link. I have my family history right upto 2nd century AD and it goes further back.

Iamanidiot

Agreed. But than how do you explain such long recorded history and such strong DNA link. I have my family history right upto 2nd century AD and it goes further back.
How do you know that tree is all legit upto the 2nd Century AD.even then are you sure your esteemed ancestor was saying the truth.Have you got all their remains DNA tested.Even then how do you know that the ancestor is Saga Bharadwaja any proof for that evidences ,land grants,chatur vedi mangalams the usual doles given to the learned and pious by the Kings of that period.Any copper plates issuing land grants of that sort?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles