Racist Taunts at Delhi airport!

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SPIEZ, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

A WOMAN from Manipur has accused an immigration officer at Delhi airport of saying she “didn’t look Indian”, the latest incident underscoring racial prejudice and ignorance about people from the Northeast.

Source:
    Link

3. G10

G10 Regular Member

How does such scum manage to get these high posts in government.

SPIEZ likes this.
  4. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

He may have suspected her for chinese, may be there were some irregularities in paper work casting doubt. May be he is copy book racist. Not enough details here.

5. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Who appointed these scums to such high office. We are ashamed. NE people are most down to earth and among modern educated Indian community.

The entire main land gets a bad name because of these fools.

The unit 21 para which avenge the killing of Dogras are mostly made of NE dudes - Col Sanjeebam himself from Manipur, if I am not wrong.

Add so many many martyrs the recent being Hangpan Dada.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  6. Abhishek Roy

Abhishek Roy New Member

and i got warned by google cause i said the truth :facepalm:

SPIEZ likes this.
  7. thethinker

thethinker Senior Member Senior Member

I am sorry: Sushma Swaraj apologises to Manipuri girl Monika Khangembam over alleged racism

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...monika-khangembam-over-alleged-racism-2233560

A Manipuri woman has alleged that she was subjected to racial harassment at the international airport following which an inquiry has been ordered into the incident. Monika Khangembam alleged that on Saturday an immigration official at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport hurled racist remarks at her when she was on her way to Seoul for a conference. Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said today that an inquiry has been instituted into the allegation of racial harassment and action will be taken if anyone is found guilty.

"We are examining the case. We have asked for a full report. There have been previous cases of harassment. We will take action if there was a harassment," he told reporters here. The inquiry will be conducted by the Bureau of Immigration, which comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. After learning about the matter, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj expressed regret over the incident and said she would take up the issue with Home Minister Rajnath Singh

"Monika Khangembam - I am sorry to know this. Immigration is not with me. I will speak to my senior colleague Shri @rajnathsingh ji to sensitise Immigration officials at the airport," Swaraj tweeted. On her Facebook wall, Khangembam wrote that when she went to the immigration desk at IGI at around 9 pm on Saturday, an official looked at her passport and said, "Indian toh nahi lagti ho" (you don't look Indian).

Srinivas_K and SPIEZ like this.
  8. alphacentury

alphacentury Regular Member

The racist taunts are reciprocal while Indians from other states have actually faced violence in Manipur, and they dont hold any grudge about it in general, while people from Manipur are proud of their acts. Its a two way street, I wont feel any guilt about a random incident of checking passports while Indians have to get ILP to visit Manipur.
    If you are talking about racism , also talk how they treat people from other places.

Also, the said woman is "woman's rights activist" with "international accolades" and is a congress stooge. I will believe what a chair says over her. So, please verify incidents,persons,news before posting and fanning them out of emotivity.

TODELU, DingDong, Razor and 3 others like this.
  9. SPIEZ

• ILP was set up by government of India and not the people of Manipur. It is important to understand what is happening before being critical.
    • Still criticizing people based on their looks is no-brain-er. Its a driver for more separatism.
    • The issue is under investigation by GoI and if true it can be a very sad incident.

adrenalin likes this.
  10. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Govt officials have to be neutral even if the locals in different places are racist.

SPIEZ likes this.
  11. SPIEZ

Another case of unchecked racism

Source

12. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

All the good-for-nothing, douche-bags and outcasts of IB and other such agencies end up serving at the Immigration Counters.

adrenalin likes this.
  13. porky_kicker

porky_kicker Regular Member

i am from NE
    i myself look like chinese depending on my haircut and facial hair ,

the problem is with smart ass who hold government positions.
    not all people r ignorant.

phara likha (educated degree holder) unpar gwar (un educated behavior) idiots r responsible for 90% of indias problem.

manipuries are staunch Hindus.

separatists are a different matter , if a fraction of money that is wasted on kashmir was spend on NE things would be much better here.

ILP is a center imposed law , states having nothing to do with it.

14. Swaraj

Swaraj Regular Member

I feel sorry for NE Indians because they have to face Racism from Mainlanders just because their land is part of this British fabricated India.

both people have noting in common with each other.

15. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Don't worry. They do not need your certificate to be part of fabricated land!!

DingDong likes this.
  16. Swaraj

Swaraj Regular Member

i am not going to give my certificate to those people as well :)

17. TODELU

TODELU Regular Member

I vouch your words, they are amongst the friendliest people around..My best friends were from Nagaland while i was studying.

Bahamut likes this.
  18. TODELU

TODELU Regular Member

But then again,it is unfortunate she was asked about her Citizenship.But which country doesn't ask?
    I look Indian( Desi)when i travel to other countries they sometimes ask me to take off my spectacles to discern if it was only me in the Passaport!
    The officers were only doing their duty,it was not like she was strip searched?
    These sort of things happen,when you travel a lot.
    But i agree this shouldn't happen within the Boundaries of Bharat.

19. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Making a mountain of a mole-hill.

20. praneet.bajpaie

praneet.bajpaie Regular Member

Calm down man. British fabricated India or not it is India so deal with it.

A lot of communities in India have nothing in common with each other so what exactly is your point?

What are you trying to say here? Give independence to all North Eastern states??

21. manutdfan

manutdfan Regular Member

Shit happens.......................................

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    harsh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.