Rahul Gandhi : Eat full roti, work for 100 days, vote for Congress

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Sep 12, 2013.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Paagal ho gaya hai yeh aadmi - now all of us should holiday for 265 days in a year and Govt of India will deliver hot rotis to us at home if only we vote Congress.

Way to go to Zimbabwe like state with Rahul Gandhi our Mugabe.....:frusty:

Rahul Gandhi to aam admi: Eat full roti, work for 100 days, vote for Congress

UDAIPUR: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday accused the opposition of creating hurdles for the Food Security Bill till it was eventually passed by Parliament.

Addressing a tribal and farmers rally here in Rajasthan, Gandhi said the opposition was creating obstacles whenever the Congress-led UPA government tried to bring welfare measures.

The rally at Salumber came a day after Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi addressed a Bharatiya Janata Party rally in Jaipur.

Gandhi said: "There are two views, one of the opposition and the other of the Congress. The opposition wants that infrastructure should be developed - roads and airports should be developed, we also think alike. We say that infrastructure should always be built but people who build it should also be helped. This is the meaning of a government of common man.

"We think that the country will only progress when labourers and people contributing towards development have sufficient food to eat."

The 43-year-old said the Congress wanted to fulfil the dreams of those who toil hard.

"It does not make a difference what the opposition says, we will continue to work for the common man.

"Your fight is our fight and I want to make your dreams come true," he said.

Talking about the Food Security Bill, Gandhi said the opposition tried to stop it "but we went ahead".

"Nobody will sleep hungry. This is the guarantee," Gandhi thundered.

Parliament this month passed the ambitious National Food security Bill that aims to provide cheap food grain to two-thirds of India's 1.2 billion population

Gandhi lauded Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot for providing free medicines to poor.

In Rajasthan, at least 600 generic medicines are provided free of cost to both Below Poverty Line and Above Poverty Line people in government hospitals.

In place of old slogan, "Aadhi roti khayenge Congress ko jitayenge", Gandhi coined a new one: "Poori roti khayenge, 100 din kaam karenge, dawaiee lenge aur Congress ko jitayenge" (Eat full roti, work for 100 days, receive free medicines and vote for Congress).

He said that India is bouquet of diverse flowers. No matter which religion, caste or creed or tribal a person is, his voice should be heard.

He added: "We can crush our personal dreams for realizing the dream of the common man."

Earlier, Gehlot highlighted various social welfare schemes launched by his government.

Assembly elections are due in Rajasthan this year.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  3. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Smart move by Congress.

If I am a poor person with low intellect and if someone from Gandhi family gives me 100 days salary, almost free food, healthcare, education; and on top of that all the freebies from the schemes/yojanas in Gandhi parivars name. I would also vote for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I heard this speech.

I regret to say that the content was very juvenile and the type I used to see in earlier elections where the examples were of type where illiterates found resonance.

Today, the villagers are no illiterates, nor is the general public.

They will not be impressed with all this about full roti, free medicines and such glib talk!

They have seen over 60 plus years that these are mere hollow war cries!

Last election was on Aam Admi and they have seen how the Aam Admi has been had!

Earlier, they were told Roti, Kapda and Makan. They got none.

You can fool people some of the times, but you cannot fool all the people all the time!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Was it @Bangalorean who made the comment about some maid who said she'll vote for Indira's party because they got her a house in 70s ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  6. Ray

What was the age of the maid?

Elderly people have a sense of loyalty.

The Youth is interested in their own milestones!

TrueSpirit likes this.
  7. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Are you sure you will get it? We already have free medical care but no doctors and huge medicine and ambulance scams. The PDS has failed, what gives you the idea that Food security will succeed? MNREGA is already a big scam.

8. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Providing something free is not good, it never worked.

9. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Yes, that was me. Such things are so depressing.

And @Ray sir, the maid was more than 50 years old.

VIP and Ray like this.
  10. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

According to Pappu, Indians have a dream of eating poori roti and working for 100 days. According to him, Indians can't think beyond roti even in their dreams.

11. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

'3-4 Roti khayenge, 100 din kam karenge aur Congress ko vote denge - Rahul Gandhi'
    I'm eagerly looking forward to his term as Indian Prime Minister. He's capable of so much more and will transform India into much more (like his father who brought Computer into this third world country).

12. Decklander

Decklander New Member

His father also caused Bofors and HDW scam. Hope you remember that also. Regarding computers you are wrong. Computers had come in much before that, Sam Pitroda brought it to common Indians. Old INS Beas of 1950s tech also had weapon aiming computers and Durg class had far more sophisticated computers onboard which were inducted in 1975. Jaguar was inducted in early 80s before RG became PM. Please get your opinion updated.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  13. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

But poor people are not stupid. They know the money would come only till the elections. They take the money and vote for whomever they want.

TrueSpirit and Singh like this.
  14. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

mr.ray

once i asked a senior doctor "why is medical sector in our country so pathetic,why are people so lenient about health and blame doctors for everything?"

my senior asked me a question " answer my question.you are having 5 lakhs in hand and you are looking for a new car.you have gone to a showroom and all of sudden you got heart attack.you are admitted in hospital for treatment and it costed you a full 3 lakhs.
    now tell me whats going on in your mind?"

i said "if i had not got a heart attack, i would have bought a car,had the hospital charged me less i could have bought atleast a smaller one!"

he replied saying " you are educated,a doctor,still you think a heart attack costed you 3 lakhs,but it is your life style for past few decades.you want the hospitals to charge you less but you wont think of changing your attitude.
    had you showed a percent of interest in buying a car on health then you would have been a healthy man .isn't it"

the answer for my question came in front of my eyes.

the problem is our attitude.we believe things what we see and what we feel rather than what are good and necessary for us.irrespective of what you said even an educated will vote for congress if he gets a hovel,and free food.

about illiterates the less spoken the better

i will post you a video from telugu movie leader,just go through it
    One of the best scene from LEADER movie - YouTube
    sorry couldn't give subtitles.will try my best to get it

15. Ray

@drkrn

MY apologies.

Haven't understood.

But is the gist is:

, then that is true.

But then when election after election, it is merely hot air, then even the illiterate will get wise!

People are equating the BJP ruled States with other States.

They are wondering that is Modi is such a dastard as he is being made out to be? Then how is it that he is winning election after elections, more so when greater leaders and more charismatic than Modi, like Indira Gandhi lost ? And how is it that the Muslim areas with Muslim candidates of BJP won hands down and how in the name of Scott, did the Muslim agree to stand on BJP ticket if Modi is a scoundrel? All this has confused people and have made them wonder if Modi is really such a demon or is it Setalvad, Javed Anand, Mander propaganda with Congress backing that is at work!

Elections apart, how is it that the BJP governed States have a way higher growth than the dismal figures of the Union UPA Govt?

The masses of India are in dire strait, with domestic budgets running wild and food on the table getting scare, be it of the literate or the illiterate.

Therefore, HOPE is what springs in the human breast.

They compare and think a Messiah has come to Judgement.

They maybe wrong, but it is better than the gloom and doom that they are being subjected to currently.

Have you noted today's news.

MMS is preparing to meet Nawaz.

He is oblivious to the repeated injuries Pakistan has caused to India to include the Mumbai carnage and ignoring the killing of those who protect our sovereignty and territorial integrity by standing vigil at the frontier so that the same old Manmohan and Khrushed can have a good night sleep!

So, does that instil confidence that we are in good hands with people who care for India?

Bhutto said Pakistan will eat grass but will have the nuclear bomb. He lived up to that maybe by eating grass.

Our worthy Govt do not show the same gumption!

The indications makes anyone proud?

Makes you proud?

TrueSpirit, kumar_v1.0 and kseeker like this.
  16. drkrn

17. drkrn

a discussion between a senior politician and junior politician

the junior politician as cm puts a bill in assembly to give powers to acb ,enough to ride and seize assets of politicians and assembly rejects it.in the break period the senior and cm goes for a talk

during discussion cm asks "whats the problem for these people to vote against corruption.have i asked them to forego their properties?"

senior " there is your mistake.corruption is necessary for us only.this bill wont be passed"

cm "will poeple forgive us for our mistakes.do you think they are fools?"

senior "suppose a persons works all day and buys chicken biryani,then if we take chicken out of it,he will eat it with dal,if take dal too he will use curry,if we remove rice as a whole,then he is in confusion looking here and there,at that point we come and announce RICE FREE .the person forgets his work,his chicken biryani and votes for you.
    the public is not expecting anything from us and we dont have any rights over the public.we should keep them there only"

truth of todays politics

i recommend each and every person to watch this movie with subtitles.worth watch
    Leader (2010 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Ray whats the use ,after the elections are over??

TrueSpirit likes this.
  18. Ray

Many offer freebies.

do they win?

19. Ray

People also tire of false promise.

Khurshed promised the Muslims 9% reservations for his wife's election in his constituency which he thought was his pocket borough.

She lost hands down!

People today are not fools!

Never underestimate the power of the TV to reach even the illiterate!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  20. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Mistranslated I think.

Poori roti is not full roti, it is poori and roti

Poori as in fried bread

Roti as in chapati/phulka

21. EXPERT

EXPERT Regular Member

Why dont we eat full 'puri' , work for 365 days and vote for Aam aadmi party.