Railway Budget 2012

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Thx for pointing it out pmaitra, was little surprised to see this report, but I thi9nk the coaches that are coming now are capable of running up to 150 km/hr and the engines can sustain much higher speed, correct me if I am wrong

pmaitra

Thx for pointing it out pmaitra, was little surprised to see this report, but I thi9nk the coaches that are coming now are capable of running up to 150 km/hr and the engines can sustain much higher speed, correct me if I am wrong
Our CLW WAP-5 (tested at 184 kmph) and WAP-7 (tested at 177 kmph) locomotives have been claimed to be capable of 200+ kmph speeds with some change in gear ratios. Also, our LHB coaches are very much capable of 180+ kmph speeds.

BTW, DFI comes pretty high up when searched for the Kakodkar Report. I wish more and more people see this thread. ToI is very irresponsible.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nitesh,

Maitra is a Railway brat who has skinned his knees in many a railway colony during his childhood.

His attitude may be like the Anglo Indian engine driver (Om Prakash) in Julie and all Anglo Indian Railway children I knew - totally for the Railways come what may!

Therefore, he is a trifle extra loyal to his salt.

He seems to be abreast of things the railways are doing and what should be done.

It is obvious that the populism of the last few ministers bringing the railway to nearly go the Air India way is breaking his heart.

I sympathise with him as I sympathise with Trivedi, who I know and he is quite a straight talking chap, inspite of being needled as I have seen!

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
The government is in no hurry to oblige Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on her demand to sack her party nominee Dinesh Trivedi as Railway Minister.

Taking note of her late-night fax nominating Mukul Roy as a replacement, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said he would consider replacing Trivedi only if such a situation "develops".
Cong shows a little spine, keeps Didi waiting for Dinesh's head - Indian Express

In what was interpreted as a message to the UPA's second largest constituent, Mukherjee told Lok Sabha: "The PM has received a communication from Mamata Banerjee. It is under the active consideration of the PM."

Meanwhile, Trivedi attended Parliament and office as usual on Thursday, saying, "Nobody has asked me to resign."

On Wednesday, he met technocrat Sam Pitroda - one of his key advisors - and reportedly called the Prime Minister. Singh, according to sources, asked Trivedi not to put in his papers.
Congress puts Trivedi sacking, and Mamata, on hold - Hindustan Times

Is MMS finally taking charge on policy issues? Will Trivedi get to keep his budget and portfolio then?

pmaitra

MMS should show some spine and stand up to the nonsensical whims and fancies of Mamata, and her blackmailing tactics. In fact, he should already get the master-stroke player Pranab Mukherjee to start preparations, in the event there is withdrawal of support by TMC, so that Mr. Dinesh Trivedi can be re-elected on a Congress ticket.

Simultaneously, MMS should start talking to other political parties, just in case the mercurial Mamata decides to withdraw from the government.

Another way to respond to Mamata's blackmail would be to counter-blackmail Mamata with the threat of dismissing the West Bengal State Legislative Assembly and placing the state under President's rule.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Can we change this thread to include info & pictures of trains, coaches, their interiors & stations of our neighbour countries to east countries like japan, korea, china, singapore, thailand, cambodia, vietnam, malaysia, indonesia... etc + of west like paki's, afghan, kazhakh, uzbek, iran, turkmen, saudi, israel, italy, britain, france, germany, switzerland, sweden, ..etc + of African countries + of American countries & Austalia...

pmaitra

Can we change this thread to include info & pictures of trains, coaches, their interiors & stations of our neighbour countries to east countries like japan, korea, china, singapore, thailand, cambodia, vietnam, malaysia, indonesia... etc + of west like paki's, afghan, kazhakh, uzbek, iran, turkmen, saudi, israel, italy, britain, france, germany, switzerland, sweden, ..etc + of African countries + of American countries & Austalia...
IMHO-

No, for railways in India, including monorail, trams etc., use: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/general-multimedia/6796-indian-railways-multimedia.html

For foreign railways, feel free to open a thread. Place it in Multimedia section. No need to mention the word 'Multimedia' in the thread title. If it is already in Multimedia section, it is good enough.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I was listening to the various TV Debates on the Railway Budget.

It was said that the rise in the train fares was pittance compared to what is actually required as mentioned in the Pitroda (infrastructure) and Kakodkar (safety) reports and that the Govt had to chip in to ensure that the Railway can survive.
'
Laloo remains the clown that he is. He has said the Railways was a lactating Jersey cow in his time and now it has stopped giving milk.

The poor fool does not realise he is the fountainhead of the decline. Mamata Bannerjee's 'white paper' when she took over indicated the fudge that Laloo had perpetuated to fool the Nation and dry the coffers!

