Rajputs in medieval age - battles and discussions

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Progression of Dogra rule in J&K state which was 2nd biggest princely state. Most of these Khannates/ Kingdoms were conquered by Dogra Armies under Gen Jorawar Singh

View attachment 15156
The coat of arms of the RoyalJammu&Kashmir goverment

unnamed.png

Arms: A shield of wickerwork Argent, a sun radiant within a bordure with a garland of roses (Or).

Crest: A sword per fess and a katar per pale, crowned with the Kashmir royal crown.

Supporters: Two man of the Guard of the Maharaja, each supporting the royal standard being red with narrow yellow borders at top and bottom and charged in the middle with the sun of the arms.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
The coat of arms of the RoyalJammu&Kashmir goverment

View attachment 15228
Arms: A shield of wickerwork Argent, a sun radiant within a bordure with a garland of roses (Or).

Crest: A sword per fess and a katar per pale, crowned with the Kashmir royal crown.

Supporters: Two man of the Guard of the Maharaja, each supporting the royal standard being red with narrow yellow borders at top and bottom and charged in the middle with the sun of the arms.

Here you go ... the real one

16998207_645058392348210_7024680768194535132_n.jpg

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Here you go ... the real one

View attachment 15232
From the time of the British Raj about five different achievements of Jammu and Kashmir are known. The oldest probably dates from the time of Gulab Singh (1846-1857). It shows a sun in splendour rising behind a four topped mountainridge between four devanagiri letters. Above the shield is a crown between two striped flags in saltire. The shield is supported by two soldiers of the royal guard with the royal badge, being a faced sunin splendour, on their breast. Below is the motto p[xrta rrgverta(Prasamsta Ranavirata (= Glory and Courage in Contest))
http://www.hubert-herald.nl/BhaKashmir.htm

क्षत्रिय

Sher Sindh Rana, the Man who Brought back Ashes of Great Prithviraj Chauhan
from Afghanistan

Later, Sher Singh Rana took a flight from Dhaka to Dubai, from where he proceeded to Kabul. He had a national mission in his mind, he wanted to bring back to India the ashes of Hindu king Prithviraj Chauhan which were buried in Afghanistan. Rana said he brought relics and sand from the king's grave at Deak village at the outskirts of Ghazni in Afghanistan. He also had a memorial built in Etawah in Uttar Pradesh. Kanpur Police confirmed that from the remains a memorial was founded which will be a temple of Prithviraj Chauhan. Sher Singh Rana was welcomed by Hindu Kshatriya Sena in Uttar Pradesh for bringing back the relics of Last Hindu Emperor of India Prithviraj Chauhan.Recently Sher Singh Rana also warned Directors Sanjay Leela Bhansali who was slapped by Hindu Karni Sena while shooting for his upcoming film on Rani Padmini

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sher_Singh_Rana

His Mission in Afghanistan

Song dedicated to this Great Rajput

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
17 June 1822- foundation of giant Jammu Kashmir state when Raj Tilak of Dogra Raja Gulab Singh performed at the banks of Chenab river (Akhnoor) by Maharaja Ranjit Singh

Raja Gulab Singh a soldier, king, strategist and statesman went on to become Maharaja uniting Jammu, Kashmir, ladakh, Gilgit and Baltistan.

A state which borders Russia, China and Afghanistan and independent of British rule.

19225129_696949643825751_6190525503192129766_n.jpg

Rajputra

excellent Thread @Bornubus bro, i must say all Dogras have pretty Impressive History just like Rajashtani Rajputs.

can you tell me something about my Kaushik Rajput clan ? we are very very small clan as majority are merged under larger rajput communities. i only know 1 kaushik rajput and shes a girl. we are originally from Kashmir valley just like kashyap and some gautam clans.

we are somavanshis, our kuldevta is lord shiva and kuldevi is yogeshvari mata ji from Abu mount.

gekko

Dogra Rajput are pretty underrated ...Underrated within the underrated ppl of Indian history....They are now my favourite section of ppl in India
True that.

Information about them is hard to find even though I am interested and searched in many forums. There's not much available on the internet. All of it is in books.

Willy2

True that.

Information about them is hard to find even though I am interested and searched in many forums. There's not much available on the internet. All of it is in books.
I think the problem related to them that our historian brand them as "British agent"...Like I remember in our history books the name dogra never mentioned..just one like that a warlord name Gulab Singh cross sikh empire during last Anglo-Sikh war and in return got Kashmir..thats it finish..

gekko

I think the problem related to them that our historian brand them as "British agent"...Like I remember in our history books the name dogra never mentioned..just one like that a warlord name Gulab Singh cross sikh empire during last Anglo-Sikh war and in return got Kashmir..thats it finish..
The British agent thingy was done by the British themselves. It was done deliberately so that once the British left, they could paint a more charitable and collaborative picture of themselves by claiming that they were not driven out by violent protest. Their narrative was that "many Indian communities worked with us. Everyone loved our British rule, we only left because Mr Gandhi was such a decent man and he sat on a non-violent dharna and we respected his wishes and left India. We were not driven out by violent protest at all."

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
We were not driven out by violent protest at all.
Isn't that true though? They left because they got wasted by Hitler. They didn't have any troops to help keep the peace in India and India had a large number of battle hardened armed soldiers returning from WW2. The violence would have started if they hadn't left. So they got the hell out of dodge while they could with their dignity intact.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles