Raj rebuffs Uddhav, says no to merger

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrj, Feb 13, 2013.

1. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Like I said, he will stay independent and sell himself to best bidder in every election. SS is dying, BJP should be worried.

Raj rebuffs Uddhav, says no to merger - The Times of India

3. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I believe Raj Thakeray's rally in Kolhapur was massive. Seems he wants to become a regional party in Maharashtra and might succeed also.

4. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Well this was bound to happen but his party share of vote wont rise above that of SS . i doubt whether dalits and muslims votes for fim

5. parijataka

^^^
    Might come back to bite Congress and NCP in the a*** in the long run if he becomes as big a player in Maha as he seems will.They initially thought he would be a vote splitter for SS-BJP. Downside of divide and rule.

Moral - is it going to be regional parties in each state and eclipse of Congress-BJP in next 1-2 decades ? In case of Congress its downfall has been entirely self made as it started out with dominant presence in all states and then after Indira Gandhi started cutting down regional leaders who might challenge the Ghandy family. Now there are no worthwhile leaders in Congress, only sycophants. As for BJP - looks like it might wither before it becomes a truly national player ! Look at the states with regional parties - UP - SP/BSP, Bihar - JD(U), WB - CPI/TMC, Orissa - BJD, TN - DMK/AIADMK, Punjab - Akalis, etc.

panduranghari likes this.
  6. anoop_mig25

NOPE congress and NCP vote back are strong. SS-BJP came to power in 1995 due to support from independents and that to forced by sharad pawar , initially they where backing congress.

Congress-NCP strategy is to pro-long this SS-MNS battle so as to split votes. So on one hand we have congress sliently baking SS while on other hand sharad pawar sees image of senior thackeary in RAJ

7. parijataka

Ok thanks for that info. SS has base only in urban Maha, and then only Mumbai is it ?

8. anoop_mig25

Yep SS is stronger in some parts , but with every loosing election there power is diminishing in even those aeras

9. nrj

Weak SS actually gives very good opportunity for BJP to field their candidates but BJP si busy killing its own popular leaders in MH so its a shame that they will suffer loss because of their own internal politics.

10. parijataka

Who are the BJP leaders from Maha other than the late Pramod Mahajan ? Surprising that BJP was not able to get a foothold in the home of RSS while it managed to enter Kar a virgin territory for the party in South.

11. nrj

Gopinath Mundhe

I don't think BJP has any stable presence in South. BJP is losing where it can score most right now, Maharashtra. I see all the traditional trader community following with Cong-NCP, they have no choice although.

parijataka likes this.
  12. LordOfTheUnderworlds

LordOfTheUnderworlds Regular Member

not able to get foothold? people actually want to keep away the Brahminist forces. the only reason people in maharashtra prefer to suffer Congress NCP misrule, despite extreme misgovernance and corruption is TINA factor, to keep away the Brahminist+chauvunist alliance which is feared to be even worse option. there is simply no good option.

13. parijataka

Seriously, Sharad Pawar is one of the most corrupt political figures in the country. Farmers are committing suicide in Maha more than any state yet you think of Brahminical forces. Congress is no less. However, lack of good leaders in BJP in Maha may be a valid reason for their being at fringe - a good and dynamic performer like Modi would hv worked wonders in any state.

Dont mind what I am saying but this constant carping about Brahminical forces makes you guys come across as whiners. A positive person like Milind Kamble is any day better than a whiner like Kanch Iliah... :)

panduranghari likes this.
  14. LordOfTheUnderworlds

people did try BJP-SS rule in 95, I guess people didn't like it and was followed by 15 years of congress NCP rule even though everyone is fed up of them.

how many common people have even heard name of Kancha Iliah? anti- brahminism in maharashtra has history of many centuries. its not for no reason that caste based reservations in government jobs were first started in princely state of Kolhapur and Ambedkar was patronised by maratha sardars.

15. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

It was a natural reaction to what happened in 1992-93........Infact the very factors n People responsible for their rise was those who Thakeray Ji himself hated.....
    Though times r changing Both MNS n SS have somewhat Local Muslim support......Something vis-a-vis MQM has Mohajir Khan support against Pashtuns in Karachi......:rolleyes:

16. parijataka

1) Agree, BJP-SS might not hv done good job.

2) Kancha Iliah is a regular on English News Channels. Ambedkar was a great intellect but this fellow is a rabble rouser. (Prakash Ambedkar otoh makes sense.) If you and I are here on some internet forum neither of us is `common people` in context of India !

3) What abt Ambedkar's school teacher who recognised and encouraged his talent ? Many of the social reformers in Maha were Brahmins.

17. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

Women in Maharashtra love Raj Thackrey. And women will vote for him. Raj calls the shots and Uddhav better bow to the better natural leader. And thats how I see it playing out. Vote splitting in 2009 lead to Congress-NCP winning in thane. Unthinkable a few years ago. Its a bastion like Mumbai is.

18. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Raj has already carved out a constituency for himself. Merger means surrendering his gains.

19. LordOfTheUnderworlds

He has right to believe and say whatever he wants, it's free country. He may have his own viewpoint and If I am not wrong he usually makes fairly rational arguments.

Not every Brahmin has to be Brahminist; they come in many flavours. e.g. Congress/Communist leadership and policymakers have been mostly Brahmins/Upper castes. Actual groundwork for preserving Brahminical system is usually done by people from other castes - those who benefit from the system.

and people who opposed and abused social reformers were also Brahmins. In old movies and articles they used to be called 'sanatani/sanatanwadi' people. Now a days it can't be done openly so they spit their venom on internet forums.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  20. parijataka

Kanchi Iliah is rational... ok. To me it seems the likes of Kancha spit venom rather. One example is a veteran member here.

21. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

After reading the irrational hatred about anything even remotely brahmanical in origin, i some times wonder if the subjugation the backward classes complain of is completely self induced almost masochistic.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk