Question to the Chinese members

If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand?

• I will support the movement and actively fight for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will oppose the movement and actively fight against

• I will support the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

• I will oppose the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tienanmen Sqaure Incident - what's that?

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I'm not Chinese, just following the poll

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

JayATL

Dumb thread - not surprising given the immaturity we see from the OP. If I were Chinese I would ignore such a moronic poll too. I got a poll from the whacked out's here. Are you vying for the dumb or dumbest thread of the year.

trackwhack

Dumb thread - not surprising given the immaturity we see from the OP. If I were Chinese I would ignore such a moronic poll too. I got a poll from the whacked out's here. Are you vying for the dumb or dumbest thread of the year.
Cartoon :lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Please no personal stuff.

no smoking

Country flag
It is not fair to ask them such a question.

If they reply honestly and that is picked up, it would create serious trouble for them.

We should not put our friends in trouble since, it is well known, that they are under surveillance and one of them may report the other and then the poor sod will be up for the high jumps!
That is a funny imagination of you, my friend.

The reason that most of chineses won't discuss it with some foreigners is that they won't give the answer you guys expected. So, in general, this kind of discuss would lead to nowhere. Finally, these chineses would get a label like "50cents army".

So, why bother to answer someone who already has their own answer and won't accept any different anwers.

no smoking

Country flag
Someone voted option 1 but for obvious reasons he/she has refrained from identifying self.

I understand that the topic is touchy and may cause serious harm if someone openly states an opinion that will be frowned upon by the CCP.

However, I dont think by just voting, the CCP or the Chinese cyber army can pinpoint who voted which option. And I have faith on the integrity of the DFI admins to not share that info. Hence if all Chinese members vote we can get a general sense about opinion of Chinese DFI members, about their stance on Democracy

My friend, if you want ask a question, you shouldn't set up your own assumption first.
From your post, at least one thing I'am sure: you and most of indians here know very little about the whole thing.

In my opinion, in this case, CCP is evil for sure. However, the so called "democratic students" were not kind of angel, either.
The whole thing started from anti-corruption, which later turned into a power struggling.

There was a video showed on Australian SBS channel regarding a discussion between prime minister Li and students:
Li was furious at the time:"we reached the agreement yesterday, why you change it today? What do you realy want?"
The student leader:" There is nothing to discuss, we just want you all step down."
So, these students misjudged the CCP. They didn't realise who they were dealing with. These CCPs already saw millions death in civil war. They don't mind making compromise, but they will not give up without a fight.
Just as every protest in China, western media would claim how peaceful they are. But this one, I can tell it wasn't. From the beginning in the night of 04/06, it was fight. A fight started by protesters: most of them were Beijing residents. My home was just 2 kilometers away from the main streat to Tiananmen. I personally saw 3 trucks full of people were moving towards there. Everyone of them had their weapons-wood bat, steel pipe.
One of my classmates was there, he and others started attacking the matching army. At first, the army didn't response and just tried to push the protestors back. But after some of soldiers were injured seriously, the whole thing lost control: the soldiers started shooting. My classmate, who was just 15 years old, was sentenced 5 years prison as he and his friends beat one soldier nearly to death.
Ironically, the students in Tiananmen Square who they tried to defend just surrendered without any resistance. They just simply walked away from the square under the watching of army. We'll never forgive them.
Regarding your question, I would say:"No, I will not support any democratic movement before some of them sacrifice their lives." At least, CCP, they put their own heads on the line before 1949. More than millions of them blooded to death for their dream. So, I don't think that is much to ask.

mylegend

Another thing other must be realized is most so-called democratic leaders flee the country way-ahead of the crack-down, they do not even have the courage the stand by their cause with their life. Many who stood ground for their believe fight and for their cause end up took up the fight themselve. Democracy will not be accomplished by those coward, there is just no way, a coward is always a coward. Without courage and order, nothing will be accomplished.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Only flaw of poll on DFI is small sample size. We need more members.

cir

I was there on the inside and on the outside.

About 300 people perished, most of them were not students who were used and exploited by a foreign power,but bad elements and soldiers who didn't open fire even when attacked upon。

The chance of a repeat of the incident is less than India disintegrating as it is just a loose collection of small states which, if it were not for the British, would still be sovereign entities today。

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I was there on the inside and on the outside.

About 300 people perished, most of them were not students who were used and exploited by a foreign power,but bad elements and soldiers who didn't open fire even when attacked upon。

The chance of a repeat of the incident is less than India disintegrating as it is just a loose collection of small states which, if it were not for the British, would still be sovereign entities today。
A lengthy post that still doesn't answer the question asked. Typical.

pmaitra

So far -
5 Chinese voted.
10 non-Chinese following the poll.

trackwhack

So far -
5 Chinese voted.
10 non-Chinese following the poll.
Yes, but only 3 votes are of consequence. Chinese posters here are very opinionated on every topic, yet have only given lame arsed excuses about the topic and its relevance. Some have spouted CCP propaganda defending the slaughter in 1989. Its a straightforward question with straightforward options to pick from, yet most have done nothing but beat around the bush.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I also made the poll anonymous, so that our Chinese posters can choose the options without any fear. But.....

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
Most people know it as long as they are not born after 1990s. I support a democratic movement as long as it is not a class based movement. There is so much problem with the Arab Jasmine Revolution. Christian who fought along with Muslim that overthrown the dictatorship are being suppressed by the Islamist. In fact, in one case, Muslim are able to crop off Christian's ear without any punishment and being praise by the Islamist. The only successful case happened is in Tunisia.

Another problem with a revolution is who will be leading it. Some of foreign Chinese democratic movement leaders are some of most nasty mankind you can imagine. For their profit, they willing to say anything against Chinese nation, they support separatist movement as long as they are getting benefit from it.

A friend of mine who help organized Guangzhou's colleges student fundraising for the protests in Tiananmen told me a fact that is so dread. When they are half way down with fundraising, the Tiananmen Square incident got suppressed. In the 1991 major flood incident. The entire nation's attention is on those who suffered from the disaster. So my friend as the then "democratic leader" for the fundraising from 1989, those "leaders" are silent. They can not speak a word to answer him. He noticed those leader took the money for themselves.

So the problem here is that, many Chinese are will to see the nation to be more democratic, but we also want to see the movement is for democracy and not mixed with other agenda such as class warfare, separatist movement, self interest of the fews, and etc.

Myself will prefer the public pressure will force CCP to change within itself, so we can have a more peaceful transition. I do hope that the transition is done by various stages like the case of Republic of China. Although, I will support for a movement that is touched by those issue I described above.
But would you rather support a system that can potentially threaten yor language and culture?? Not only that, democracy is the worst shit ever, Infact I like the soviet/communist system better, sure people suffer, but its the most beneficial way to progress. Just imagine, without CCP I dont think u wud have been able to get hong kong and tibet, China wud have been atleast 1.5 times smaller.. I to be true am fed up of democracy and really want a strong govt which you fortunately have so good luck

Minh

Only a few chinese in China, most of them living abroad and some of them is Vietnamese Chinese like myself but they are loyal to CCP thug, China.

amoy

Yes, but only 3 votes are of consequence. Chinese posters here are very opinionated on every topic, yet have only given lame arsed excuses about the topic and its relevance. Some have spouted CCP propaganda defending the slaughter in 1989. Its a straightforward question with straightforward options to pick from, yet most have done nothing but beat around the bush.
u call this is a poll so u're supposed to welcome candid input . Therefore pls explain why u label different opinions as "CCP propaganda", or "defending the slaughter". Obviously u have made judgement with wording like "propaganda" and "slaughter". Then why put forward a 'poll' biased against members who don't go your way or with conclusions being already made?

Answer this first then we may walk further.

P.S. I am a supporter of CCP, overall speaking

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
我反对街头运动,如果有,我打酱油

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
我反对街头运动,如果有,我打酱油
What in the name of Mars, does it mean?

This is not a Chinese forum, nor are the majority of the posters Chinese.

Please use English!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ohimlaya,

Beyond the poll, what is your opinion?

You could let us the forum know as a post.

I am also aware that if you reside in China itself, it will be difficult to give an opinion.

trackwhack

Ray it means I am against street protests, if I hit soy sauce as per google translate

Ohimalaya, defending CCP for what happened in Tienanmen, to me is propaganda. But what do I know. If you think there should be other options in the poll, please state a few and the mods can decide whether to include them.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles