Queen Padmini of Chittor- a corner of Indian history.

S.A.T.A

History has many diverse and intersecting narratives and in its nationalist construct it is essentially the chronicle of a indigenous society and its struggle,vision and achievements as a collective,a historical-political basis for its current nationhood.India's historical consciousness,today has become subservient to a cause that furthers the rendering of historical narrative, which serves a certian political expediency,secularizing Indian historical narrative is a product of this confused vision.

As much as one would like to conceive a mutually independent historical narrative,for Hindus and Muslims of India,where the respective narratives did not negatively influence the respective constituents evolution as a socio-political entity,or atleast complemented each other,such a historical rendering is a artificial construct.At every bend in their common History in India, the Hindu and Muslim historiography,esp that of the latter,is a chronicle of an existential strife between an indigenous socio-cultural entity and a violent,destroying intruding element.

While the Hindu has no problem fitting his narrative into nationalist perspective,infact he gives shape to such perspective,the Muslim is left confused.Those aspects of early Muslim political history,the conquest by Qasim the Arab,Ghazni and Ghuri,the Mughals,which should have commonly swelled Muslim hearts with pride,which they would have had they been living in different environment,have only ended up putting them on the defensive.Because These are the precisely the aspect which clash with the Hindu narrative,particularly when it is generally held to generate negative emotion among the Hindu.

The result is we have evolved a secular narrative,an euphemism for a new historical narrative, where Hindu have to adjust his narrative wherever it places the Muslim on a defensive.Where such adjustments become untenable,there new semantics are invented to explain common understanding.When the secular narrative paints Qasim,Ghazni or Ghuri,as mere booty collectors,common rapists and arsonists,with no particular religious motive for what they did,even when their own camp chroniclers,Muslim historian and other observers,have produced indisputable evidence,where it was the spirit of Ghazi(to be understood as one wages war against the unbeliever)against the idolatrous Hindus,which was the strongest motivation that drove the Muhammadan warriors forward in their brutal conquests(Muslim Chronicles amply testify how Muslim warriors would first destroy the Hindus places of worship,behead or enslave Hindus,before they indulge in looting and plunder.They are noted to have spared the life and property of those who convert to the faith of the conquerors,Ghuri and Ghazni took personal pleasure in razing to ground Hindu places of worship and defiling Hindu deities,breaking them off and sending them to various Mosques to be used as common stepping stones)it must be understood in the backdrop of this need for circumventing a uncomfortable narrative.

Producing a confused and contrived historical narrative,is synonymous with having no history,a country without history has no particular future.

Oracle

are you saying that i am a christian ??

in fact , i am a maharashtrian brahmin.
Your posts say otherwise. People in here are not fools.

This is the internet. You can be what you wanna be.

I am Superman. And with the help of my X-Ray vision, I claim you are a women.

ashdoc

Country flag

pankaj nema

Country flag
Historical truths and facts have to be faced ; however uncomfortable and disturbing they might be

Hindus have accepted the terrible wrongs that were done in the name of caste by upper caste Hindus against lower castes .

Even today such things happen in villages , no one is denying it .

But today these are individual acts which happen as rivalry and disputes ;not a systemic practice

But when it comes to Muslim Historical atrocities ; immediately the facts are twisted and whole new " spin" is given to facts . Why because truth is uncomfortable and unpleasant . As if the mere discussion of such things would cause an earthquake

For school children it is necessary that History is distilled before it is taught to their young and impressionable minds

But we are not school children isnt it

Somehow there is a desire amongst the secular brigade that the past should be simply erased and completely forgotten

If somebody doesnt want to participate in a discussion just ignore that thread .

But why start a misinformation and dis information campaign .

WHY TELL LIES .

Oracle

Historical truths and facts have to be faced ; however uncomfortable and disturbing they might be

Hindus have accepted the terrible wrongs that were done in the name of caste by upper caste Hindus against lower castes .

Even today such things happen in villages , no one is denying it .

But today these are individual acts which happen as rivalry and disputes ;not a systemic practice

But when it comes to Muslim Historical atrocities ; immediately the facts are twisted and whole new " spin" is given to facts . Why because truth is uncomfortable and unpleasant . As if the mere discussion of such things would cause an earthquake

For school children it is necessary that History is distilled before it is taught to their young and impressionable minds

But we are not school children isnt it

Somehow there is a desire amongst the secular brigade that the past should be simply erased and completely forgotten

If somebody doesnt want to participate in a discussion just ignore that thread .

But why start a misinformation and dis information campaign .

WHY TELL LIES .
Let go of the past and dream of an inclusive future, which holds true for everybody. While it's good to know what happened centuries back, the same thing should not be used as a standard measure while judging events of the 21st century. That would not only be foolish, but suicide. Take Pakistan as a reference.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am not against anyone. I have told clearly do all the bashing you like that suits you. I only comment on the spin people give to each and everything even if it was not that way.

I am not here to gag anyone. But there is utter non sense in some of the posts.

I don't get upset at all. I am very much calm and composed. I counter falsification.

I checked all accounts of Rani Padmini. I saw one site which said she might not have been existed at all.

If you want to look at everything from only a certain angle, you will always find ways for it.
So Rani Padmini might not have existed? And says who? Muslim chroniclers lied about her? Rana Pratap might not have existed.

Mind you, I too might have seen some sights. Karbala might not have happened. Hasan and Hussain were heretics and apostates. After all some sunnis want shias debarred from mecca. At least in pakistan they cannot call their masjids as masjids.

We carry it further back. Sites claim Mohammed never existed. Jesus never existed.

Hindus do know about her. Ask them where karbala is, they do not know. Naughty of them on both counts.

I really don't know how many even know about her.

Good comparison. Battle of karbala and one between two kings in india. Shows your knowledge.
It happened in distant past in far off lands. It was a struggle for political supremacy. A skirmish between a band of 72 shias [icluding one infant" and 4000-5000 umaids, was a MASSACRE, pure and simple. All 72 shias [including an infact] were massacred.

Last edited:

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
No mate I am not trying to negate historical fact but putting it into perspective, from mine at least. I have stated before as well that the banner of Islam was used for political purpose. To unite the armies to fight. But what they really followed was unislamic practices rape being one of them.

Alaudin Khilji was killed after a drinking party. Hardly Islamic.
You are welcome to have your persepctive. So can I. But yours is halal, mine is trolling. Else how could you call the OP as trolling? How else can you frown on persepectives that do not agree with yours?

And the sword usually settled the debates about succession to muslim kinghdoms, starting karbala.

Btw, how to commit a rape in islamic way?

Last edited:

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
Another attempt by you to give a Hindu Muslim spin to something that was just plain lust.

Best part about this is that the first person to write about this was Malik Mohammed.Malik Muhammad Jayasi
You of course mean first muslim poet. I thinks he refers to Her in glowing terms.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
@ Yusuf
The other day in the thread " Vegetarianism sapping the strength " I wrote that that Shivaji's armies prevented the ISLAMISATION of Western and southern India you gave me a huge lecture

And today you are again upset with this Rani Padmini story

Basically you want that in this forum we Hindus should not discuss the truth of Muslim atrocities
He advised you to respect others as well as Shivaji. By "others" he perhaps meant Shivaji's contemporaries like Aurangzeb et al. So when you praise Shivaji on any account, remember to respect Aurangzeb too.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He advised you to respect others as well as Shivaji. By "others" he perhaps meant Shivaji's contemporaries like Aurangzeb et al. So when you praise Shivaji on any account, remember to respect Aurangzeb too.
You forgot the Aurangzeb persecuting muslims part that I also said.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
You forgot the Aurangzeb persecuting muslims part that I also said.
Not forgot, but let it pass. Now did Aurangzeb persecute on religious grounds? how many mosques did he demolish?

He might have persecuted shias on religion. But then every sunni ruler did that.

Pushyamitra

mashallah what a great warrior Khilji was !

very much similar to my ancestor pushyamitra the great.

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Here is b@stard Devdutt Pattanaik spitting venom on Maharani Padmani

And nice threshing given to him.

https://rightlog.in/2017/11/devdutt-pattanaik-padmini-01/

A Woman Tears into Devdutt Pattanaik for his Shameful Commentary about Rani Padmini

Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, let me begin by admitting I haven’t read the great manybooksthat you have written. So I will refrain from commenting on them. I have, however read your tweets and the recent ones about Rani Padmini ofChittorgarhhave compelled me to write this letter to you.

You seem to be disgusted by the fact that the people of Mewar and a large population of India regards Rani Padmini as a brave woman worthy of immense respect because she chose self-immolation over dishonor. This kind of reverence to a queen who lived 700 years ago for an allegedly ” regressive and patriarchal ” decision and “celebration” of her sacrifice seem to have outraged your liberal, progressive ideology. Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, please allow me to demystify some myths (pun intended) for you.

Rani Padmini was the wife of Maharawal Ratan Singh who was the ruler of Mewar when Alauddin Khilji decided to conquer the Chittorgarh fort. Now, romanticism and popular culture has made us believe that Khilji attacked Chittorgarh because he wanted to “have” Rani Padmini. See Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, this is where all the confusion starts. Because your disillusionment about why Rani Padmini didn’t “choose life” also roots from this confusion. Because this idea that Khilji wanted to “have ” Rani Padmini gives rise to the notions that why then she didn’t just let him “have” her and then continued to “Survive and thrive” (your words, not mine)?

Unfortunately, Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, medieval warfare was a little more complicated than that.

Chittorgarh is not a mere fort. It’s a massive 700 acres of fortified city. Formidably built on a 180 meters high mountain top. That’s huge, yes even by medieval standards. The citadel was the seat of power in the region since 7thcentury and reasonably so. The citadel is massive, difficult to access and most importantly it’s designed to be self-sustainable when faced with prolonged siege. The water reservoirs and lands within can sustain an army of 50,000 for almost a year. Considering the dry, sandy landmasses of north western India, you can imagine why the citadel was so coveted. Yes, Chittorgarh means power. Whoever held the fort, held absolute power in the region. So now you can picture why exactly Alauddin Khilji was so interested.

Mr. Bhansali seems to have tried his best to picture Khilji as a roughed, bearded romantic but as any true historian worth his salt would tell you he was no such thing. He was a lowlife barbarian who liked killing infants over the heads of their mothers and used to boast about making towers of 20,000 Hindu skulls. As far as sexual orientation goes he was a knownhomosexual and pedophile. Now if this all-powerful sultan had coveted only Rani Padmini don’t you think he would have tried to have her kidnapped and smuggled out? See, I told you, medieval warfare was more complicated than Bollywood’s twisted romanticism.

The war between Maharawal Ratan Singh and Alauddin Khilji resulted in an 8-month long siege of Chittorgarh. When finally, they fought full frontal battle, The Maharawal died fighting.

Now, what do you think would have happened then? Let me clarify further. When an invader intent on destroying another kingdom attacks, he does much more than just killing the ruler. Wars are fought more on psychological level than by swords and shields. Why do you think Devdutt Pattanaik Ji that even modern nations fiercely protect the family members of their heads of states?

Now how do you think Khilji would have proceeded after he had killed the Maharawal and most of his generals and lead warriors? Yes, he would capture the fort. How do you think he would have awarded his battle worn, travel worn and hungry foot-soldiers? He would have ordered them to go berserk on the citadel’s residents. Rape any woman they find, loot anything they can lay their hands on. Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, medieval armies where known to even rape and defile corpses.

Now how would he ensure that not a single living soul would dare to resist him further? The answer is obvious. He would hold the royal women and children captive. How he would ensure that the morals of the people of Mewar is broken to such extent that no one would dare an attack on him while he stays there? He would torture his captives and set examples.

Rani Padmini was the queen of a fierce warrior clan. Don’t let the Romanticism and cheap popularization of Bollywood’s film makers fool you into painting Rani Padmini as the naive, demure fancy doll. Rani Padmini knew what is going to be the fate of herself and hundreds of other women inside the citadel. They would have been raped, brutalized in every way possible, first by the sultan and his chief generals then gradually in decreasing order of military ranking. They would have been flogged, stripped naked and paraded around. Any infants and children would have been killed before their mothers’ eyes and this would go on endlessly till the sultan had absolutely made sure not a single male Rajput is left alive and motivated enough to start an uprising. The women who survived would then had been transported to his harems to be sold and resold as sex slaves if they live. Think Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, what would it have done to the Morales of the vanquished people of Mewar who have lost family members in the long war to see their queen and her royal companions flogged through the streets and raped every day?

Rani Padmini knew better. She made sure that the Rajput flame for vengeance had to be kept burning. She knew she and her companions would have nothing but misery, torture and diseases if they are captured alive. She knew the brutes storming their walls do not even spare corpses in their desperate lust. She knew she can’t have her people see her defiled dead body. So, she made a choice.

Yes Devdutt Pattanaik Ji,a choice. The choice of a queen who deserves every bit of the goddess like reverence she commands amongst her people till date. She decided that the brutes who have killed her husband and his gallant warriors will have nothing but a pile of ashes when then breach the walls of her citadel. She decided that she will not allow herself to be defiled and insulted. She decided that she will not let her people down. She knew that her life was not merely her own but belongs to the people of Mewar who would one day rise again to avenge their beloved queen.

She could not have been righter Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, because Chittorgarh did not perish after Khilji captured it. Rani Padmini had kept the flame burning, merely a decade or so after that, Rajput sisodiyas regained control of the citadel. Chittorgarh saw lion hearts like Rana Sangram Singh, Rana Udai Singh, Rana Kumbha and many other great Hindu rulers who kept on the glory of Mewar touching unfathomable heights.

Devdutt Pattanaik Ji, Rani Padmini did not choose death. She chose immortality.

~A proud Indian.

Mailed to us by Sanghamitra Purohit

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
jisko yeh sab sunn kar
jab humari rania aag mein kood rahi thi sun kar gussa na aye

Bhai who literally muh laganey kay layak nahi ...
I was really sad when I imagined the scene what might would have happened within the walls of chittor
damn...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles