Question to the Chinese members

If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand?

• I will support the movement and actively fight for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will oppose the movement and actively fight against

• I will support the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

• I will oppose the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tienanmen Sqaure Incident - what's that?

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I'm not Chinese, just following the poll

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

trackwhack

If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand? Please answer the poll and post your reasons

Edit : The poll is now added. Thanks DD.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
most chinese dont know about the Tienanmen square incident
Indeed, that is why such a thread is stupid.

By the way, you didn't spell it right, it is Tiananmen, not Tieanamen. Now I really doubt you know anything about it.

trackwhack

most chinese dont know about the Tienanmen square incident
Lets not make this a shitfest my friend. I seriously would like to know what the Chinese members think.

Every Chinese knows about Tienanmen Square. Its one of the biggest bones they still have to pick with the CCP.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Poll added. I don't expect much participation.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand? Please answer the poll and post your reasons
Chines are not encourage by their govt to think freely (they will follow their govt line or end up in private jails for slave labor), therefore dont expect much from this. Just keep watching their economy and military.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

I didn't understand the commentary though :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
no point in posting the youtube video as it is banned in china.
Many of the posters here do not reside in China currently, it would be of help to them perhaps.

Last edited:

trackwhack

Lots of Chinese members, no one dares answer the poll. DD can you add a 5th option : Tienanmen whats that? and a sixth option: I'm not Chinese, just following the poll.

MOD EDIT: Done

Last edited by a moderator:

noob101

The Tiananmen Square incident is nothing compared to the number of people that China executes each year some of the humanitarian agencies have estimated 5000 executions each year more than all other countries combined... it is done very brutally in some cases, they are taken out to a field and shot this is followed by medical teams that go in to harvest their organs.... This was practiced until recently dont know if it is still practiced today.....

Chinese organ transplant market
C
hina Harvesting Organs

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Indeed, that is why such a thread is stupid.

By the way, you didn't spell it right, it is Tiananmen, not Tieanamen. Now I really doubt you know anything about it.
I know only what I saw of the very extensive live satellite TV coverage at the time, and will re-post from an earlier thread.

The demonstrators at first overwhelmed the police by sheer numbers, but there was no violence. It was a mass shoving match. Later, APCs were employed, by the army, I believe. These vehicles entered the square and to thwart them, the demonstrators had built barricades of piled up bicycle racks. The tracks of the BMPs (BMDs?) could get no traction on the barricades and they were immobilized. At that point, elements of the crowd firebombed the vehicles and the crews burned to death. By the time further force was applied by the authorities, resulting in the many deaths among the demonstrators, TV coverage was limited.

That is what I remember; perhaps there are still news films to confirm it. I have not looked for them. I knew that when the police were being overwhelmed, that the army would be called in and bloodshed would result.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is not fair to ask them such a question.

If they reply honestly and that is picked up, it would create serious trouble for them.

We should not put our friends in trouble since, it is well known, that they are under surveillance and one of them may report the other and then the poor sod will be up for the high jumps!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yet, I think Iceberg could attempt an answer since it appears that he is connected to the Chinese authorities, if one goes by the authority of his statements in this posts!

trackwhack

Someone voted option 1 but for obvious reasons he/she has refrained from identifying self.

I understand that the topic is touchy and may cause serious harm if someone openly states an opinion that will be frowned upon by the CCP.

However, I dont think by just voting, the CCP or the Chinese cyber army can pinpoint who voted which option. And I have faith on the integrity of the DFI admins to not share that info. Hence if all Chinese members vote we can get a general sense about opinion of Chinese DFI members, about their stance on Democracy

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Brigadier i think you have more experiance in dealing with ccp personnel than some sitting in south block :laugh:

mylegend

Most people know it as long as they are not born after 1990s. I support a democratic movement as long as it is not a class based movement. There is so much problem with the Arab Jasmine Revolution. Christian who fought along with Muslim that overthrown the dictatorship are being suppressed by the Islamist. In fact, in one case, Muslim are able to crop off Christian's ear without any punishment and being praise by the Islamist. The only successful case happened is in Tunisia.

Another problem with a revolution is who will be leading it. Some of foreign Chinese democratic movement leaders are some of most nasty mankind you can imagine. For their profit, they willing to say anything against Chinese nation, they support separatist movement as long as they are getting benefit from it.

A friend of mine who help organized Guangzhou's colleges student fundraising for the protests in Tiananmen told me a fact that is so dread. When they are half way down with fundraising, the Tiananmen Square incident got suppressed. In the 1991 major flood incident. The entire nation's attention is on those who suffered from the disaster. So my friend as the then "democratic leader" for the fundraising from 1989, those "leaders" are silent. They can not speak a word to answer him. He noticed those leader took the money for themselves.

So the problem here is that, many Chinese are will to see the nation to be more democratic, but we also want to see the movement is for democracy and not mixed with other agenda such as class warfare, separatist movement, self interest of the fews, and etc.

Myself will prefer the public pressure will force CCP to change within itself, so we can have a more peaceful transition. I do hope that the transition is done by various stages like the case of Republic of China. Although, I will support for a movement that is touched by those issue I described above.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles