Raj Babbar: Full meal available in Mumbai at Rs 12

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Vishwarupa, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

NEW DELHI: Congress spokesperson Raj Babbar on Thursday said it was possible to have " full meal at Rs 12 in Mumbai" even today, a remark that drew sharp reaction from BJP, which dubbed it "laughable".

Babbar said this at the AICC briefing in response to a volley of questions as he tried to explain that poverty has come down even as prices have risen.

He was also asked about lower cutoff of expenditure limit to determine poverty and that how can the poor be able to have their full meal two times with a daily expenditure as low as Rs 28 or Rs 32 per day.

"People should have full meals two times a day. How one can have it is a very good question that you have asked. Even today in Mumbai city, I can have a full meal at Rs 12. No no not bada paav. So much of rice, daal saambhar and with that some vegetables are also mixed," he told reporters.

Babbar at the same time said that he was not saying it was fine.

Ridiculing the remark on NDTV, one of BJP's television panelists Lalita K Mangalam said it was "laughable" for the Congress spokesperson to have said it.

To a question about rising prices of vegetables mainly tomato, Babbar said, "if we assess poverty by tomato, then it will be difficult. You may not be having tomato in cities but the poor people in villages will pluck a tomato and have it. Tell me whether he is rich or poor."

He, however, clarified that he was "not giving the definition of the poor".

"We are not shying away from the issue of price rise. Prices have risen but along with that the per capita expenditure has also risen... More than the ratio of price rise, our expenditure has risen," he said.

Raj Babbar: Full meal available in Mumbai at Rs 12 - The Times of India

Only Maharastra secretariat office serves meal for INR 12 & Pantry in Delhi Parliament office service food for INR 5. This shows that these political bastards do not know about common man.

parijataka and Patriot like this.
  3. Vishwarupa

News just coming in:

Live: BJP leader sends Rs 33 money order to PM, Sonia challenging them to have meals
    http://in.yahoo.com/

Keshav Murali likes this.
  4. WMD

WMD Regular Member

Well this proves that the asininity of congress and its spokespersons knows no bound.

5. Patriot

Patriot Senior Member Senior Member

All this food is subsidized & these good for nothing baboos & politicians enjoying virtually free meals out of taxpayers pocket. It is just like we are indirect financing the feeding to the snakes.

The rates of food at these govt. joints must also be at par with the market prices. Can't these money laundering corrupt to core politicians afford food at maket price? There is no rational reason to feed these useless politicians on subsidized rates when same is not available to the common citizen.

On the other hand MoF has made petroleum prices as per market dynamics. After eating subsidized sumptuous meals these politicians even dare to make the mockery of the poor citizens by drawing BPL sort of bullshit.

6. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

Another Congi leader said he can get one time meal from :inr: 5 in Delhi. :lol:

This reminds me the scene of movie Run: "Sala paanch rupiye mein to Kauwaa biryaani hee milega na.." :rofl:

rock127 and Patriot like this.
  7. lcatejas

lcatejas Regular Member

They are talking about parliament house ..........any how they don't pay for any meal..... its always billed on us....

8. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

Dalit ke ghar free mein khaane wale kya jaane meal ka bhaav...

JBH22 and Neil like this.
  9. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Even a single vada pav in mumbai costs 10+ Rs :mad:

If he is talking about the Assembly Canteen then poor people should go there and eat as it has been told by spokesperson of a ruling party

10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Rashid Masood of the Congress has done better than Raj Babbar the actor.

Masood has stated that with :inr: 5 you can have a hearty meal in Delhi.

Is that the reason why Montek and his Commission is going berserkly odd with their figures?

Raj Babbar can be forgiven because he is a Bollywood product. He sells dreams!

He thinks he is still addressing his dialogue to what we used to call in school, char anna (actually charzies) bhuts

11. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

In my state there are 5 rs. Daal-Bhaat centers, some of our clients have taken meal there and they praise the food quality if asked. Some day I will try it :D

12. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

I think I saw that movie where the actor starts speaking in voice of a Crow after eating Crow biryaani :lol:

He has been a bad character in movies as well and never really looked a "hero".

btw I think people missed another IDIOTIC comment of Raj Babbar when he was asked about the recent "Aditi Restaurant".

He was asked if it was wrong when Congress goons attacked and closed the restaurant and he said he would have definitely slammed the food plate on the face of restaurant manager.

Seems like Congress is becoming MORE and MORE arrogant and baffled before eelctions.

VIP likes this.
  13. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I think the poor people of Bombay should line up in front of Raj Babbar's house, give him :inr: 12 and ask him for a hearty meal.

Likewise, in front of Masood's house in Delhi with :inr: 5 and ask for a hearty meal.

I was totally shocked at that fool Sanjay Jha justifying these ridiculous claims.

The man is totally a brainless wonder!

mikhail, Sabir and arnabmit like this.
  14. SamwiseTheBrave

SamwiseTheBrave Regular Member

not a brainless wonder - more like a smug, annoying prick !

VIP likes this.
  15. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Even in my school i had to pay Rs.10 for a somewhat okay 'meal' comprising of rs4 patty and rs6 burger/chole. Im sure prices would have increased by now to nearly double.

16. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Those were the days :aww: Prices should be more than double but I think there was some talk of getting rid of fast food from school canteens some time back.

A patty is not a meal though.

17. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Kolkata prices of cheap street food from temporary stalls and carts... no tax, no establishment cost:

All single servings.
    veg meal (rice, dal, chokha, sabzi): 20/-
    egg meal (veg meal + egg curry): 28/-
    fish meal (veg meal + fish curry): 30/-

Chapati each: 4/-
    tarka dal plate: 12/-
    alo sabzi plate: 12/-

There is no way a person can have breakfast, and 2 meals for less than 50/-

Keshav Murali likes this.
  18. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

He was talking of US$1 per day as the international standard definition of poverty.

He further said as per ppp, Rs. 22 is equivalent of US$1.

Can anyone validate this:

Rs. 22 is equivalent of US$1 as per PPP adjusted for inflation at current exchange rates?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  19. Vishwarupa

20. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

Best Joke of the Month on Twitter :-

Neel Soni [email protected] 19m
    McDonald's to introduce new burger for Rs 12 , which will be named McBabbar...........

aragorn, iNDiAN.96, VIP and 4 others like this.
  21. Keshav Murali

Keshav Murali Back to studies :( Senior Member

Vivek or was it Vadivel? Don't remember, but seeing KAKA BIRIYANI left me on the brink of insanity :rofl:

U Sun Dar likes this.