Quality of posts in DFI is going down with every passing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
When I joined , there were only 700 members here. In this two years I think, quality of posts and threads in the forum have deteriorated without much improve in trafic. There are less defence or strategic subjects. But threads intended to politicalor religious mud throwing are more common. As an example, there have been several threads on Gandhiji. many members who did not support his ideology gave their opinions openly but none of them dared to address him ' Naked Fakir' or 'Spineless Moron' or did not last here after doing such things. Threads with political orientation are very common nowadays and very often these threads turn dirty. There should be complete ban on using abusives against any personality irrespective of nationality or religion because that is not the way to go on. If we dont follow it strictly we will have no difference with some Pakistani forums. Even if you want to discuss about Zaid Hameed you can very well show the mistakes and make fun aswell. But just saying "...That Paki ......" does not add anything new (because everyone knows that already) nor it maintain the quality. Mods should be careful whether members are providing valid references in support of their specific claims in threads or posts. Doing it the forum can be kept cleaner as it was earlier.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To all the members & the moderators,

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I am initiating this thread. I joined DFI not just because it was an Indian military forum & I am an Indian, but because I found this forum to be different from many other defence forum on the net. The quality of posts & discussions that used to take place on this forum was of the very highest order. There was hardly any name calling, any use of profanity or any personal attacks done by the members. We chose to gladly disagree with one another & yet remained dignified.

But off-late I am witnessing a rather sad development on this forum. The very things that I liked about the members of this forum seems to be vanishing with every passing day. This forum seems to be turning itself into a "troll supermarket". The quality of posts that I am seeing off-late are nowhere near the quality that was there on this forum earlier. I am sorry to say it like this, but it is becoming just like the Pakistani forums that are there on the world wide web. I do not mean to sound hateful towards our Pakistani brethren, they are most welcome to join here & share their views with us & disagree with us.

There are many members who has joined recently who I think knows nothing but to abuse others & they hail from all nations that are represented on this forum & not any particular one. I also see people abusing other's religion & even family members at times.

This tread is just my appeal to all the members & moderators of DFI to lift the standard of debate on this forum & not bring it down. I will never ask the moderators to ban those members or delete their posts as I am myself a staunch supporter of freedom of speech of every individual. But it is my earnest appeal to all my fellow members to post concrete opinion & not just one liners or hateful stuffs.

I am sure good sense will prevail on all our parts & DFI will become the forum that we all want it to be.

Respectfully,

Black Eagle
I assure you that it pains the Administrators and the Moderators more than you will believe.

I am not either and so I can give some frank opinions.

None love to he sitting on a dung heap, as you will agree.

I am sure they try their best.

They have tried to be balanced and fair and have allowed all sorts of opinions to prevail.

They have tried everything in the book possible.to calm the frayed nerves.

But I am sure we all agree that the posters themselves are responsible for the sad state we are in?

Could we report obnoxious posts?

Please note it should be obnoxious and personal and not merely because the poster does not agree with our views.

You would have noticed that 'thinking' thread are given the go by.

It is the one where one can do some real mudslinging that actually progresses into infinity.

So, I think we posters should contribute to the thinkers and not the mudslinging timepasses.

Let us show, as posters, that we are also the educated ones who visit this forum and not those who have enough of unlimited downloading facility!

The choice is entirely ours!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles