Rahul warns against globalisation: 'Excludes as much as it includes'

Discussion in 'Economy & Infrastructure' started by anoop_mig25, Oct 20, 2011.

1. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Rahul warns against globalisation: 'Excludes as much as it includes'

Posted: Thu Oct 20 2011

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday advocated measures like UID and inculcation of the Buddhist idea of “compassion” to meet challenges posed by globalisation, which, he said, “excludes as much as it includes”.

“There are millions left out of the process, millions who do not benefit from globalisation and millions more damaged by its asymmetrical application of power. The local networks that protected them no longer exist,” he said at the 20th anniversary lecture of Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies.

While he sought to red-flag concerns about globalisation citing the examples of a Vidarbha farmer who drinks pesticide “as global cotton prices tumble” and a tribal boy who walks past a housing colony “built on top of his home never to set foot in it again”, Rahul steered clear of a sweeping judgement on globalisation, which came in for sharp criticism from Yale Professor Thomas Pogge.
    Invited by the institute to speak on ‘Globalisation, Justice and Rights’, Pogge attributed to globalisation the emergence of “supranational law and regulations”, dominated by alliances like G7, G8 and G20, from which the general public and even the majority of weaker governments are effectively excluded.

Noting that migration is converting India from a static, village-based society into a mobile urban one, Rahul said the process “leaves people bereft of justice and rights”. “It is a process that involves fathers sleeping on footpaths in new cities... women being sold silently in the shadows...Our concepts of justice and rights have been structured for static societies,” he said.
    ================================================================================================
    diggy must be happy.is student is learning very fast.most congreesment would be happy if they retyrn to old days of license raj

3. Naren1987

Naren1987 Regular Member

I'd like to see them try.

4. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

The Commie's in the Congress woodwork has started to come out. Are we going back into poverty times, its better for Congress and Commies.

5. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

:facepalm:

That doesn't even makes sense ! Also extremely scary !

Welcome pre-1990 era

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  6. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Rahul Baba - suggest an alternative!!

If you ask me, life in the cities is still better for those who migrate from villages. If it wasn't the case, there wouldn't have been any migration!!

7. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Now all together: Rahul Gandhi for PM!!! Digvijay for HM!!! :troll:

8. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

and he will be the biggest curse on india if by any chance he goes on to be the PM of india!

can people still not see who and what rahul gandhi is?

one feels terrible for india, a country with huge potential, india might just remain one for decades to come. what a shame!

9. Naren1987

Naren1987 Regular Member

High time the people woke up.
    The CONgress enjoyed support from the educated class in the past, but I'm sure that they're fed up to the teeth now.
    The Hindu working class hates them, the middle class hates them, I just wish the Muslims would sign up.

10. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

:sucide:

Is he on drugs??

11. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

That would be correct. Succinctly put.

12. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

i do not know why everybody supports UID. Is is going to capture your every data specially one related to money transaction and the class going to get burnt is again middle. upper class waalas would any how find way out .

13. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Well Rahul can start his "protest" against globalization by dumping his "phoren" girlfriend and go swadesi.

Just today Pronob asked for support from the BJP for next set of reforms which includes FDI in retail that will get the walmarts and carrefours into India.

Pronob for PM, Rahul hai hai!!

Rage likes this.
  14. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

May be he got carried away having being invited. He took it as a for or against competition of school and decided to speak against it. Sadly he may just give another push to the markets going down big time.

15. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

From 2004 - 2009, congress carried out very little economic liberalisation, but they conveniently blamed the communist for that, saying its because of coalition compulsion. But now the real face of Congress is beginning to come out, even the 90s liberalisation was done because they had no other choice, not because they actually wanted a liberal economy.

LurkerBaba likes this.
  16. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

This is the handiwork of the bengali jholawallah infested NAC

17. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

According to astrologers rahul will never become prime minister.

18. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

I am very much anti-Rahul but I think One day He would become PM , May be 2019 or 2023. He has age in his hand + Top leader of congress in making. It's not possible that Congress won't win election in next 30 years also His surname is Gandhi.

19. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Yesterday i was at dinner party and there was one astrologer who said he has read his patri in depth and said it was the worst he has read and claimed that he will not become prime minister. The best patri he had read was of akbar and queen elizabeth 1.

Now i dont believe in astrology but i thought to share what i heard.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  20. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

Dr. PM. Manmohan Singh, the Father of liberalization and globalization of India !

21. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

This guy is a Dumna%# moron and congrasiyas want this dimwit son of a corrupt Italian to be the PM of the this godforsaken nation of bigger fools and illiterates . I say why not? We have seen the consequences of a weak spineless PM (our very own shameless MMS) i.e. it's free for all loot for anyone and everyone in congress. Raul will be one step ahead of MMS, i.e spineless-shameless and at the same time brainless!! I seriously petty this guy's speech writers, they ought to be from some rag-tag commie shit-pant organization, hired by that demented idiot diggy raja the bafoon!