Rahul Gandhi to be designated No. 2 in Congress ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Oct 29, 2012.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Can someone file a PIL on blatant disregard of internal democracy in political parties ? This flouts the very notion of India being a democracy if political parties are inherited from one generation to the next. Congress Party started this trend with JL Nehru and Indira Gandhi and now almost all parties are becoming fiefdoms of families. JL Nehru is supposed not to have promoted his daughter Indira but she was made Congress President in 1959 when there were many senior and distinguished men and women in Congress party at the time, mainly because of being JL Nehru's daughter I suspect. Even most of the younger generation of Congress politicians are nothing but children of earlier Congressis.

If this continues, India will be in the same league N Korea. As it is with the huge corruption of Congress party and allies and crony capitalism of those friendly with ruling clique, India should be called an oligarchy or kleptocracy rather than `world's largest democracy`.

Rahul to be designated No. 2 in Congress soon

NEW DELHI: Congress heir apparent Rahul Gandhi will soon be formally designated No.2, with organizational reshuffle to follow Sunday's ministerial rejig to complete the overhaul of the ruling establishment for the 2014 elections.

Rahul is likely to be elevated as 'secretary general' or 'working president', perhaps as early as this week itself. Although the two pedestals have been ceremonial, they will pack real punch in his hands, and will delineate the hierarchy for future.

3. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  4. Defenceindia2010

Defenceindia2010 Regular Member

Why am i not surprised at this, eventually he will be branded as the future PM. Another Gandhi family rubber stamp on the nation's future, well what can you expect in this pseudo-democratic nation. :tsk:

5. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

As I said, been hearing since a long time. But it's the PROMISE from congress, so as usual you can't trust it....:p

6. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah, I am also sick of this ever repeating news. I think I will stop posting Rahul Gandhi joing govt rumours... :D
    [My earlier post was dated Sep 25th from First Post and this one from TOI dated Oct 29th]

7. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Is this a surprise? It should have happened long ago. But kiddo isn't ready!

One should thank Raajmata for not making RG sit on Prime Minister's chair prematurely.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away