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Nitish Kumar was the last Railway Minister who had tried to run the Railways with a professional touch. Sadly he was succeeded by Didi and then by the great Mr.Laloo who transferred money from different heads and showed it as extra revenue.

What is very heartening about this budget is that the different Unions recognised by IR have all supported the Fare Hike and are behind the current Minister.

Rly unions back Trivedi, write to PM - Indian Express

harshali

New Delhi: Railways Minister Dinesh Trivedi, as part of his Rail Budget 2012-13, on Wednesday announced a nominal increase in passenger fares.

According to the Railway Minister, fares will go up by 2 paise per km in ordinary second class and suburban services; by 3 paise in mail/express second class; 5 paise per km in sleeper class; 10 paise per km in AC 3-tier, AC chair car, and non-AC First Class; 15 paise per km in AC two-tier; and 30 paise per km in AC first class.

Also, minimum fare and platform tickets would now cost Rs 5.

This is the first hike in passenger fares in 10 years.

Trivedi also announced 75 new Express trains, 21 passenger trains, besides 75 new services in Mumbai suburban rail network, 50 new services in Kolkata suburban rail network and 15 in Chennai suburban rail network.

RAILWAY BUDGET HIGLIGHTS

Fares and Freight

"¢ Fares up by 2 paise per km in ordinary second class and suburban services
"¢ Fares increased by 3 paise per km in mail/express second class
"¢ Hike in fares by 5 paise per km in sleeper class
"¢ 10 paise per km hike in AC 3-tier, AC chair car, and non-AC First Class
"¢ 15 paise per km hike in AC two-tier; and 30 paise per km in AC first class
"¢ Platform tickets to cost Rs 5
"¢ 50% concession in fares in AC-2, AC-3, Chair Car & Sleeper Class to patients suffering from 'Aplastic Anaemia' and 'Sickle Cell Anaemia'
"¢ All Arjuna awardees to get free travel in Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express
"¢ Izzat scheme – Rs 25 rail pass - travel distance increased from 100 km to 150 km
"¢ Independent Tariff Regulative Authority for freight and fare proposed, to be debated

Click here to read the Live Railway Budget 2012 updates !

pmaitra

Drama karti ha sali.dono mile hue ha

I don't think so. Mr. Trivedi is sincere about Indian Railways. Mamata is greedy to ensure kursi for next term.

Let us support Mr. Trivedi here.

Yaar, ek taraf ticket kiraya bhi kam rakhneko majboor karoge, ulta accident hone se Railway Minister ko gali bhi doge, yeh kis tarah se sahi hai?

Blackwater

I don't think so. Mr. Trivedi is sincere about Indian Railways. Mamata is greedy to ensure kursi for next term.

Let us support Mr. Trivedi here.

Yaar, ek taraf ticket kiraya bhi kam rakhneko majboor karoge, ulta accident hone se Railway Minister ko gali bhi doge, yeh kis tarah se sahi hai?
Yaar my comment came from the news that ,mamta is angry with railway budget. How cum she does not know keeping in mind trivedi is her man

pmaitra

Yaar my comment came from the news that ,mamta is angry with railway budget. How cum she does not know keeping in mind trivedi is her man
Not any more, apparently. Mamata has asked MMS to Trivedi with Mukul Roy, another goonda. There have been many good people in TMC who left because of Mamata and her dictatorial nature.

pmaitra

Debate: Mamata puts UPA in a fix (1,2,3,4/4)

[video=youtube_share;gDMEGan7u6w]http://youtu.be/gDMEGan7u6w[/video]

[video=youtube_share;tkz9DyDJwwQ]http://youtu.be/tkz9DyDJwwQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;S808dPwOubQ]http://youtu.be/S808dPwOubQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;D_gaRB0rU58]http://youtu.be/D_gaRB0rU58[/video]

pmaitra

Debate: Congress corners Mamata (1,2,3,4/4)

[video=youtube_share;ou0Uoeg3NmI]http://youtu.be/ou0Uoeg3NmI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;jSbkzFdYo0U]http://youtu.be/jSbkzFdYo0U[/video]

[video=youtube_share;-eAUgsefJR0]http://youtu.be/-eAUgsefJR0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;RplpMZh59TQ]http://youtu.be/RplpMZh59TQ[/video]

Listen to the third video. Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, MP, TMC, talks about Mamata, saying that a person coming up from the masses will never be liked by the bourgeoisie (sounds like burzoa). TMC is more communist that Left Front, apparently.

Chan Lankela

Country flag
I fully support this budget. This tax looks like it will actually do something, we may actually see an improvement in nation wide services. Hopefully, nothing controversial happens which negatively affects the image of the minister who promoted this.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
don`t everybody here thinks mamata is playing old sonia gandhi tactics of good cop/bad cop??

H.A.

What about Mr. Trivedi now....is he staying or is he going and what about the budget in general and fare rise in particular?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles